• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots’ Robert Kraft asks NFL to reinstate first-round pick stripped in ‘Deflategate’

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots’ Robert Kraft asks NFL to reinstate first-round pick stripped in ‘Deflategate’

BOCA RATON, Fla.—New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft said Monday he wrote to Commissioner Roger Goodell over a month ago asking to have the team’s first-round pick in next month’s NFL draft reinstated.

The NFL stripped the Patriots of their first-round choice as part of the Deflategate penalties imposed on the franchise last year.

Kraft would not comment on what reply, if any, he received from Goodell about his letter.

Kraft suggested that his letter also sought to have the league’s four-game Deflategate suspension of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady rescinded. The NFL has appealed a federal judge’s ruling last year that overturned Brady’s suspension. The league and the NFL Players Association are awaiting a decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit on the NFL’s appeal.

Speaking to reporters during a break at the annual league meeting, Kraft said he believes that Goodell has done “a very good job,” other than Deflategate.

The NFL declined to comment through a spokesman.

“I personally wrote a letter to the commissioner responding to his comment that if any new facts came up, he would take them into consideration,” Kraft said. “And I personally believe that when the league made their decision, they did not factor in the Ideal Gas Law. They admitted that publicly. They’ve had a full year of being able to observe Tom Brady play with all the rules of whatever the NFL was, and make any judgments there. We have laid it out pretty straightforward and now it’s up to them to decide.”

Patriots' Robert Kraft asks NFL to reinstate first-round pick stripped in 'Deflategate' - The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the right thing to do, Roger.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the large font... Copying and pasting while on phone shift doesn't really work out too well...

Is it the right thing to do? Yes... HOWEVER, Kraft and Co agreed to this earlier... At this point tough shiat! Yes I know this PSI thing was complete BS but he agreed to it already!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not gonna happen

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna happen. Bobby went about this the wrong way. He is doing this to just appease the Patriots fans. He made his mind up a long time ago. He asks for them back, and in the next breath pats Roger on the back, then in the next breath says it is behind him...LOL

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna happen. Bobby went about this the wrong way. He is doing this to just appease the Patriots fans. He made his mind up a long time ago. He asks for them back, and in the next breath pats Roger on the back, then in the next breath says it is behind him...LOL

Oh I agree with you. As I said before he should give it up. He agreed to this long ago and now needs to suck it up and face it and take it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have said LAST YEAR, If there is no proof I want my picks back.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Dennis and Callahan with Minnahane on WEEI this morning and some excellent points were being made. First, Kraft asked for the picks to be returned. He also asked that Goodell save face for himself and the league and rescind the four game suspension of Tom Brady. Owners are starting to get a bit nervous with Clement bailing himself out on lying to the 2nd Appeals Court. Kraft basically gave the owners an opportunity to not give back the picks, but drop the case against Brady and make the whole thing just go away as if a settlement has been reached at the Owners Meeting. Kraft is just doing the owners a favor.

Here's where all of the speculation starts ......... The 2nd Appeals Court judges aren't stupid. They now realize that Clement lied to them. They now will spend a couple of months writing a legal decision to uphold Berman's decision. Now comes the half lies, half truths.......Brady's legal team put together a defamation lawsuit last summer and Kraft asked Brady to sit tight and not do anything. As it worked out Kraft was right and waiting only reinforced the Patriots defense. If Brady files the lawsuit, the NFL and each owner will be equally responsible for any award that Brady wins. The rumors have been anywhere from $250B to $1T. If every owner is threatened with a $10B payment, their insurance companies will bail out in a heartbeat and declare no responsibility. I know, I spent 25 years working for them and watched them get out from lawsuit based on one simple principle.........the client had every opportunity to prevent the lawsuit from happening, but did not.

It would be dig into your own pocket guys.......................and just how many of them have a loose $10B hanging around? I can't see Paul Allen even coming close to being a part of that and he's the richest owner ande one of the smartest. I could see him starting to exert some pressure to clean this mess up.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be dig into your own pocket guys.......................QUOTE]

So, Tom Brady would then own the majority of the teams in the NFL, as well as the NFL...Seems about fair

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not until the Chiefs get their picks back for the Maclin tampering

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not until the Chiefs get their picks back for the Maclin tampering

Which isn't happening... Point Taken... Nor do I think the Patriots will "win this one

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the NFL might have had a better case if they measured all the balls for the season and came out with the results.
They only measured "selected games" and are not giving the results.
Things that make you say Hmmmmmm

The Pats are not getting anything back and it was all bull shit right from the get go, show us the results Rodger

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the NFL might have had a better case if they measured all the balls for the season and came out with the results.
They only measured "selected games" and are not giving the results.
Things that make you say Hmmmmmm

The Pats are not getting anything back and it was all bull shit right from the get go, show us the results Rodger
If those results are detrimental to the NFL case we'll never see them. There will be no leaks. They will have simply vanished. It's all about the integrity of the shield.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the NFL legal team going ahead with the appeal and lying about Brady's statements...

Translation ----> Go pound sand Robert

It's apparent now, Kraft should have fought this instead of caving. Only one choice now: Kraft should, and probably has, started eroding support from his fellow owners for Goodell and his toadies.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the NFL legal team going ahead with the appeal and lying about Brady's statements...

Translation ----> Go pound sand Robert

It's apparent now, Kraft should have fought this instead of caving. Only one choice now: Kraft should, and probably has, started eroding support from his fellow owners for Goodell and his toadies.
After last week I bet Clark Hunt is becoming a little more friendly with Kraft?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last week I bet Clark Hunt is becoming a little more friendly with Kraft?
Kraft will need more but it's a good start yes. Still can't fathom Roger pulling down 40 mil a year

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell's biggest supporters were the Cowboys, Panthers, Jets, Ravens, Colts, Texans and Bengals. They wanted blood. There was enough quiet support from many owners for Goodell to think he could shove this down Kraft and Brady's throats and be the hero. That ship has sailed. If the appeals court upholds Berman's decision, the NFL will have more than egg on its face. They could have a major pain in the ass.

The owners best pray that Brady doesn't have a monster dick. If he does, there'll be 31 guys who won't be able to hold their mud.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell's biggest supporters were the Cowboys, Panthers, Jets, Ravens, Colts, Texans and Bengals. They wanted blood. There was enough quiet support from many owners for Goodell to think he could shove this down Kraft and Brady's throats and be the hero. That ship has sailed. If the appeals court upholds Berman's decision, the NFL will have more than egg on its face. They could have a major pain in the ass.

The owners best pray that Brady doesn't have a monster dick. If he does, there'll be 31 guys who won't be able to hold their mud.
I can understand the others but why the Texans and the Bungles? They have no axe to grind? They just suck.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand the others but why the Texans and the Bungles? They have no axe to grind? They just suck.

Not the teams.....the owners. Texans have been embarrassed by the Pats and Brown is an idiot.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if what Big Ken is saying is true. It sounds like Kraft is trying to prevent the defamation suit vs the NFL by letting the league keep the picks, but drop the appeal vs Brady. I am curious if the rest of the league knows this, or is calling Kraft's hand to see if it's true.

Interesting stuff...However, I still seeing the appeals processes going to the NFL. The judges were paid off IMO. Only way things get done is by a Lawsuit from TB.