• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pat White Opines on Holgerson

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-PAXP-deijE.gif

Pat White Says It's Time to "Pull the Plug"

As the West Virginia football team was run out of Floyd Casey Stadium Saturday night at Baylor, one of the program's best was expressing his dissatisfaction regarding what played out on the field.
Pat White, the quarterback who led WVU to four-straight bowl game victories from 2005 through 2008, took to Twitter to voice his opinion of the head coach as the wheels fell off in a 73-42 loss to the Bears.
"He is not a leader. Players don't believe or trust. #LaneKiffin #PullThePlug"
That was White's first tweet. While it does not reference Holgorsen specifically, it is clearly implied that the target is the head coach. The mention of Lane Kiffin, recently fired by the University of Southern California following the Trojans' 3-2 start to the season, is far from a favorable comparison.
Kiffin lasted just over two seasons with USC and was told his services would no longer be needed when the team flight landed after losing handily to Arizona State. ESPN Radio host Mike Greenberg opined that Kiffin's firing is a cautionary tale of what can happen to a head coach who doesn't have any friends.
White then uses the hash tag "Pull The Plug," which needs no explanation.
His next tweet read:
"9 wins in each season and an Orange Bowl win with his recruits… Don't think we've ever been the most talented, just more pride… #LetsGo"
This second tweet is in reference to White's last collegiate head coach, Bill Stewart, who had nine wins in each of his three seasons as head coach before WVU athletic director Oliver Luck came up with a plan for his replacement during the 2010 season.
Holgorsen took over as head coach after spending the spring as offensive coordinator and ultimately won the Orange Bowl over Clemson with a team full of recruits from Stewart's staff.
A year ago, White tweeted similar sentiments, calling out coaching and the strength program, and he ultimately was invited by Holgorsen to speak with the football team prior to its game against Oklahoma, which it ultimately lost by one point.
Holgorsen wasn't interested or concerned by what a former player had to say about the program, but one as prominent and widely beloved by the fan base as White carries a bit more weight. Granted, plenty of WVU fans tweeted back at White in disagreement or simply asking him to keep his mouth shut, but many more hold him on a pedestal.
A quote he made famous following the final victory of his college career, "Once a Mountaineer, Always a Mountaineer," hangs on the wall just inside WVU's football facilities, attributed to Pat White. His picture is displayed prominently in the team's new weight room completed over the summer.
His dissatisfaction is now public – again – and again you can bet the man at the center of his ire will say it has no impact on him or the program.
It shouldn't. Holgorsen has plenty of other things to worry about as his team sits at 3-3 overall and 1-2 in the Big 12 with a week off before its next game. There are far bigger concerns than what a player more than four years removed from the program has to say about what is going on since he left.

As for my 2 cents worth on this twitter rant: Although, I loved Pat White, as all of us did, now is not the time for outside interference. Just shut up please. Damn, DAD you didn't highjack Pat White's twitter account did ya? Maybe you had up at the huntin camp and brainwashed him.... lol

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat sent a tweet on Monday apologizing to the coaches, team and WVU fans.

He caught grief from some fans. Others were supportive.

The loss was hard to watch. I watched every play... every minute of the game. But, it was not enjoyable for me either. Pat should know better... Tommy Frazier did the same just a few weeks ago... and, look at the fallout he took.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't one WVU fan that enjoyed watching the game against Baylor. It was hard. I don't agree with Pat but he just let lose and I am sure he regrets that he did. BB like you posted in that one post about the noise. A true Fan knows this will turn around again with or without Dana. But you can't jump ship now and not support the WVU Program. That's whats crazy about people like DAD. They speak out their ass and aren't true Fans. A true fan understands there will be ups and downs and we are in a big down this year, but still can pull out a winning season. Next year will be better and the following year we will be back in the top 25

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i was fired up when he sent that out...tweeted "Glad Pat could show up for this Baylor game, to bad he didn't for 13-9"....post like his just tear the team down in the social media with recruits. I have no problem with anyone having their own opinions, but no reason to put it out there where it would only do more bad than good. He might have done more damage wth those words than Dana could ever do on the field.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time anyone listened to Pats advise on getting a new coach we got a special teams lifer that would not have been hired as a HC anywhere else in the country so... Put a sock in it Patrick.