• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is saying they weren't good or the best team but domination is a bit heavy handed

So when Oregon went to their NC’s they weren’t a dominant team?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the PAC Network can be summed up pretty easily. I live on the West Coast and have to pay to get the PAC Network, but get the SEC Network for free.

That's such bullshit.

ESPN needs to pick up the PAC12 Network so that everyone gets it. I hate having to pay $30 a month for it here in Atlanta, but I do it..

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pearl Jam and Nirvana are a stain on the NW. Pearl Jam seem like good guys but they are just like U2, no decent songs but their philanthropy made them better than their musical talent.
upload_2019-9-6_5-0-6.gif

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
squeaking out 3 point and 6 point wins isn't dominating

Clemson had two games that they won by 4 or less points last season. So not a dominant team having a dominant season I guess. . LOL

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone trying to claim USC didn't dominate the PAC during the Carroll years is a buffoon.

I understand Oly's point, to a point.

What I mean is, during those years, USC was dominant. The record speaks for itself. But, during those years, if they were to lose a game, or even have a close call, it was against a PAC team.

While USC was going 52-7 in the PAC, they were 33-2 OOC (including bowl games. It's why I've always stuck up for other PAC teams when fans from other conferences try to claim the PAC was USC and no one else.

So, from that perspective, USC wasn't as dominant as a lot of folks say/remember. But, as I pointed out earlier, the point is to win and when you win at that clip, that's pretty dominant.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when Oregon went to their NC’s they weren’t a dominant team?
did anyone ever claim them to be?

2010 they won all games had 1 close win, 1 semi close by 11, and the rest by like 15-20 or more. they were a very good team some might call them dominant. i would call it more like near dominant.
2014 1 loss 1 close win and another by 12. the rest by 15 or more. again maybe near.

maybe i just have a higher standard for dominant

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Oly's point, to a point.

What I mean is, during those years, USC was dominant. The record speaks for itself. But, during those years, if they were to lose a game, or even have a close call, it was against a PAC team.

While USC was going 52-7 in the PAC, they were 33-2 OOC (including bowl games. It's why I've always stuck up for other PAC teams when fans from other conferences try to claim the PAC was USC and no one else.

So, from that perspective, USC wasn't as dominant as a lot of folks say/remember. But, as I pointed out earlier, the point is to win and when you win at that clip, that's pretty dominant.

I still say you guys dominated. But regardless of what every national media said the Pac 12, then 10, is always going to be the hardest conference to “dominate”. Every single style of offense except the old school wishbone and triple option is in the conference. As well as varying defenses, it’s just hard to make a completely different game plan every week. And with Pete he seems to just stick to the same one and that can bite you from time to time. It’s like when the Rams were essentially the now Oregon State Beavers, they always gave the Seahawks fits.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

in this sense yes.
like i said I never said they weren't good. never said they werent the best.
I just dont see 2 losses and squeaking out 3 wins in conference is dominant. thats trouble in over half the conference games played.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did anyone ever claim them to be?
maybe i just have a higher standard for dominant

Then we are on the same page. I don’t think dominant means you beat everyone 56-0.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in this sense yes.
like i said I never said they weren't good. never said they werent the best.
I just dont see 2 losses and squeaking out 3 wins in conference is dominant. thats trouble in over half the conference games played.
Sorry but when you win the conference every year from 2002 to 2008 thats called dominating. Someone winning a game or some games being close doesn't erase that. Not losing a game is called perfection. These are 18-22 year old kids and you will get close games and you might drop one. Clemson had a close game against Syracuse. Doesn't mean they didn't have a dominant season. USC didn't lose a PAC game for a 27 game stretch. That part was perfection wrapped in domination.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Former USC CB Isaiah Langley arrested in robbery case

Former USC starting cornerback Isaiah Langley was arrested in connection to a slew of robberies in Northern California, according to a report by FOX KTVU and Alameda District Attorney's office. Langley was one of several members of a "brazen" crew in 61 robberies of UPS drivers across Northern California, which netted them $1 million in stolen electronics per a release.

Per the DA's statement, Langley was one of 12 individuals arrested in the operation. The arrests also yielded collection of six guns, "including an assault rifle, along with two illegal ammunition magazines, stolen property from the thefts, and other physical evidence."

The DA noted that Langley, 23, was taken into custody in Lake Forest, Illinois "and is expected to be brought to Alameda County for arraignment at a future date." Per KTVU:

Langley was identified through cell phone data, surveillance video and physical evidence, prosecutors said and is linked to robberies in Pleasant Hill, Fairfield and San Jose. It was a partial palm print left at a Pleasant Hill site that led police to begin to unravel the robbery ring, prosecutors said.

Langley signed as an undrafted free agent with the Oakland Raiders in June and was spotted a couple times in HBO's Hard Knocks this summer. He was eventually released by the Raiders and most recently the Indianapolis Colts. Per KTVU, Langley was arrested on the same day he was released.

This is not Langley's first run in with the law. He was arrested in May 2016 going into his sophomore season on UCLA's campus at a fraternity party on three misdemeanor charges (resisting arrest, intoxication and trespassing). Langley was suspended for the season opener against Alabama.

He played in 33 games at USC, 22 in his final two seasons. The NorCal native ascended to a starting job in his senior season in 2018, recording 46 tackles, one interception and six passes defended in 11 games. He started four times in 2017 with 38 tackles and six passes defended.

Langley was a former four-star prospect in the 2015 class out of Foothill High School. He was rated the No. 97 overall prospect in the class, the No. 11 cornerback and the No, 17 recruit out of California. He chose USC over offers from Florida State, Georgia, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Arizona, Oregon, and Tennessee among others.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but when you win the conference every year from 2002 to 2008 thats called dominating. Someone winning a game or some games being close doesn't erase that. Not losing a game is called perfection. These are 18-22 year old kids and you will get close games and you might drop one. Clemson had a close game against Syracuse. Doesn't mean they didn't have a dominant season. USC didn't lose a PAC game for a 27 game stretch. That part was perfection wrapped in domination.
co champing it almost half the time

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we are on the same page. I don’t think dominant means you beat everyone 56-0.
but in a 9 game conference schedule losing 2 and and winning 3 by a score or less doesnt mean domination either.
winning every game doesnt mean domination if you only beat each team by 3 points either.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say you guys dominated. But regardless of what every national media said the Pac 12, then 10, is always going to be the hardest conference to “dominate”. Every single style of offense except the old school wishbone and triple option is in the conference. As well as varying defenses, it’s just hard to make a completely different game plan every week. And with Pete he seems to just stick to the same one and that can bite you from time to time. It’s like when the Rams were essentially the now Oregon State Beavers, they always gave the Seahawks fits.
Not only that. This takes me back when the PAC had a leg to stand on. The climate swing by state or school is more massive in the PAC than any other conference. You could play in the high altitude of Boulder one week, then the next week play in the blazing heat of Tempe. You have wet conditions in Seattle, Eugene, Corvallis and potential snow and cold in Pullman & Salt Lake. Obviously the California schools are very mild. But still vastly different climates.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best RB in the PAC 12 is ZACK MOSS prove me wrong!