• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penalties...Complaints, complaining, complain.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the Seattle Detroit game and I often like to read game threads, especially after a win. There were more posts about flags thrown or a lack of flags being thrown in that game.
I get it. Most in the thread wanted seattle to lose and I totally get that as well.

Are most of you new age football fans? I thought most fans were against the refs determining the outcome of games. I thought most fans want to let the players play, especially in the playoffs. I thought most fans want the game to speed up a little bit and that all of the flag throwing slows the game down.

After reading the game thread on the main forum, it sounds like there should have been 20 more flags thrown. It also sounds like we get helped by the refs on a yearly, consistent basis.

Pete has been our HC since 2010. How have we fared in the penalty department during that time frame?

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Penalties per Game on TeamRankings.com

2010-14th highest flags thrown against the Seahawks.
2011-2nd most
2012-8th most
2013-1st...
2014-1st...
2015-12th most
2016-7th most

Yesterday's game? 7 flags thrown at Det...6 flags thrown at Sea. No huge discrepancy there.

Those who feel Seattle has had a decided edge from the refs over time, feel free to post your response here.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the Seattle Detroit game and I often like to read game threads, especially after a win. There were more posts about flags thrown or a lack of flags being thrown in that game.
I get it. Most in the thread wanted seattle to lose and I totally get that as well.

Are most of you new age football fans? I thought most fans were against the refs determining the outcome of games. I thought most fans want to let the players play, especially in the playoffs. I thought most fans want the game to speed up a little bit and that all of the flag throwing slows the game down.

After reading the game thread on the main forum, it sounds like there should have been 20 more flags thrown. It also sounds like we get helped by the refs on a yearly, consistent basis.

Pete has been our HC since 2010. How have we fared in the penalty department during that time frame?

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Penalties per Game on TeamRankings.com

2010-14th highest flags thrown against the Seahawks.
2011-2nd most
2012-8th most
2013-1st...
2014-1st...
2015-12th most
2016-7th most

Yesterday's game? 7 flags thrown at Det...6 flags thrown at Sea. No huge discrepancy there.

Those who feel Seattle has had a decided edge from the refs over time, feel free to post your response here.

I'll say this much, officiating is the worst I've seen in the past 30 years or so. With all the technology and the multi billions made by the league, you'd think fans would demand a more accurate system than the sand lot one we have now. I don't have a horse in the race this yr so I am unbiased as far as the playoffs go. But I saw some awful calls and some blatant missed calls. Unacceptable at this level. I won't buy another ticket until they do something to improve this circus they call officiating. Might as well flip a coin to see who wins, about as accurate as many games now a days.