• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

coachpetes.jpg

defense.jpg

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any fan of a PAC North team not named 'Stanford' should be pulling for SC this weekend.

Why? Stanford isn’t a scary team. What is a scary team is USC in the CCG. They still have by far the most talent in the South, crappy coach but talent sometimes overcomes shitty coaching.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Stanford isn’t a scary team. What is a scary team is USC in the CCG. They still have by far the most talent in the South, crappy coach but talent sometimes overcomes shitty coaching.
The goal is to win the North in order to play in the conference championship game. I want everyone in the North not named 'Washington' to rack up as many conferences losses as possible starting with Stanford this Saturday.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC continues to load up on the Oline this class.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goal is to win the North in order to play in the conference championship game. I want everyone in the North not named 'Washington' to rack up as many conferences losses as possible starting with Stanford this Saturday.

But I don’t get the logic. The goal is to win the conference and Stanford poses no threat to win the North. It’s between UW, WSU and Oregon. Cristobal has shown that he and his $10 million dollar staff suck at game management and Jimmy Lake owns Mike Leach.

If USC were to win the South they have more than enough raw talent to win the CCG against any North team. I’d much prefer Utah or ASU to be in the CCG.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I don’t get the logic. The goal is to win the conference and Stanford poses no threat to win the North. It’s between UW, WSU and Oregon. Cristobal has shown that he and his $10 million dollar staff suck at game management and Jimmy Lake owns Mike Leach.

If USC were to win the South they have more than enough raw talent to win the CCG against any North team. I’d much prefer Utah or ASU to be in the CCG.
Anyone not named 'Oregon St.' has a legit shot at winning the North this year. The goal is to win your division so that you can play for the conference championship. That is the #1 goal atm.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree completely. Play the game, or wish the game, like you want it to be played. "Fear of USC" dominated this fucking conference the entire CPC era. I'm not going to give it back while Clay Fucking Helton is the head coach, and neither should anyone else.

I remember a time when ASU, pre-CPC, had a winning record against USC. When Troy has a shit coach, there's nothing to fear.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone not named 'Oregon St.' has a legit shot at winning the North. The goal is to win your division so that you can play for the conference championship. That is the #1 goal atm.

Eh, Cal nor Stanford have the offense to be a legit contender in the North. Not saying they are scrubs and can’t beat one of the 3 real contenders but to me they pose zero threat to winning the division.

On a side note though, no one in the conference should want Helton fired. USC fires a coach and they rip everyone a new asshole. So go Nerds from me.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree completely. Play the game, or wish the game, like you want it to be played. "Fear of USC" dominated this fucking conference the entire CPC era. I'm not going to give it back while Clay Fucking Helton is the head coach, and neither should anyone else.

I remember a time when ASU, pre-CPC, had a winning record against USC.
The entire goal is to win your division so that you have a chance to play for your conference championship. SC has talent, Utah will be deadly if they find their offense, ASU has a frosh QB that has a solid chance to be on the All PAC Freshman team at the end of the season, etc .. but ya win your division, brag on here like a motherfvcker about it and pray your team wins the conference and makes it to the Rose Bowl or even the CFP. But you can't do anything until you at least win your division.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't matter. JT will be the 2nd best Daniels QB in the conference by like November. Best of luck in future games and his recovery and all, but Jayden is going to be really good once he grows into his frame and starts putting on man muscles. He still looks like a child, but he's going to grow into it. Wish we could have redshirted him once, but c'est la vie.

Once his helmet stops looking stupid on his neck and shoulders, you'll know. That's the warning sign.

Last edited:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember a time when ASU, pre-CPC, had a winning record against USC. When Troy has a shit coach, there's nothing to fear.
no they didnt. they may have won it over and over and were the only consistent team but they only dominated the conference like 1 year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Sign a real TV deal. The PAC Network is trash, and hard to get outside of the West Coast. I live in Atlanta and only a few providers have it. It's absurd and losing money.

The problem with the PAC Network can be summed up pretty easily. I live on the West Coast and have to pay to get the PAC Network, but get the SEC Network for free.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately it’s not too far fetched if the conference keeps going the way it is with so many athletic departments hemorrhaging money. 2 things have really hurt the conference and 1 is the schools were told they were going to get X so essentially used a credit card but they haven’t received X combined. Then 2 is Larry Scott, the Pac 12 office and most of the school president/chancellors value Olympic sports way too much. It’s nice that it’s the conference of champions 99% of those champions actually lose money for the school.

Exactly. The "Conference of Champions" narrative is nice. But all those titles don't matter if they are in sports that no one cares about or will pay to attend.

Seems that if the conference is doing well and schools are making money in football and basketball, that would mean even more money for the Olympic sports.

But hey, if I recall correctly, Larry Scott is the highest paid Conference Commissioner, so at least the PAC has that. :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC continues to load up on the Oline this class.

Good. We need to. I don't think we've had an o-line that I've had confidence in since probably 2011.

I know some of that was because, with the sanctions, we focused on skill position players.

But the sanctions have been over for awhile. So there has been plenty of time to start putting together o-lines that are at least solid.

Some have been misses on guys that peaked in high school (Damien Mama comes to mind). But a lot has been coaching (or lack thereof) too, imo.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they didnt. they may have won it over and over and were the only consistent team but they only dominated the conference like 1 year.

lol

Just because during most of Pete Carroll's tenure only PAC teams seemed to be able to beat us, doesn't mean we didn't dominate the conference.

USC was a combined 10-7 in conference in Pete Carroll's 1st and last years

In between though?

USC was 52-7 in conference and went 27-0 in the PAC from Oct. 4, 2003 to Oct. 14, 2006.

Seems pretty dominant to me.