• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing about the Broncos. The OT play was almost all Thomas who made the catch, broke a tackle, outran two defenders, then stiff armed his way into the end zone. So naturally, Tebow gets all the credit.

Thomas has now become one of my favorite receivers.....he absolutely used Ike Taylor all day.........

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing about the Broncos. The OT play was almost all Thomas who made the catch, broke a tackle, outran two defenders, then stiff armed his way into the end zone. So naturally, Tebow gets all the credit.

He's Cinderella, DT (and the rest of the broncos) are the prince. Most sane people recognize that was a heck of a play, and a good call by the OC. Cinderella sure as heck can't marry herself, and she's put down by the evil step sisters (nay sayers) all the time, so people want to see her live happily ever after. It's gonna be a made for t.v. special before next season even starts. If they can do a movie about Oher, they'll do one about Tebow, and it will make millions.

Anyway,

Denver vs N.E. doesn't have the whole good versus evil feel to it. of course Bellicheck has horns, but Brady seems to be a rational human being. None of the Patriots are coming out talking smack like the players from Pit, Bal, Chi, Det

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kills people on this board to give Tebow any credit for a really good game.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He had a decent game, and hit on some deep passes that Pittsburgh gave him, but let's not get out of hand just because it's Tebow. If Tom Brady completed 45% of his passes, we wouldn't be talking about how great he played. We'd say he got lucky and got some deep TDs and that the Steelers gave it away. It was a good game by Tebow's standards, but it was an average game.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a decent game, and hit on some deep passes that Pittsburgh gave him, but let's not get out of hand just because it's Tebow. If Tom Brady completed 45% of his passes, we wouldn't be talking about how great he played. We'd say he got lucky and got some deep TDs and that the Steelers gave it away. It was a good game by Tebow's standards, but it was an average game.

Can't agree with that Vance: there's nothing average about 31.6 yards per completion.....he made huge throws with the game on the line.....under those circumstances 45% looks outstanding......

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't agree with that Vance: there's nothing average about 31.6 yards per completion.....he made huge throws with the game on the line.....under those circumstances 45% looks outstanding......

Against the leagues number 1 pass defense (by yardage anyway)...... I give him credit - He did what the Steelers assumed he couldn't. We can argue all day long that the Steelers played the wrong D, but they knew what they were doing. They simply felt he was not capable of beating them with his arm.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Except for a few passes, I thought Tebow played great. Easily his best game all season. The long ball, while given to him, was accurate all game. He completed a couple lasers and a back shoulder pass, things that he's struggled with this season. He missed on that long 3rd down pass down the middle on their last possession in regulation that most normal QB's would complete all day, but for the most part he was solid in the passing game.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow played great. Made big throws all game and made the big plays when he needed to. To say he didn't have a great game is hateration.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh, he played average. If you only complete 10 passes out of more than 20 attempts, you're still inaccurate. He had some nice deep throws and avoided the turnover, but again, if a better QB had that game, nobody would acknowledge it as "great".

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I threw 20 deep balls and completed just 6 or 7 of them, my ypa would be ridiculous too, but it doesn't mean I had a great game. Also, the game winner was all Thomas. Tebow threw it about 20 yards, Thomas stiff-armed Taylor, then outran everybody else. That significantly upped that ypa.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Meh, he played average. If you only complete 10 passes out of more than 20 attempts, you're still inaccurate. He had some nice deep throws and avoided the turnover, but again, if a better QB had that game, nobody would acknowledge it as "great".

Whether he completed 5, 10, or 15 of those 21 attempts, they still netted 300+ yards. 15 ypa is a great outing. Then add in 2 TD and 0 Int and at the very least it's a very good passing game.

Additionally, you have to give a lot of credit to Tebow for their dynamic running game. The Steelers gave up pretty much exactly what they have all season at 3.9 ypa, but the Broncos also rushed for 30 more yards than the Steelers give up on average, and that's despite consistently going against a box stacked 8-9 deep. That's unbelievable. Tebow also added in a rushing TD.

It all adds up to a great game.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't say he wasn't effective at all. I said he was average throwing the ball, still inaccurate, and only completed 10 passes. His ypa is misleading because Thomas gave him 80 on one play, and several others were deep throws where Pittsburgh just left Ike Taylor on an island and he got burned, not because Tebow was magnificent.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you want to qualify it with "great by Tebow's standards" then I'll give you that. Drew Brees against Detroit was a "great" game for a QB.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If I threw 20 deep balls and completed just 6 or 7 of them, my ypa would be ridiculous too, but it doesn't mean I had a great game. Also, the game winner was all Thomas. Tebow threw it about 20 yards, Thomas stiff-armed Taylor, then outran everybody else. That significantly upped that ypa.

It was given to Tebow and he took advantage. You can't take it away from him. It also won them the game. That stiff arm was one for the ages, but no matter who the receiver, a completion there would have gone for a lot of yards.

If you throw 20 deep balls and complete 6 or 7, you're going to put up a lot of points, open up your run game, and probably win the game. Not sure why this is a bad thing.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here are some more stats:

-In the previous 12 games, the Steelers only gave up one QB Rating higher than 87, and that was to Brady. Tebow put up a 125.6.

-All season the Steelers gave up 2 40+ yard receptions. Tebow completed 4.

So to say "by Tebow's standards" isn't fair. He played a hell of a game to put up those numbers against the Steelers.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didn't say it was a bad thing at all. I'm saying Tebow didn't have some great game. He had a couple of really good throws and didn't make any big mistakes.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was aided by the Steelers defense playing like shit and a terrible game plan.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he's a great NFL story.......3rd most jerseys sold.......the NFL needs a good scandel or story.....always hated Denver since the cut-block days.....I like Tebow though

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just can't give Tebow any love. Tebow had a great game, whether you take your hater glasses off and admit it doesn't matter. Everyone else knows it. We all know you dislike Tebow, but to say he didn't have a great game is just insane. You keep saying people always have excuses for Tebow when he does bad. Well you always have an excuse as to why Tebow isn't a good QB even when he does great.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on Vance, tebow bear just wants to hug you man!!!

I guess if just one more of the refs "borderline" calls went to Pittsburgh the Tebow-hating train would be rampant, no matter what his stats were.