• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul George And Who Next Year?

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmmm???

Just think about it... Bird is going to want everyone gone, even If they're signed through next year, and beyond.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about his twin...

George Paul.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already alluded to not wanting Stephenson back. George blew it, he could have had Grainger but George is a selfish player. Selfish players are the man because they want to take all the credit, they are never really the man on a championship team.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep everyone except the Coach and Hill. With the new coach this team should play better, the team checked out with Vogul this year so even though he was a decent coach, he is now ineffective. Hill has always been an overrated player, I don't know why Popovich put him in such high regards.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep everyone except the Coach and Hill. With the new coach this team should play better, the team checked out with Vogul this year so even though he was a decent coach, he is now ineffective. Hill has always been an overrated player, I don't know why Popovich put him in such high regards.

George Hill is a fine player, but he is not a point guard. He is an excellent 6th man who can provide instant offense. He is not a playmaker, but he can score well enough to anchor a second unit. His skills just do not fit the Pacers starting 5.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Tlance is right. I will take George Hill on my team anyday of the week as the 6th or 7th man but he's a good basketball player but he's just not a starting PG in this league.

They need to improve their bench though. They don't have much scoring from their bench as Evan Turner is a bust. Basically all they had was Scola and on some days CJ Watson

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Wow. Turner was so bad I actually forgot he was on their team!:laugh3:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think they need a major rebuild, frankly it would be really hard. Their contracts do not allow for a ton of value to other teams.

Not sure anybody takes Hibbert for $30m over 2 years (assuming he picks up his option).

West @$12m for 1 year is doable but he will be 34 for next season and 35 for his player option.

Hill @$8m for 3 years looks about twice what he is worth.

Paul George is movable but I think he would be the guy you try to build with, you can't build around him, he isn't consistent enough on O but he would make an amazing D and 3 guy.

Scola is movable, but why would you move your best priced commodity and what piece could you get for him that sends IND over the top?

In the end I think their best bet is lots of off season maturation therapy and team building exercises, hope Lance comes back for a discount for a year, and pray that MIA can't find enough pieces in the off season to be as good as they have been the last 2 years.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called the Pacers to win the championship early in the season. Then they made the stupid trade of Granger. That trade was so bad, it should never have been made. Bird showed his ineptitude when he made it and completely disrespected a player that helped the pacers get where they are today. They did this for what? Lavoy Allen and Evan Turner? I officially called off my pacers championship prediction right then, but it thought they still had a chance. Then they struggled through two terrible playoff teams and floundered against the heat. The Pacers are a bunch of losers that wouldn't even get out the first round in the west. I'd blow that team up unless they can get a real point guard.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Hill is a fine player, but he is not a point guard. He is an excellent 6th man who can provide instant offense. He is not a playmaker, but he can score well enough to anchor a second unit. His skills just do not fit the Pacers starting 5.

Hill is an okay player, average at best, imo. Even as a bench player, he is just average. If he doesn't play point then I see he being even worse as a SG. The guy is designed to be a deep bench player.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called the Pacers to win the championship early in the season. Then they made the stupid trade of Granger. That trade was so bad, it should never have been made. Bird showed his ineptitude when he made it and completely disrespected a player that helped the pacers get where they are today. They did this for what? Lavoy Allen and Evan Turner? I officially called off my pacers championship prediction right then, but it thought they still had a chance. Then they struggled through two terrible playoff teams and floundered against the heat. The Pacers are a bunch of losers that wouldn't even get out the first round in the west. I'd blow that team up unless they can get a real point guard.

I agree with your take on Granger but he also would have likely taken the blame if the Pacers didn't get passed the Heat. At least with Granger gone, we know who the right people are to blame. Of course, if Granger stayed and the Pacers beat the Heat then it's a moot point. Either way, it was a strange move by Bird since this team has trouble scoring and Granger is a very good scorer. Plus, you could have tried the combo of George, Stephenson, and Granger on the court as SF, PG, and SG, respectively.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Hill is a good player.
He was an excellent Spur. He is totally fine as a point guard.
I would take him over Mario Chalmers or Norris Cole honestly.

That is the least of Indiana's problems.
In fact all their starters are solid and very capable championship players.

The Pacers need DEPTH.
They don't need wholesale changes to their backcourt.

Miami beat them because guys like Birdman, Allen, Cole, and Battier embarrassed Turner, Scola, Watson, and Mahinmi.

They have a solid championship core starting group.
Bird needs to find 1 or 2 veteran role players who can bring offense from the bench.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pacers need DEPTH.

Miami beat them because guys like Birdman, Allen, Cole, and Battier embarrassed Turner, Scola, Watson, and Mahinmi.

Bird needs to find 1 or 2 veteran role players who can bring offense from the bench.

Hill is good. My point is that he is a scorer. I agree that he would be an upgrade for the Heat because the already have two elite playmakers on the wing and they would not need him do do anything but make open shots and play defense.

The only guy the Pacers have who can consistently create shots for others is Stephenson, and he is crazy. The Pacers need a pass first PG and some bench scoring (could be Hill).

Hill is a combo guard and he is very effective when placed in the correct role.

Sportsman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pacers need DEPTH.

If he was an excellent Spurs, then why did they get rid of him?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was an excellent Spurs, then why did they get rid of him?

Because they traded him for Kawhi Leonard who is even better.

You have to give up something to get something.