• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC Dlineman Jay Tufele becomes the first PAC player to announce he will not play his senior season, even if the PAC plays spring 2021. Will be leaving school and will enter the NFL draft. Potential 1-2 round talent for next years NFL draft.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Propaganda wars will happen, but I don't think it's going to be a huge deal. If anything, I think more west coast kids might stay close to home. The same teams that can recruit will continue to recruit, and the rest of the conference will continue to be a dumpster fire. Cal's doing well. You have to figure Stanford will get their shit together at some point, since they've only taken 6 commits so far. ASU and Washington will finish somewhere in the 20s most likely. Oregon and USC are doing very well.

In the end, the 6 programs that can recruit will all be top 30ish unless Furd completely falls apart, and the others will run out their usual hodge podge of recruits for teams that suck, unless they go to Utah in which case they'll wind up putting on 50 pounds of muscle and be good.
Washington ended up in a difficult situation for recruiting as we had a new HC & OC and Covid hit. There was no spring camp which made it extremely difficult.
While I have plenty of faith in Lake and the staff, it's now back to square one as the fall season is cancelled and no way to showcase what we were going to do to recruits.
I think the Huskies could of easily been looking at a 9+ win season before the no OOC schedule was announced with the talent we had which just completely guts me.

I'm sure we'll be fine in the long run, but recruiting is super challenging right now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC Dlineman Jay Tufele becomes the first PAC player to announce he will not play his senior season, even if the PAC plays spring 2021. Will be leaving school and will enter the NFL draft. Potential 1-2 round talent for next years NFL draft.

Sucks. But can't blame the guy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm... guess I must have missed that major "news" item... heh heh :heh:

Looks like he was taken out ninja style. Didn't make a sound. So no meltdown or rage quit.

Kind of disappointing really.

I was counting on him for a huge meltdown. lol

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he was taken out ninja style. Didn't make a sound. So no meltdown or rage quit.

Kind of disappointing really.

I was counting on him for a huge meltdown. lol

Well, damn... What will the PAC12 do now? That's gotta be a blow for the Washington program - Right? :noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't be the only one

I hope he is the only one, but you're probably right.

Fortunately, USC is pretty young. So there shouldn't be a lot. I saw an article in Reign of Troy that listed 5 USC players that could choose to go pro. Tufele was one of them. Amon-Ra St. Brown, Talanoa Hufanga, Tyler Vaughns and Alijah Vera-Tucker were the others.

Unless he's heard something. It's kind of risk for him, imo. Even though he has all of the "measureables", he's far from a guaranteed 1st round pick. USC's d-line didn't play very well last year and, while he wasn't terrible...he didn't exactly stand out as a bright spot either.

I figured Amon-Ra would be the first. He's a borderline 1st round guy. Maybe he figures he can get himself into the top 10 with a year as the #1 target? Plus, he and Bru McCoy are good friends...maybe he wants to spend a season playing alongside him?

Or maybe he just hasn't decided yet? lol

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he is the only one, but you're probably right.

Fortunately, USC is pretty young. So there shouldn't be a lot. I saw an article in Reign of Troy that listed 5 USC players that could choose to go pro. Tufele was one of them. Amon-Ra St. Brown, Talanoa Hufanga, Tyler Vaughns and Alijah Vera-Tucker were the others.

Unless he's heard something. It's kind of risk for him, imo. Even though he has all of the "measureables", he's far from a guaranteed 1st round pick. USC's line didn't play very well last year and, while he wasn't terrible...he didn't exactly stand out as a bright spot either.

I figured Amon-Ra would be the first. He's a borderline 1st round guy. Maybe he figures he can get himself into the top 10 with a year as the #1 target? Plus, he and Bru McCoy are good friend...maybe he wants to spend a season playing alongside him?

Or maybe he just hasn't decided yet? lol

I wasn't just referring to USC. A lot of players will choose to skip this season, especially if it's in the spring.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't just referring to USC. A lot of players will choose to skip this season, especially if it's in the spring.

You're likely right about that too.

There will be a lot of guys taking a long hard look at where they are likely to be drafted too.

Guys are going to have to decide whether or not they think they can raise their draft value enough to put their bodies through 2 seasons of football in a calendar year.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're likely right about that too.

There will be a lot of guys taking a long hard look at where they are likely to be drafted too.

Guys are going to have to decide whether or not they think they can raise their draft value enough to put their bodies through 2 seasons of football in a calendar year.
Expect a lot of the D and O lineman who are projected to be 1-3 round guys to not risk it and go directly to the draft, even if spring season does occur. I think that's where your going to see most of the early exits due to injury risk factors of playing in the trenches. Same with the ones who are borderline retards and don't give a rip about school work.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure AG constantly railing against the PAC-12, State of Washington, City of Seattle, and UW administration was a boon for recruiting.

Whats weird and funny is he supposedly runs a couple or one facebook site for UW fans (not sure if also Seahawks too) who are probably a majority Washington residents and he hates the state and it's residents with a passion. If those people knew what e actually felt about them I'm sure they would not be pleased.