• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Payton's Top 20 College Football Jobs/Programs Today.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 3 seasons, Lincoln Riley has lost to Iowa St, tejas, and Kansas St.

At BEST a comparison to Smart would be even.

And? I’m not saying Smart is a bad coach. I think he’ll have them winning the east more often than not but he’s stuck a decade in the past and I don’t know if he has the ability to make enough of a change to catch up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you're gonna compare him to them. :L

My commentary was more on his ability to innovate and run an elite offense which is Georgia’s obvious weakness. With the recruits and athletes Georgia has at their disposal, fielding a quality defense will be damn near automatic and that’s what Riley has been missing.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geezus you're a sour puss... Not sure how many times I can say that I can make a case for any order between 10-15 in my list, but yeah, I'M the homer...

For your edification:

2018 recruiting classes

Notre Dame 10
FSU 11

2019 recruiting classes

Notre Dame 16
FSU 19

And this is with us playing like steaming turds and in turmoil, while you all keep putting up your scintillating 9-10 win seasons...

Notre Dame has a fantastic tradition and national brand... Not sure how much more credit you want for it. ?

Fine, put Notre Dame ahead of FSU... does your butt hurt a little less now?
You seem to, nearly always, take my legit disagreements with you as some sorta "butthurt".

I was, simply, laughing at you putting FSU ahead of a blue blood program based on some of your 'criteria' & what's been mentioned throughout the thread. I'll still just sit back & guffaw … not butthurt at all. It's your list, funny as it is.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My commentary was more on his ability to innovate and run an elite offense which is Georgia’s obvious weakness. With the recruits and athletes Georgia has at their disposal, fielding a quality defense will be damn near automatic and that’s what Riley has been missing.

What you're doing is the equivalence of putting Mark Helfrich in the company of Swinney and Meyer for going (11-2) and (13-2) after taking over from Chip Kelly.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is a fail for having FSU ahead of Notre Dame as a destination job, and having Lincoln Riley in the same discussion with Swinney/Meyer and completely ignoring Saban.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you're doing is the equivalence of putting Mark Helfrich in the company of Swinney and Meyer for going (11-2) and (13-2) after taking over from Chip Kelly.

Nope. Thanks for playing.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to, nearly always, take my legit disagreements with you as some sorta "butthurt".

I was, simply, laughing at you putting FSU ahead of a blue blood program based on some of your 'criteria' & what's been mentioned throughout the thread. I'll still just sit back & guffaw … not butthurt at all. It's your list, funny as it is.

You are literally the ONLY person that is whining that HIS team didn't get put a bit higher... And you "laugh" at it while totally NOT acknowledging the fact that in my initial post I say that that is the area of my rankings that I was very unsure and flexible on... ie... I acknowledged that you had a legit reason to disagree, but have proceeded to give you my reasons why I put them the was I did.

Wasn't good enough for you though.

Yeah, I call that "butt hurt".

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are literally the ONLY person that is whining that HIS team didn't get put a bit higher... And you "laugh" at it while totally NOT acknowledging the fact that in my initial post I say that that is the area of my rankings that I was very unsure and flexible on... ie... I acknowledged that you had a legit reason to disagree, but have proceeded to give you my reasons why I put them the was I did.

Wasn't good enough for you though.

Yeah, I call that "butt hurt".

When Urban Meyer comes out of retirement to coach FSU, the rest of us will STFU.

He would come out of retirement to coach Notre Dame without thought.

Therein lies your thread fail.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Urban Meyer comes out of retirement to coach FSU, the rest of us will STFU.

After seeing the shit show from the media and boosters in Tallahassee the last few weeks I’m not sure anyone of quality would want to go there.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is a fail for having FSU ahead of Notre Dame as a destination job, and having Lincoln Riley in the same discussion with Swinney/Meyer and completely ignoring Saban.

Have addressed FSU ahead of Notre Dame ad nauseum...

And I am not comparing current coaches, but the programs. Not even sure what point you are making here honestly... Alabama is 1st, but I'm "Ignoring Saban"? Oklahoma isn't where they are because of Lincoln Riley... Swinney certainly is the reason Clemson is so high, but I also believe that it is a job that a new coach can maintain a high level of success...

Meyer? Not quite sure what he has to do with anything, other than one who had success at two of my top 10 programs...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't read.

THAT is where YOU fail...

There is a SHIT ton of baggage with Urban Meyer and plenty of reasons why FSU and he are a poor match for starters on that.

I am not sure how many different ways I can say that I can certainly make a case for Notre Dame over FSU... But my thread/rankings "Fail" because you're pissed off over me having my #12 and #13 flip-flopped? I'd say I did pretty fuckin' good in that case!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing the shit show from the media and boosters in Tallahassee the last few weeks I’m not sure anyone of quality would want to go there.

It has not been handled well for sure. UF had a 10 year or so hiatus from the college football elite (and I'd submit they aren't all the way back yet), but no one argues that they belong where they are. USC is an administrative trainwreck as well at the moment, but no arguments... etc...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for your best OldTimer impersonation.

OldTimer would be agreeing with you.

You're fucking delusional if you think barely getting through this gauntlet (11-1) puts Lincoln Riley in the same breath as Swinney, Meyer, and completely eliminating Saban. LOL

big 12.PNG

Don't forget to add in G5 Houston (4-8), FCS South Dakota, and UCLA (4-8).

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an open question (As long as there are only 19 in my top 20)... Where are you all on Miami? They still pull top 10-15 recruiting classes, but it just feels to me that their era is done and they aren't coming back... I feel I can make a better case for an Okie State than Miami...

Thoughts?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OldTimer would be agreeing with you.

You're fucking delusional if you think barely getting through this gauntlet (11-1) puts Lincoln Riley in the same breath as Swinney, Meyer, and completely eliminating Saban. LOL

View attachment 224743

Don't forget to add in G5 Houston (4-8), FCS South Dakota, and UCLA (4-8).

Again, genius. I was talking about Riley’s ability to recruit and develop and implement an elite offense. Georgia’s offense is what’s been keeping that program from going on a run like Bama or Clemson. I was not putting Riley in the tier of head coaches that include Saban, Dabo, or Urban as a head coach. Reading comprehension matters.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia is too low, and it's not really a homer statement. We're the 4th best state for football recruiting, first if you go by per capita, and unlike Florida, Texas and California, our only major program competition in state is a nerd school that ran the triple option for the last decade.

Didn't mean to not address this, but yeah, I can see Georgia being as high as 5 ...