• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Panthers - Falcons

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Is Roddy White playing Sunday?

Heard an interview with Rivera and it sounds like Mr. Johnson is good to go Sunday.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have not released an injury report for this week yet and I have not been able to find anything.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't matter a whole lot but if I'm ATL i'm keeping him out. The season is over for us. Too many injuries and no good signings for the O-line this offseason.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't matter a whole lot but if I'm ATL i'm keeping him out. The season is over for us. Too many injuries and no good signings for the O-line this offseason.

Oh but it does matter. Any given Sunday..........

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Atlanta - White, Snelling, and Nicholas did not practice today. Baker, Umenyiora, Reynolds, Dent, Moore, Jerry and Hawley were limited in practice.

For Carolina - Johnson and D Williams did not practice but it was just as a precaution. Blackburn, D Edwards, and T Davis were limited in practice. J Stewart was in full practice.

Falcons Injury Report Atlanta Falcons | Official Injury Report
Panthers Injury Report http://www.panthers.com/team/injury-report.html

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim, I added some stuff to the thread title, hope you don't mind.

Inside the Panthers

Barring any setbacks, Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart will play Sunday against Atlanta in his first action in nearly a year.

Stewart, who had offseason surgeries on both ankles, practiced in full pads Wednesday for the first time since last November, and afterward pronounced himself good to go.

Asked whether Stewart likely would be activated before the Falcons' game, Panthers coach Ron Rivera said: "Yeah, he looked good."

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's ATL so far:

LOSS AT Falcons 17 Saints 23
WIN Rams 24 Falcons 31
LOSS AT Falcons 23 Dolphins 27
LOSS Patriots 30 Falcons 23
LOSS Jets 30 Falcons 28 6 BYE
WIN Buccaneers 23 Falcons 31
LOSS AT Falcons 13 Cardinals 27

Team Stats:
Passing Offense, 300 ypg/4th
Rushing Offense, 62.4 ypg/dead last at 32
Passing Defense, 249.6 ypg/22nd
Rushing Defense, 113.6 ypg/22nd

Ryan has only been sacked 13 times, which is fifth best (including the bye in the rankings). He threw an incredible 61 times last week, with a bunch of yards but 4 picks. They only ran the ball 14 times for 27 yards. So they can be one-dimensional. Against the Bucs the previous game, 18 carries for 18 yards. Ouch. They only ran 44 plays in that whole game (and still won, lol).

Last week they gave up 200 on the ground (80 on one play, which skewed it a little), and Palmer threw for 172 against them.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate it Spur and Fan
While I feel we should win no problem; I need to see them win a close one or two to have confidence.
If we can win these next two I will be a believer

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the Panthers would blow them out. If there is one team who gives the Panthers problems, at least in the past, it's the Falcons. Carolina is a 7.5 point favorite. But that doesn't mean squat. If the Rams can give Seattle all they want then I expect the Falcons to rise to the occasion against the Panthers. Cam needs another stellar performance.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta,s losses have not been blow outs. Much like the Panthers last year

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwards and Davis were both back at full practice today. Rivera has said Edwards will not start but will be rotated in since he has missed the last 5 games. Williams and Johnson both did not practice but Rivera said both will start barring any setbacks. Blackburn did not practice but is expected to play. Marvin McNutt, our newest WR, did not practice with an ankle injury, I don't think he's even been in a game yet.

The only thing that is making me nervous is again, all the talking heads are saying the Panthers should win this game. This is another division game and Atlanta always plays us tough. The players seem to be saying the right things about how they are approaching this game. We can't afford any letdowns if we are going to have a chance at the playoffs.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that is making me nervous is again, all the talking heads are saying the Panthers should win this game. This is another division game and Atlanta always plays us tough. The players seem to be saying the right things about how they are approaching this game. We can't afford any letdowns if we are going to have a chance at the playoffs.

Yeah, it's hard for me to believe that there's that much difference between the teams. The running stats I posted earlier makes me wonder how the Falcs are going to approach this game - they have to realize they can't go on the same way (unless they've given up). May diversify the O game plan a bit. There's also the general Matt R vs our DBs question.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Our D line versus their O line SHOULD be the difference.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's hard for me to believe that there's that much difference between the teams. The running stats I posted earlier makes me wonder how the Falcs are going to approach this game - they have to realize they can't go on the same way (unless they've given up). May diversify the O game plan a bit. There's also the general Matt R vs our DBs question.

For me, right now, the big thing is keeping up with the Lions. We are about even in the standings right now. Detroit has their bye this week. To call their upcoming schedule "favorable" would be an understatement. They have Chicago, Pitt, TB, GB, Philly, Baltimore, Giants, & Vikes. There is still a lot of football left to play and teams can turn things around but right now the only tough team they have left is Green Bay. We currently have the tie-breaker over them but our best bet may be to win out.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
For me, right now, the big thing is keeping up with the Lions. We are about even in the standings right now. Detroit has their bye this week. To call their upcoming schedule "favorable" would be an understatement. They have Chicago, Pitt, TB, GB, Philly, Baltimore, Giants, & Vikes. There is still a lot of football left to play and teams can turn things around but right now the only tough team they have left is Green Bay. We currently have the tie-breaker over them but our best bet may be to win out.

I'm not ready to concede to San Francisco. They are too reliant on their run game and I'm not that big of a Kaepernack fan

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons suck. They can't block, they can't tackle and they can't play football.

Easy win for Carolina.

Next.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny you should mention that, because I was looking at that Lions Sched last night, and it's a relative cakewalk, unless one of those teams turns it around. Of that list, maybe the Bears Ravens, Eagles, or Giants (they seem to be improving some) could get 'em with the upset, but I wouldn't bet they'd lose more than one of those. Green Bay will be favored, I'm sure.

San Fran has Carolina, @NOLA, @Washington, STL, SEA, then @Tampa, ATL, and @ AZ. They don't match up well with the Seahawks, the Saints game will be real interesting, but should probably take the rest (though that AZ matchup may not be a cakewalk). They've only lost 2, are playing really well, and I would normally say they finish around 12-4, minimum.

So, yeah, Panthers need to put a run on here, but you're right, a lot of stuff can happen.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to concede to San Francisco. They are too reliant on their run game and I'm not that big of a Kaepernack fan

I'm not a fan either. Main knock on Kaep is that he's too willing to cut his progression short, tuck and run or throw the ball to the wrong read. But we've struggled against Wilson and Manuel, guys who can buy time with their feet, and Kaep can do the same. What I really won't like about playing their Offense is Boldin - that guy can really pick zone coverage apart.

Btw, in response to the OP:

FLOWERY BRANCH -- Falcons wide receiver Roddy White, who’s recovering from ankle and hamstring injuries, and linebacker Stephen Nicholas (thigh) did not practice on Thursday.

Falcons coach Mike Smith is hoping that White, who's been running on the side with the trainers for a week, gets cleared by the team doctors for Friday's practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roddy White is currently a game time decision.

Blackburn is the only player we have listed as questionable. Every other player on our injury report is probable. (D Edwards, McNutt, Davis, DWill, Johnson, and Davis.)

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers will win this game by at least 10. If you don't it means you don't have a good team at all. The Falcons will be lucky to win another game this year.