• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots bring in first CB since Revis left...and it's....

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that statistically they were still a mediocre defense and not really a shut down unit. You can bet that BB and his staff poured over the tapes and other metrics and felt that Revis and Browner cost too much for what they brought to the table.

Flacco carved them up, Joe fukin Flacco?

Rusty Wilson hit them for a bunch of long plays???? really??????

:pound:Yes Joe fucking Flacco. How many times has Flacco carved up that defense over the years in the playoffs? How many top 10 defenses? Either defenses forgot how to play football in the playoffs or Flacco isn't some bum that won a Super Bowl MVP not too long ago.

Thanks for the laugh.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:Yes Joe fucking Flacco. How many times has Flacco carved up that defense over the years in the playoffs? How many top 10 defenses? Either defenses forgot how to play football in the playoffs or Flacco isn't some bum that won a Super Bowl MVP not too long ago.

Thanks for the laugh.
flaccos terrible.

you're welcome.

someday, he will pass that elusive 4,000 yard mark that every QB struggles to achieve...

twice over a 90 rating

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flaccos terrible.

you're welcome.

someday, he will pass that elusive 4,000 yard mark that every QB struggles to achieve...

twice over a 90 rating

Flacco's terrible? You might wanna tell him that since all he does is win and play his butt off in January.

But you're right. He should worry more about stats and get one-and-done in the playoffs every year like Manning does since that's what every QB should aspire to :rolleyes2:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco's terrible? You might wanna tell him that since all he does is win and play his butt off in January.

But you're right. He should worry more about stats and get one-and-done in the playoffs every year like Manning does since that's what every QB should aspire to :rolleyes2:

88.6 post season rating

completed 60% plus twice (in a playoff run)...56.6 career

granted, he kind of turns it up in the playoffs, which baffles me...because if he played like he does in the postseason (lately) he gets a better seed and probably gets a better shot every year.

granted, bradys at at even 89 for a postseason rating....but 5 times 60% or more (in a postseason run) and is 62.9 career.

not to mention those 4 shiny heavy things on his hand.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that statistically they were still a mediocre defense and not really a shut down unit. You can bet that BB and his staff poured over the tapes and other metrics and felt that Revis and Browner cost too much for what they brought to the table.

Flacco carved them up, Joe fukin Flacco?

Rusty Wilson hit them for a bunch of long plays???? really??????
Somebody had to say this!
Revis was good but not what he used to bring in "revis island" days.
We will be able to put quick receivers in his Zone and we will beat him!!!!!
Love the Player - hate the money.....

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's way too old, but we don't have a lot of options at this point. The defense is gonna go back to the Cover 2, bend don't break, soft ass zone defense. We wont have the CB's on the outside to play man, so it really doesn't matter at this point. We can still win playing this type of defense, but clearly last years defense is the #1 option. I just don't see us having the CB's to play much man next season.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody had to say this!
Revis was good but not what he used to bring in "revis island" days.
We will be able to put quick receivers in his Zone and we will beat him!!!!!
Love the Player - hate the money.....

I think people are looking at the wrong stats. This was one of the better D's in recent Patriots history. Period.

Revis made it much easier for the rest of the team to play very well. The last time we had a secondary this good was when Rodney Harrison was roaming the secondary in his prime.

In second half, Patriots defense just doesnt allow touchdowns - Sports - The Boston Globe

Look at the points allow in the 2nd half.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are looking at the wrong stats. This was one of the better D's in recent Patriots history. Period.

Revis made it much easier for the rest of the team to play very well. The last time we had a secondary this good was when Rodney Harrison was roaming the secondary in his prime.

In second half, Patriots defense just doesnt allow touchdowns - Sports - The Boston Globe

Look at the points allow in the 2nd half.
IT wasn't all Revis!!!!!
Our secondary has grown up.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of in the middle on this one.
Revis had a good year but not a $25 million year. We will be fine without him.
I can't wait to see Edelman running circles around him.....