• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panthers at Bears

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think from here on out you tell Bagent he won a spot on the team next year as backup at the very least, and then give fields a chance to win a spot next year too. If fields doesn’t grow like he should, we can let him go and maybe draft a qb.

I think that's the only reasonable path.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if the Panthers weren't complete ass and Hoyer wasn't the starter for the Raiders...it would be 0-4.

It hasn't mattered who the QB is.....the Bears win when they face dogshit QBs and lose when they face anyone halfway competent.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if the Panthers weren't complete ass and Hoyer wasn't the starter for the Raiders...it would be 0-4.

It hasn't mattered who the QB is.....the Bears win when they face dogshit QBs and lose when they face anyone halfway competent.
I meant 2-2.

A win is a win. Fields has like 6 of those in 2.5 years. Must've just been 25 good teams, I guess?:noidea:

The Defense looks better with Sanborn in the middle and with the addition of Sweat tho. That's a plus. When we signed Edmunds, I thought he'd play OLB, putting him the middle, replacing Sanborn makes that a dumb trade.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getsy is just dogshit.

He is dogshit......

We had 3rd and 4 around the Carolina 40,whats he do,throws an endzone pass from a qb who doesnt have the arm to do that......
Then giez for it on 4th down with a run and fails......
If he waz going for it on 4th down anyways,why not run Foreman twice......??
Foreman had a decent night,give him that ball twice instead of throw an endzone pass.....jhc man.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win. Fields has like 6 of those in 2.5 years. Must've just been 25 good teams, I guess?:noidea:

Take a look at the difference between QBs the Bears have wins over the past 2 seasons vs QBs they've lost to and tell me the difference.

Fields has not been good enough.

The team around Fields has not been good enough.

Amazingly....both can be true at the same time.

There were open receivers down the field last night that Bagent couldn't connect with because his arm strength simply isn't there. He opts for the checkdown even when he doesn't have to. And again....he's outplayed expectations of a D2 undrafted rookie. There's no denying that. But after four games it should be really evident exactly why he's a D2 undrafted QB.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at the difference between QBs the Bears have wins over the past 2 seasons vs QBs they've lost to and tell me the difference.

Fields has not been good enough.

The team around Fields has not been good enough.

Amazingly....both can be true at the same time.

There were open receivers down the field last night that Bagent couldn't connect with because his arm strength simply isn't there. He opts for the checkdown even when he doesn't have to. And again....he's outplayed expectations of a D2 undrafted rookie. There's no denying that. But after four games it should be really evident exactly why he's a D2 undrafted QB.

You could even see the frustrating looks on DJs face at times when ball was not there.....

And Bagent has beat teams thst JF would have beaten anyways.......Im ready for JF to come back....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could even see the frustrating looks on DJs face at times when ball was not there.....

And Bagent has beat teams thst JF would have beaten anyways.......Im ready for JF to come back....
6 wins in 2.5 years says this just isn't true.

Let's just hope Fields learned something from Bagent. He may not have the arm talent that JF has but he grasps the offense much better. The sack disparity alone is a massive problem with JF. You don't need 20 yard completions on every drop back. Fields' sack-rate is like 13% er some crazy shit. That has to stop.

Take away the big runs from last year, and the numbers between Fields and Bagent are not that dissimilar. Everybody talking about the lack of yardage or arm strength have real short memories with Fields, who has been nowhere close to NFL average with yardage.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 wins in 2.5 years says this just isn't true.

Let's just hope Fields learned something from Bagent. He may not have the arm talent that JF has but he grasps the offense much better. The sack disparity alone is a massive problem with JF. You don't need 20 yard completions on every drop back. Fields' sack-rate is like 13% er some crazy shit. That has to stop.

Take away the big runs from last year, and the numbers between Fields and Bagent are not that dissimilar. Everybody talking about the lack of yardage or arm strength have real short memories with Fields, who has been nowhere close to NFL average with yardage.

Altho I agree with you on JF,cmon,Carolina is a bottom 2 team in the league......
And a top def lineman in Burns was out.......
They are 1-9 for a reason.......
There is nothing to like about that Carolina team at all......
JF would have beaten them too....no doubt in my mind......
Id take the Bears over LV with Fields,but I believe we still lose to the Chargers tho.....
Bagent is not special.......
If Bagent played vs playoff teams,we would get our asses jackhammered.........

We had 1 offensive td vs a horrible team that had their top d-lineman out.....1

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altho I agree with you on JF,cmon,Carolina is a bottom 2 team in the league......
And a top def lineman in Burns was out.......
They are 1-9 for a reason.......
There is nothing to like about that Carolina team at all......
JF would have beaten them too....no doubt in my mind......
Id take the Bears over LV with Fields,but I believe we still lose to the Chargers tho.....
Bagent is not special.......
If Bagent played vs playoff teams,we would get our asses jackhammered.........

We had 1 offensive td vs a horrible team that had their top d-lineman out.....1
Fields isn't special either. He's a special runner.

You could literally replace Bagent's name with Fields' in everything else you said.

I've seen enough of Fields. Couldn't give a fuck less if he ever stepped foot on the field again.

We'll see soon enough. The o-line is playing much better. The run game is firing on all cylinders and the defense is getting better by the week. Playmakers on offense everywhere. If they can cut the sloppy bullshit penalties, (in fairness, they've gotten jobbed pretty hard the last 3 weeks They could look like a better team.

In theory, Fields should be good-to-go against the Lions. They are a good team. I think they continue with Bagent tho, and keep acting weird about Fields' status. Maybe to preserve him and tank or maybe cuz they're sick of his shit too. :D

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could literally replace Bagent's name with Fields' in everything else you said.

I've seen enough of Fields. Couldn't give a fuck less if he ever stepped foot on the field again.

We'll see soon enough. The o-line is playing much better. The run game is firing on all cylinders and the defense is getting better by the week. Playmakers on offense everywhere. If they can cut the sloppy bullshit penalties, (in fairness, they've gotten jobbed pretty hard the last 3 weeks They could look like a better team.

In theory, Fields should be good-to-go against the Lions. They are a good team. I think they continue with Bagent tho, and keep acting weird about Fields' status. Maybe to preserve him and tank or maybe cuz they're sick of his shit too. :D
As I mentioned, I'm not at all sold on the possibility that Fields magically turns it up these final weeks after 2 1/2 years of incredible inconsistency. But we pretty much have no other choice but to give him this last chance shot. Again, what an opportunity lost if we have to use one of our two #1s on starting over with a new QB. We still have some major needs at other spots on the team where at least two of them could be filled. It's just that we can't keep going thru a carousel of shitty QBs. One of these years we have to get it right.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned, I'm not at all sold on the possibility that Fields magically turns it up these final weeks after 2 1/2 years of incredible inconsistency. But we pretty much have no other choice but to give him this last chance shot. Again, what an opportunity lost if we have to use one of our two #1s on starting over with a new QB. We still have some major needs at other spots on the team where at least two of them could be filled. It's just that we can't keep going thru a carousel of shitty QBs. One of these years we have to get it right.
I guess so. Playing for next year, sure sucks this year tho, as a fan.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just said it,youre tired of Fields,as we all are,but to insist or think Bagent has done something fantastic,is absurd.....
Fields arm is stronger,Fields can scramble enough to where he can extend plays....

1 td vs argueably vs thee worst team in the league speaaks volumes.......
Especially when a top 10 dlineman is out.
Now Im not saying Fields is all that,cause if you read any of my other posts you would know that Ive been done with him for awhile now.....
But JF is better and and if we are to trade him off,he needs to play.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just said it,youre tired of Fields,as we all are,but to insist or think Bagent has done something fantastic,is absurd.....
Fields arm is stronger,Fields can scramble enough to where he can extend plays....

1 td vs argueably vs thee worst team in the league speaaks volumes.......
Especially when a top 10 dlineman is out.
Now Im not saying Fields is all that,cause if you read any of my other posts you would know that Ive been done with him for awhile now.....
But JF is better and and if we are to trade him off,he needs to play.......
I like Bagent, who knows what 4-5 years of experience might produce, but at this point he looks to be no better than a very serviceable backup. More importantly, whether the Bears are hoping that somehow Fields can suddenly put it all together in these final 7 games or if they plan to trade him in the offseason, they have to let him play to see what they have and/or what they could realistically get for him in a trade.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant 2-2.

The Defense looks better with Sanborn in the middle and with the addition of Sweat tho. That's a plus. When we signed Edmunds, I thought he'd play OLB, putting him the middle, replacing Sanborn makes that a dumb trade.
I say it was absolutely a dumb player swap. The whole emphasis was getting 2 guys for what Baltimore is paying for one year of Roquan, when the emphasis should have been we had a guy in sanborn that can do that job well. Edwards is setting records with tackles, but Edmunds has been playing more middle deep safety. I think it was the scheme since Jackson blows and there was no trust in backups when he tripped over the 40 yard line. I apologize if I have them mixed up.

The other emphasis was both Edmunds and Edwards were better in coverage, so let the strong and weak side cover like usual because it is also common for the MLB to go to the bench when nickel is in the game so your cover guys are in anyway.

Its all scheme and Edmunds running away from the ball is not a solid plan. Dont forget to mention that both of these guys are on one year deals and both will be looking for 20 million next contract.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front four is the weakest link. Sweat helps that a bunch. They are already better with him in there.

They still play to the level of their opponent. Bad against good QBs and good against bad ones. They haven't beat a half way competent QB in 2 years.

Some of that is poor scheme. The cover who defense needs to go. It's too exploitable. It would be nice to have an actual game breaker at the linebacker level but that's not happening this offseason.