• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots Sign Martellus Bennett

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to see how bad this reported rotator cuff injury is?

I mentioned earlier even if he catches one TD as long as he can block he's worth the $700k. Brady's been running for his life. Hasn't had time to find his weapons. MB can help with all that assuming he can get on the field?

Teams will still need to account for him. NE runs the two TE set better than anyone.
I wonder if he can/will pass a physical if he has a torn rotator cuff. It can't be easy to block with a shoulder tear.

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he can/will pass a physical if he has a torn rotator cuff. It can't be easy to block with a shoulder tear.

He was on the practice field today, so he passed the physical.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I tore mine it didn't hurt unless I tried to raise my elbow higher than my shoulder.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This definitely will be interesting. Big Ken on the NE board said Bennett will be suited up? That was early this morning EST. So things could've changed.

If they were to use him just as a blocker some players have worn a device that doesn't allow the arm to be lifted past a certain level. But that would be a waste. He's only helpful if he's that dual threat of blocker and receiver IMO.

We can only hope for the best. Way too many injuries across the NFL to key players this year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This definitely will be interesting. Big Ken on the NE board said Bennett will be suited up? That was early this morning EST. So things could've changed.

If they were to use him just as a blocker some players have worn a device that doesn't allow the arm to be lifted past a certain level. But that would be a waste. He's only helpful if he's that dual threat of blocker and receiver IMO.

We can only hope for the best. Way too many injuries across the NFL to key players this year.

He could still catch a little flair to the flat as long as Tom aims for his hip. Would it really surprise anyone to see MartyB suit up and block, with a single throw away down early in the game where Marty is targeted out in the flat? Even if it is just his direction and bounces at his feet so he doesn't need to try to catch it still sets the defenses mind that they have to cover him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could still catch a little flair to the flat as long as Tom aims for his hip. Would it really surprise anyone to see MartyB suit up and block, with a single throw away down early in the game where Marty is targeted out in the flat? Even if it is just his direction and bounces at his feet so he doesn't need to try to catch it still sets the defenses mind that they have to cover him.
Could happen. If he can block he helps the team. That or TB needs to put one right on his numbers so he does need to lift that arm. Then again I think Packer fans would agree? MB dropped a few right in the numbers this season.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I tore mine it didn't hurt unless I tried to raise my elbow higher than my shoulder.

I tore mine swimming laps. I was into my 4th kilometer and it just popped. Hurt like hell.

But yes, as long as I didn't do freestyle or backstroke and just stuck to breaststroke I could still swim.

Took a long time to heal though.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome. I'm just happy they didn't have to pay a team to take him from us. Big old slow injury prone with hands of stone.

How do you feel about Green Pay giving him $5 million this year to catch passes in the Superbowl for New England?????

I bet that ol' "hands of stone" are good enough to pull a shitwad of cash out of your pockets?????