• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peat

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas didn't take a center with the 5th pick. If I remember correctly, it was a midround pick. That's fine. But with any pick in the top 5, you really should strive to get an exceptional Impact player. No matter how good a G ends up being, he will never make game changing plays.

dallas took a mid round pick on a center, a position many consider not worthy of a 1st round pick at all

, but frederick , was considered a 3rd round pick yet dallas picked him because they said he is the best football player on the board

my point is dont worry about the label just get the players

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelton is the safest pick at #5. There is no down side to this guy. All the other guys have major risks involved. Gregory, raw and injury prone. Ray, too small just a speed guy, not even 6'2 240 pounds and a liability in run defense. Peat, not a good pass blocker. Scherff, many say he has to move to OG b/c of pass blocking issues.

These are all major issues. What is the major issue with Shelton?

Dean, no player is without holes. There are enough analysts that feel he is a reach at 5 that gives me pause. Every year you fall in love with one guy and it has to be him. And more times than not that guy turns into a disappointment.

What happens if one of the QBs falls to us and we have other teams wanting to trade with us. What If Cleveland offers us both their 1st round picks? Do you still take Shelton? Or philly offers us their 1st and second this year and their first next year? Do you stick with shelton? Or what happens if Williams falls to us? And don't give me that crap that there is no way he can. None of us know what's going to happen and we've seen wierder things happen in a draft, especially with Oakland picking before us.

Please don't bore us all with your growing infatuation in every post with Shelton for the next 2 months. We all know you want him. We just don't need the repetition everytime you log on until draft day.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dallas took a mid round pick on a center, a position many consider not worthy of a 1st round pick at all

, but frederick , was considered a 3rd round pick yet dallas picked him because they said he is the best football player on the board

my point is dont worry about the label just get the players

I would have no problem using a mid round pick on scherff or peat. Unfortunately we have the 5th pick. That's a big difference.

But your point is taken about the label. So let me clarify. I don't think either of those guys specifically will be the BPA with the 5th pick. I would rather have Gregory or cooper.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand u have to see what the trade is. I just saying if we can t trade out and Williams is gone. Of course its hypothetical.