• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penalties cost us this game.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 for 131. And at the wrong times of course. This is one of Pete's greatest weaknesses. He is unable to coach the players to not commit stupid penalties. Holmgren was much better at this simple part of the game.

Highest paid defense in the league and they give up 39 points? They should be ashamed.
Russell I am waiting for marriage to get laid is only average. This season he is below average and you cannot blame it all on the O line. He misses a lot of throws and holds the ball too long.
This will be Lynch's last season. He has earned his keep over the last few years but is not what he was. Now I think he is actually a detriment. Way too many times this year he is stopped behind the line.

I think Seattle's playoff hopes are doomed. Time to bench as many starters as possible and give the new kids a lot of playing time. The team will be better for it next season.

And the next player who complains about money should be traded on the spot. Thanks Chancellor you greedy team screwing a hole!

The cards think they made a statement. Lets see if they keep getting the benefit of 14 penalties every game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 for 131. And at the wrong times of course. This is one of Pete's greatest weaknesses. He is unable to coach the players to not commit stupid penalties. Holmgren was much better at this simple part of the game.

Highest paid defense in the league and they give up 39 points? They should be ashamed.
Russell I am waiting for marriage to get laid is only average. This season he is below average and you cannot blame it all on the O line. He misses a lot of throws and holds the ball too long.
This will be Lynch's last season. He has earned his keep over the last few years but is not what he was. Now I think he is actually a detriment. Way too many times this year he is stopped behind the line.

I think Seattle's playoff hopes are doomed. Time to bench as many starters as possible and give the new kids a lot of playing time. The team will be better for it next season.

And the next player who complains about money should be traded on the spot. Thanks Chancellor you greedy team screwing a hole!

The cards think they made a statement. Lets see if they keep getting the benefit of 14 penalties every game.

Some big penalties cost us BIG tonight.... Our defense made some great play's tonight, but then lacked discipline at other times... That's been the Seahawks this year, it's just not the same defense from a discipline standpoint... Some of those call's tonight though pissed me off like I haven't been pissed in years..

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to blame the defense... They were literally on the field 65% of the game... There was a time they were out there for 4 straight series... They scored (2) TD's in a row on defense and in between there Zona scored (2) TD's... And then RW comes in for the 2pt conversions and looks like crap in doing so... I honestly hate it when we put the ball in RW's hands when we need a big play via the pass...

Teams are keeping him in the pocket, not allowing him to improvise and scramble out of the pocket... He's not a good pocket passer and it's showing for sure...

Penalties for sure were one of the reasons we lost... Abandoning the run is another imo... We're running the ball like a wrecking ball and then we keep calling pass plays for a QB that was 12 for 28 at that point... I've usually supported Bevell but he called a poor game last night...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are ALL to blame for that embarrassment last night. I don't even call it a game, because that is NOT how we're used to seeing these guys.

Wilson's contract seems to have really cursed our offense. Revamping the line with players that SHOULD know how to protect their QB but can't...It was once said by someone online that "a QB is only as good as their offensive line," and we're seeing the proof of that statement right here.

But the defense also gets its share of blame, not for being out on the field too long, but for crapping themselves EVERY FREAKIN' TIME we get a fourth-quarter lead! It's like watching the worst of the Mariner bullpens coming back onto the mound just to give the game away like it was Christmas all year round! Cowards are turning this D into the Legion of Fizzle, and we should not have to accept that. Neither should PC.

And the penalties...Sure, last night, there were a few I would have to question from this so-called officiating staff, but even so, these people should know better. This is supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL team, and they're committing penalties in ways that would be frowned on in a Pop Warner game!

There will have to be some serious rebuilding on the road ahead if this team is to ever return to the greatness we saw only a couple of years ago. But a quick fix is starting to look less and less likely.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's contract seems to have really cursed our offense. Revamping the line with players that SHOULD know how to protect their QB but can't...It was once said by someone online that "a QB is only as good as their offensive line," and we're seeing the proof of that statement right here.

Some of those penalties with our OL is on RW imo... When he leaves the pocket prematurely, the OL does not know where he is... So if he runs to the outside, say the RT, RG's side and they don't know it the guy they're engaged with will try to release to try and run down Wilson... In doing so, it's forcing the OL to hold with that immediate change of direction... There is a lot more going on with the OL woes than just the OL being bad and inundated with penalties...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks opening Drive, they were moving fine then the phantom facemask on i believe or Right tackle after a Lynch run of 14(?) to the Cards side of the Field. That was a BS call and put the Hawks in a 1st and 25 killing the drive. I feel that 1 BS flag had a strong effect on the game as i feel the Hawks score on their Opening drive had that not happened. ( FG or TD ) Then it snowballed after that. When it happened you saw the reaction from Marshawn he was like OMG take me out. The Whole team went into a funk after that.

Every game you have some bad calls and that was a huge one. It like derailed the offense. Then there were calls they made against the Hawks that they did not make against the Cards. I am not putting this on the refs but if you call it one way you got to call it both ways.

Also Wilson does not seem as polished as he has seemed. Here is a rumor i heard, Some players wanted to practice with Russ in the Bye week and he blew them off to go on the trip with his G/F. He might be losing the respect he had earned with these guys. He is no longer the first one in the last one out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of blame to go around folks.

It all starts with the Offense. If they can't convert on 3rd downs, or sustain drives. You are going to tire out your defense in no time flat. All the conditioning in the world ain't going to help if they are too gassed.

My crazy ass plan for the offseason:

Fire Bevell. Sorry, nothing against him personally. But this offense needs a huge change.

Demote Richard back to LB Coach. Defense has regressed under him.

Hire Gus Bradley or Dan Quinn as DC if one of them gets fired, or any there decent DC available. Again the Defense has gotten worse.

Draft o-line in 2016. Do et!

Trade Graham for picks. A center if at all possible :D

Hawks got a good core already, just need to fix a few things and they should be back to being a top team in no time. Window is still open, does Seattle want to make the necessary changes though?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Graham for picks. A center if at all possible :D

Agreed... Yesterday I was left scratching my head again at why we traded for him... Trade him for picks... Our offense has digressed since picking him up... RW is more effective when our focus is on the run... Draft OL/RB and sign a better DB in FA to replace Carey Williams...

Maybe we should trade Sweezy for Ben Watson...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hire Gus Bradley or Dan Quinn as DC if one of them gets fired, or any there decent DC available. Again the Defense has gotten worse.
I remember the problems we had with Bradley, no thanks. He was more zone-minded, too. We need someone who will do away with zone when he sees that it JUST DOESN'T WORK.