• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots' Julian Edelman Stopped a School Shooting

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people are fucking pussies

We had bomb threats all the fucking time in college

Nobody cried, complained or asked the President to take away our bombs

We celebrated having no classes and got drunk
Lmao

We all left as soon as it was confirmed the class was cancelled. Froze our ass off for about half an hour though in an awkward in between, however.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if you're lucky you can swing that at the perp who breaks in. Might slow him down enough to save the TV.

I don't really feel like I'd have to even do that at any time.

But you sound like a puny critter who might need a bug gun...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao

We all left as soon as it was confirmed the class was cancelled. Froze our ass off for about half an hour though in an awkward in between, however.

I had a guy build one in Grade 12 English for his speech...

It wasn't very funny when we found out it was real. Real dynamite, real blasting caps, real every fucking thing.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a guy build one in Grade 12 English for his speech...

It wasn't very funny when we found out it was real. Real dynamite, real blasting caps, real every fucking thing.
Good way to get expelled these days if he wasn't then. Guy got in serious trouble for bringing a hunting rifle and leaving it in his car back when I was in HS. Was an honest mistake but it's a big no-no these days.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
36 arrests in one month in my county for school shooting threats. One day they shut down the whole district.

I'm ready to start selling weed so I can send my kids to private school lol. I would beat a parent's ass if their kid ever threatened to shoot up a school my kids were at. I'd lose it.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
36 arrests in one month in my county for school shooting threats. One day they shut down the whole district.

I'm ready to start selling weed so I can send my kids to private school lol. I would beat a parent's ass if their kid ever threatened to shoot up a school my kids were at. I'd lose it.
Yeah, it's weird, there's been some arrests around here, too. Definitely err on the side of caution and arrest the kids.

But ya wonder what it's all rooted in. I'm guessing some are alienated and/or bullied, some are just attention-whores, all have psychological problems. It's a strange phenomenon, imo, but you have to let 'em know that shit will be taken seriously.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good way to get expelled these days if he wasn't then. Guy got in serious trouble for bringing a hunting rifle and leaving it in his car back when I was in HS. Was an honest mistake but it's a big no-no these days.

Smallllllll town.

The bomb "squad" did come though.

They actually blew it up in a field.

It was a topic of conversation on our grad night.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's weird, there's been some arrests around here, too. Definitely err on the side of caution and arrest the kids.

But ya wonder what it's all rooted in. I'm guessing some are alienated and/or bullied, some are just attention-whores, all have psychological problems. It's a strange phenomenon, imo, but you have to let 'em know that shit will be taken seriously.

It's all of the above. Kids that age are also very impressionable. Especially if they don't have feel like they have an "identity".

They feel hopeless and without a future. They're filled with resentment. The majority of their interaction with the world has been negative. Therefore - they feel like it's not worth living in. Like it's a malevolent and cruel place. They'd rather flip the "board game" over so nobody else can play. As opposed to figuring out how to play it themselves. They've gathered that it's not a game worth playing.

Unfortunately, social media and the internet has allowed some of these like-minded people to facilitate and influence each other. Mostly on an indirect basis. However, somewhat directly as well.

People love to put easy labels on problems like this. In reality - they're terribly complex issues.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're alienated and usually male as the most aggressive in the population are... usually male. There's your pair right there. Also this has been on the news any time it's successful since Columbine so pretty much every wannabe shooter has their personal bible of how to pull this garbage off.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this has been on the news any time it's successful since Columbine so pretty much every wannabe shooter has their personal bible of how to pull this garbage off.

Yeah, but it's a bit more difficult than simply not covering it. Isn't it?

While I certainly understand the sentiment that the media gives the shooters too much attention and agree that they have gone way overboard in the past. (Notably - the Columbine shooters making the cover of Time)

They are also obligated to cover these stories. People would be just as outraged if the media barely covered the incidents - or covered them in a nonchalant/vague manner.

I don't know... I think the media could scale down the profile that they give these killers. However, I certainly don't think they shoulder a large portion of the blame either. They have to cover the shootings. It's a double-edged sword for them.

I don't even know if anyone or anything is to "blame" either. I think it's something that has sprung up in our society over the past few decades that we just never could have been very prepared for. We certainly need to focus on eradicating the issue. However, I don't know how much the "blame game" will help. We all need to be better.