• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots acquire Martellus Bennett

PatsRule12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are trading TE Martellus Bennett to the Patriots for draft pick compensation, league sources tell ESPN. This will give Patriots the double TE threat they have lacked.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett and a 6 for a 4 from the Patriots

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett is a very good TE, his problem in Dallas was he sulked like a 2 year old because he couldn't take snaps away from Witten. Chances are he'll be crying again when Gronk doesn't let nhim get any soft balls.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett is a very good TE, his problem in Dallas was he sulked like a 2 year old because he couldn't take snaps away from Witten. Chances are he'll be crying again when Gronk doesn't let nhim get any soft balls.
I agree... He boycotted one game last season when he didn't like the game plan.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Brady gets confidence in him then Gronk will be getting less passes to and this won't be a problem

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are trading TE Martellus Bennett to the Patriots for draft pick compensation, league sources tell ESPN. This will give Patriots the double TE threat they have lacked.

Chandler was supposed to do similar last year and I had high hopes he would.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I don't see how you take passes from Gronk

you never know but you are probably correct, any other player besides Gronk then maybe he would get more passes.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I don't see how you take passes from Gronk
It could mean more catches for Gronk? Bennett is a better blocker than Chandler for starters. This combo will be a huge matchup problem for teams so Gronk may be open more. If Bennett can play anywhere between his level of play in 13/14 and his down year of 15 Pats could be very scary.
I wonder what this means for Amendola? 1. Will he take a cut in pay like rumored? 2. Is he trade bait now? 3. Is BB done in this FA period?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could mean more catches for Gronk? Bennett is a better blocker than Chandler for starters. This combo will be a huge matchup problem for teams so Gronk may be open more. If Bennett can play anywhere between his level of play in 13/14 and his down year of 15 Pats could be very scary.
I wonder what this means for Amendola? 1. Will he take a cut in pay like rumored? 2. Is he trade bait now? 3. Is BB done in this FA period?
I thought about that too, but if that's the case Bennett will be a locker room issue.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about that too, but if that's the case Bennett will be a locker room issue.
There certainley is that possibility? I hope BB and company can keep him in check?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There certainley is that possibility? I hope BB and company can keep him in check?
Good luck, I don't think Bennett can keep Bennett on check. The way it may work is Brady like throwing to the TE anyway, so maybe the WR's lose touches, or the running backs are just used for blocking.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck, I don't think Bennett can keep Bennett on check. The way it may work is Brady like throwing to the TE anyway, so maybe the WR's lose touches, or the running backs are just used for blocking.
Let's keep this positive, lol.
First winning makes getting less catches more tolerable. That may help:noidea:
I'm interested to see what the actual deal is? Like any $ changing hands? Otherwise on the surface this looks like a steal for the Pats, Bennet and a 6th for a 4th. He was sceduled to make 5 million in 16. Then he's an UFA next year. So the Pats will defintely leverage that against him. If he shows up, good attitude, does what's asked he'll see the ball enough to put himself in shape for a big pay day. Don't do those things an BB puts you on the bench potentially crushing your earning potential for FY17.
Normally, I don't like the Pats bringing in problems. They have enough issues to deal with. Most problem players seem to do well in NE. Hopefully Bennett doesn't become an issue. I like this deal.
Martellus don't make me come back to the hoop having to eat my words.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's keep this positive, lol.
First winning makes getting less catches more tolerable. That may help:noidea:
I'm interested to see what the actual deal is? Like any $ changing hands? Otherwise on the surface this looks like a steal for the Pats, Bennet and a 6th for a 4th. He was sceduled to make 5 million in 16. Then he's an UFA next year. So the Pats will defintely leverage that against him. If he shows up, good attitude, does what's asked he'll see the ball enough to put himself in shape for a big pay day. Don't do those things an BB puts you on the bench potentially crushing your earning potential for FY17.
Normally, I don't like the Pats bringing in problems. They have enough issues to deal with. Most problem players seem to do well in NE. Hopefully Bennett doesn't become an issue. I like this deal.
Martellus don't make me come back to the hoop having to eat my words.

Winning cures all problems or makes them less visible. The Pats are one of the few teams that keeps most players in check, so I do think Bennett will be an issue. Of course I've also been way of course so time will tell.