• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats and Colts make a trade

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacoby was worth something. I assumed hed be cut. Glad they got something

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone's getting a new avatar.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he starts in indy. Lucks arms toast.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacoby was worth something. I assumed hed be cut. Glad they got something
By far the best 3rd stringer in the league.
BB held onto him and got a 1st round player for him in Dorsett. I'm in no way impressed with Dorsett, he's been a bust so far. But could equal a high comp pick in the future?

Another 5-10 WR for NE:doh: not a slot guy. Not a returner, I think he had 2 in his career. He's fast I'll give him that.

right now a B- rating for NE on this deal. Could go either way depending on what he does?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsett: Dorsett ran a 4.28-second 40-yard dash during the predraft process in 2015 with a 6.70-second 3-cone drill, 4.03-second short shuttle, 10-foot, 9-inch broad jump and 38-inch vertical leap.

Now Dorsett gets a new coach and a 2nd chance.

Probably not what he had in Indy which was:
"run that way as fast as you can and Luck will hit you - good luck!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. IMO better move for the Pats than the Colts.

Dorsett isn't amazing but the kid can stretch the field. He did rank very low as a receiver last year but the Colts system is complete ass so whatever. That's like saying Russell Wilson had a down year while his shit OLine gave him all of 0.5 seconds to decide where to throw. No no that's being a bit ridiculous. 0.25 seconds, there we go.

Pats give up a 3rd string QB to a team that will probably not even come close to winning their division anyway (Titans/Texans) so whatever.

A Grade Patriots
B Grade Colts

Colts:
I get Luck is probably out a chunk of the season but whatever. Just chalk it up to a lost season. The Pats have routinely shown to get the most out of their QBs with Brady (6th), Cassel (lol wut?) and even Jimmy Galdkjfprprooll, so whatever. I doubt 'Brisket' is going to do much if anything at Indy and they'll be treated to a 6-10 season but hey, I guess it's a CHANCE and Luck scarily enough (for Colts fans) may not be a long term answer given all his injuries and above average but not elite play even when healthy (too many risks). Dorsett was 3rd on the team with the lowest passer rating when targeted and only had < 60 targets. He was touted as a major burner in college but really hasn't been targeted on deep routes that much. While the trade makes sense, I can't give the Colts a B+ or A- because 1) they are admitting they blew a 1st round pick 2nd season in, 2) an 80 QB rating while targeted by Luck is not TERRIBLE and 3) Brissett is really not that great of a consolation prize considering the team he came from and the fact the Pats actually parted with him. Not a bad grade, but not A worthy.

Pats:
As for the Pats, I'll mark them as the winners of this trade. Dorsett clearly has talent and while I don't think I rated his 1st round selection anywhere near an upper B or A when the Colts took him (think I gave it a C+ grade), he was still clearly talented for a selection in the 2nd frame. Again, Pats over the last 15-20 years always seem to get the most out of QBs so giving up 'Brisket' really isn't going to be a major issue, especially with Jimmy in the #2 slot. Brandin Cooks and a possibly healthy Gronk will be getting all the attention and Brady is a far superior QB to the turnover prone Luck. With Edelman out it makes sense to me as well and they're giving up essentially nothing in terms of depth or a key option in the future.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is both players were on the roster bubble and both teams got something for nothing.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I said, right? That is not meant to come off snippy, just curious if you are posting the link to agree with me or point something else out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I said, right? That is not meant to come off snippy, just curious if you are posting the link to agree with me or point something else out.

Sippy? Me? I generally agree with you but the article from Colts website listed him as the "breakout player of the year" That would be a little different than "rank very low as receiver"

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sippy? Me? I generally agree with you but the article from Colts website listed him as the "breakout player of the year" That would be a little different than "rank very low as receiver"

Phillip Dorsett | Indianapolis Colts LWR | NFL and PFF stats | Pro Football Focus

His completion vs. target % was very low and contributed little as a #3 option. Now as I said I disagree with that a bit since Luck was injured and the Colts' system sucks ass which is why I gave him some high marks on the Pats' acquisition and an A trade grade for the team.

Stating he'll have a breakout year with Tom Brady and the Pats' WR friendly system is perhaps the most least thought provoking article of all time. And the article you linked is from SBNation, not the Colts website so I really have no idea wtf you're talking about?

And a breakout year, great.... If it'll be any team it'll be the Pats - hence the A grade. Fact is until he breaks out, whatever. Little different from your acquisition of Brandin Cooks who has proven it. Regardless, I'm with the Pats on this trade hence my 'ugh' so I have no clue where you're coming from. It's like you Pats fans just lose your shit to ANY non 100% nut hugging comment on this board.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillip Dorsett | Indianapolis Colts LWR | NFL and PFF stats | Pro Football Focus

His completion vs. target % was very low and contributed little as a #3 option. Now as I said I disagree with that a bit since Luck was injured and the Colts' system sucks ass which is why I gave him some high marks on the Pats' acquisition and an A trade grade for the team.

Stating he'll have a breakout year with Tom Brady and the Pats' WR friendly system is perhaps the most least thought provoking article of all time. And the article you linked is from SBNation, not the Colts website so I really have no idea wtf you're talking about?

And a breakout year, great.... If it'll be any team it'll be the Pats - hence the A grade. Fact is until he breaks out, whatever. Little different from your acquisition of Brandin Cooks who has proven it. Regardless, I'm with the Pats on this trade hence my 'ugh' so I have no clue where you're coming from. It's like you Pats fans just lose your shit to ANY non 100% nut hugging comment on this board.

"Lose my shit?" Hardly. There was a glitch in the link. The rating was from the Colts - hardly a good resource.
Not chained to their opinion. Very little disagreement with this. "Lose my shit?" Hardly......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never was impressed by Brissett. Also holy shit the Tolzien plan is so pitiful they're making this trade? These 90 man rosters are apparently awesome with these trades left and right.

I am very impressed with how crazy today has been with all the trades. Moving this to all 37 players being cut at once has been a huge bonus for the NFL. Definitely a lot more to talk about and my guess is tomorrow will be just as crazy as today. Trades and such are nowhere near done.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very impressed with how crazy today has been with all the trades. Moving this to all 37 players being cut at once has been a huge bonus for the NFL. Definitely a lot more to talk about and my guess is tomorrow will be just as crazy as today. Trades and such are nowhere near done.

It's early but quiet on the trade front. I suspect everybody is looking at the waiver wire as we speak......

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is both players were on the roster bubble and both teams got something for nothing.
yep just like the other trade they made . when they say that luck shoulder is better than anytime in 16 tells me he is ok and the colts didn't want to rush him out vs the rams front 7 . morris is better but than T our dumdass coach has his head up his ass again . hard for me to think we will carry 4 qb