• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paxton Lynch

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"STRENGTHS: Scouts are most impressed with his development above the neck, showing above average awareness as a passer, recognizing things quickly and working through his progressions to easily load and fire.

Displays an ability to use his eyes and hold defenders and has a quick memory to move on from mistakes and not let the negative plays linger. Overall, he has a much more natural feel in the passing game than in 2013 and appears in complete control of that offense.
When he does step into his throws, Prescott can deliver strikes. He's a very dangerous runner, combining aggression, agility and the power to break arm tackles.
WEAKNESSES: Work in progress as a passer but has a live arm and good field vision. His footwork is inconsistent and he loses accuracy when his feet are not set.
Tends to predetermine some throws and relies on a lot of back shoulder patterns, something that got him in trouble against Auburn and Alabama. Has not shown the consistency to lead his team through the air in tough road environments when the ground game is shut down."

Those are not Tim Tebow attributes.

Also, if you read that last Article, that GM said it was what was DIFFERENT from Tebow that intrigued him about Prescott. (Mainly better accuracy)

He was in a Dan Mullen offense that is make first read and if it isn't open then run. I would know. I'm a Gators fan. Ive seen Dak play numerous times. He has gotten somewhat better at his reads but he is not even close. You can believe what you want but when you see another Tebow or Vince Young I won't be shocked. Tell me again how great Montee Ball is going to be.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IN OUR VIEW: Evaluators knew he was a bruising runner, using his size, quickness and toughness to run over defenders, but Prescott has shown a much improved feel in the passing game, displaying anticipation, decisiveness and above average awareness to recognize things quickly and react accordingly. He deserves credit for the positive steps he has taken, but a lot of evaluators aren't sold quite yet as Prescott tends to predetermine his throws and has the bad habit of locking onto his targets, missing open reads downfield.
You realize what I highlighted came from the same source. Basically you're helping to prove my point.

This is how he is DIFFERENT from Tebow. Thanks for helping to prove my point.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was in a Dan Mullen offense that is make first read and if it isn't open then run. I would know. I'm a Gators fan. Ive seen Dak play numerous times. He has gotten somewhat better at his reads but he is not even close. You can believe what you want but when you see another Tebow or Vince Young I won't be shocked. Tell me again how great Montee Ball is going to be.
Why the hell do you keep bringing Montee Ball into this? He's irrelevant to this particular discussion.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize what I highlighted came from the same source. Basically you're helping to prove my point.

This is how he is DIFFERENT from Tebow. Thanks for helping to prove my point.
Obviously you didn't read the part where many scouts aren't sold on him and compare him to Tebow. You are proving my point with predetermined throws.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predetermine throws is Tim Tebow.

Look, I already admitted there were SOME similarities. But even the material you're citing shows the same KEY DIFFERENCES I am citing.

Whatever. I'm done with this particular discussion.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would it take to get the #1 pick in the draft ? an Yes I am not joking .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would it take to get the #1 pick in the draft ? an Yes I am not joking .

Probably our next 4 1st round picks or trading Von Miller plus our 1st and 2nd round.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway was not that high ? Seems a bit steep in a year with the LT being projected to be the #1 pick ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did the Redskins give up to move ?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cd you sound about right lol ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I love CarsonWentz Problem is I don't see how you get him

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave up 3 1st round picks to move up what 5 spots?

Elway would not ... I am glad he would not also ..

But IMO we are now in no were land ..

Turds are Turds land .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway would not ... I am glad he would not also ..

But IMO we are now in no were land ..

Turds are Turds land .

I don't think we are in turd land at all. We have 9 of the 11 players from our dominant defense returning. The entire secondary that was the best in the league will now be in the 2nd year in this system and with many of the players entering their prime. We still have the great pass rush from last year that made our defense so dominant.

Throw in this is now the 2nd year for many of our OL guys in Kubiak's system. Go listen to Mark Schlereth talk about a Kubiak ran system and he will tell you it takes 2-3 seasons to really get the ZBS down. We should have players a little more suited for what he wants to do. That is why our first signing was a guy like Stephenson who is highly athletic.

We also still have 2 Pro Bowl players at the WR position and my guess is DT now with a full training camp should rebound a bit. So really at this point it comes down to what do we do at the QB position? In my opinion we are not needing a guy to come in and dominate to win games. We are really needing a guy that can manage the game and not turn it over. Even a mediocre QB would be an upgrade over what we had last year. Osweiler/Manning combo graded out as 2nd worst in the entire league. So my question to you is why can't we upgrade the position?

So then you look at the options...

Kaepernick--While having a couple of down seasons was also in one of the worst situations in the league with coaching change, FO unrest, players leaving left and right, OL falling apart. Even with a lot of that he still managed to throw 21 touchdowns to only 10 interceptions. While not spectacular that would do well in a Kubiak system and with this defense. Throw in his running ability added and that backside DE actually having to respect our QB rolling out on those zone stretch plays should open things up in the running game.

RGIII--I'll just go ahead and point to many of the same things for Kaepernick just bigger injury history and a bit more unrest about his personality.

Fitzpatrick--to me he is day 1 an upgrade over anything we put on the field at the QB position last year. going to be expensive though and is a stop gap choice. Still an upgrade at the most important position.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I'll mention I acted immature earlier in this thread. So my bad. As for Dak. I just see way to many things that remind me of Tim Tebow. Not a fan of any QB that comes from Dan Mullen's system or Urban Meyer's who he got from Mullen at Utah. The only QB that has had a good career in the NFL under Mullen has been Alex Smith who I still see watching him has a hard time reading defenses. Drops the ball off to his RB's way to many times and early when there are wr's wide open. I guess Cam Newton at Auburn came from a spread offense of that type and has turned out to be a MVP caliber football player but under Kubiak's system in which he would not be in the shotgun as much and no designed runs I think Cam would struggle. Let's face it Cam won MVP due to his running abilities and play making abilities. He still has games where he throws around 50% completion percentage. I wouldn't call him a pocket passer and yet he still struggles reading defenses and makes to quick of decisions and forces the ball. He works for the system Carolina runs. For Dak I just don't know if he can handle taking the ball under center with play action passing and bootlegs that are the stable of a true Gary Kubiak offense and yet read a defense. It is very tough to teach a QB to read a defense and that's what makes Aaron Rodgers a HOF QB and Alex Smith not who was under a Dan Mullen offense in his college career. Kaepernick ran a spread offense as well at Nevada but under Jim Harbaugh I saw some improvement on reading defense and that's what I think he COULD be a good fit for Kubiak's offense. I know there aren't many pro style offenses in college football anymore but I'd rather see Denver draft someone that has taken numerous snaps from under center and doesn't just make one read and if it's not there then run. Yes Dak would be drafted later and wouldn't be as bad as the Tim Tebow pick but I'll stick to what I believe. Don't draft Badger RB's and stay away from drafting QB's under Dan Mullen or Urban Meyer. Ive watched so many Badger games and Dak and Tebow games and nothing has made me change my mind. All of you have valid points and I do respect them. Peace.