• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins GDT/GNT's week 10 (Dec 8 - Dec 14)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:mod: Tang! :mod:
:yahoo: 2-1 Pens! :yahoo:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:mod: Tang! :mod:
:yahoo: We're tied at 3! :yahoo:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we get a point of this.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should've pulled Greiss and put in Fluery for the shootout, Greiss is not good at them.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrific embellishment by Wizneiwski.
Wasn't though? The refs didn't see that, but they thought that Comeau embellished when Bobky pulled his stick up in front of him. I'm biffledinked by that one.

I thought the Pens showed a lot of character tonight. The way the Jackets came out, the Pens could have easily folded, especially when they were playing with a good bit of the team recently called up from Wilkes-Barre, but they hung with them and even pulled ahead when it looked like the Jackets were running out of gas. Overall I thought it was a good game, the level of intensity was definitely there. I hope the Pens can keep playing at that level.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letang played well, but really can't say anything about the rest of the Pens besides Comeau. We saw some good defense by Scuderi tonight at least. IDK, you guys could sugarcoat this all you want, but we lost to 1 of the worst teams in the league again.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letang played well, but really can't say anything about the rest of the Pens besides Comeau. We saw some good defense by Scuderi tonight at least. IDK, you guys could sugarcoat this all you want, but we lost to 1 of the worst teams in the league again.

When rivals meet up Doob, you can throw the standings out the window. Look at the first ten minutes of that game! It was as if the Pens bench had just shot every dog the Jackets owned prior to puck drop. C-Bus was seeing red, and they were raging. Last season's playoff exit at the hands of the Pens obviously is still with them.

I tip my cap to them. It was one of the most exciting regular season games I've seen in a long time. And considering the Pens iced guys like Farnham, Ebbett and Rust tonight, it's possible the Pens, on paper at least, were the worse team tonight.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When rivals meet up Doob, you can throw the standings out the window. Look at the first ten minutes of that game! It was as if the Pens bench had just shot every dog the Jackets owned prior to puck drop. C-Bus was seeing red, and they were raging. Last season's playoff exit at the hands of the Pens obviously is still with them.

I tip my cap to them. It was one of the most exciting regular season games I've seen in a long time. And considering the Pens iced guys like Farnham, Ebbett and Rust tonight, it's possible the Pens, on paper at least, were the worse team tonight.

IDK about you, but as the season progresses, I see the Pens regressing. Our so called "ungodly power play" is now ranked 2nd in the league, we struggle to score 3+ goals, and we haven't blown anyone out since the Canadiens game which was weeks ago. If you're happy about tonight's loss, I won't take that away from you, but for me, there's a lot to be concerned about. The way we're playing right now, we're destined to be bounced out in the 1st round of the playoffs.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play the Lightning on Monday, watch them r*pe us :L

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pens have been raped by injuries. And Skid is nowhere to be found during games...that is the biggest issue for the team. Add to it the new system and coach and it may take a bit. With some health and a Skid rebirth, this team is dominant. to play tight games with WBS skating against NHL teams, is solid

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pens have been raped by injuries. And Skid is nowhere to be found during games...that is the biggest issue for the team. Add to it the new system and coach and it may take a bit. With some health and a Skid rebirth, this team is dominant. to play tight games with WBS skating against NHL teams, is solid

IDK about dominant Scouty, maybe we could win on a consistent basis, but we don't look dominant at all. We barely beat teams when we win. I want to see some 3+ goal wins before I start calling this team "dominant".

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For everyone who says we were skating with the WBS Penguins last night, I'll argue that the Blue Jackets were skating with the Springfield Falcons. It's not like the Blue Jackets are healthy either. No Hartnell, no Horton, no Anisimov, quite a bit of talent missing from their roster as well.

Maybe if MAF was there instead of Greiss we would've won the game, looking back we probably should've started Greiss against the Flames & MAF against the Blue Jackets.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about you, but as the season progresses, I see the Pens regressing. Our so called "ungodly power play" is now ranked 2nd in the league, we struggle to score 3+ goals, and we haven't blown anyone out since the Canadiens game which was weeks ago. If you're happy about tonight's loss, I won't take that away from you, but for me, there's a lot to be concerned about. The way we're playing right now, we're destined to be bounced out in the 1st round of the playoffs.

They're regressing, but it's because the top six is ravaged by injuries. Comeau, Spaling, Goc and Sutter are playing out of position. When Kunitz and Sid return to the lineup, and Hornqvist rounds back into form, I think things will settle down again for them.

I wasn't happy they lost, but I can't get bent about it because they are a very unbalanced club at the moment. Rust and Farnham barely skated 6 minutes of ice time last night. Andrew Ebbett is not an everyday NHL ice hockey player anymore. They just need guys to get healthy, and play where JR and Johnston had them intended to play and I think you will see the powerplay and the team as a whole round back into form.

With the point last night and the Lightning loss, Pittsburgh now leads the Eastern Conference in points. Geno is playing at an MVP caliber level right now, and Fleury has numbers that says he's having a career year. There are a lot of positives to take from all of this right now, too, if you look for them.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're regressing, but it's because the top six is ravaged by injuries. Comeau, Spaling, Goc and Sutter are playing out of position. When Kunitz and Sid return to the lineup, and Hornqvist rounds back into form, I think things will settle down again for them.

I wasn't happy they lost, but I can't get bent about it because they are a very unbalanced club at the moment. Rust and Farnham barely skated 6 minutes of ice time last night. Andrew Ebbett is not an everyday NHL ice hockey player anymore. They just need guys to get healthy, and play where JR and Johnston had them intended to play and I think you will see the powerplay and the team as a whole round back into form.

With the point last night and the Lightning loss, Pittsburgh now leads the Eastern Conference in points. Geno is playing at an MVP caliber level right now, and Fleury has numbers that says he's having a career year. There are a lot of positives to take from all of this right now, too, if you look for them.

True, there are positives, I'll also add that Letang has looked like a serious Norris contender since he's come back as well. Hopefully it's just a case of the injury bug. I'll try to keep hope alive :hope:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played some NHL 15 last night, usually everyone wants to be the Penguin, not last night. Last night, NO ONE wanted to be the Penguins.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blue Jackets are only that low in the standings because they have had injuries themselves, there is a reason they won 5 games in a row heading into last night. They are a playoff team for sure.

Sure Anisimov and Hartnell are big misses, Horton not so much because he just doesn't play ever, they are used to it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blue Jackets are only that low in the standings because they have had injuries themselves, there is a reason they won 5 games in a row heading into last night. They are a playoff team for sure.

Sure Anisimov and Hartnell are big misses, Horton not so much because he just doesn't play ever, they are used to it.

Playoff team for sure?

:think: