• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next week's WSU game does not have any impact on any CCG implications. That is a fact.

So does that too mean everyone says they are eliminated?

God you are so dumb.

:lol:
Oregon was still very much alive following the Wazzu loss. Especially if it came to tie breakers. It was actually the Arizona loss that pushed the ducks to the brink.Without that loss the ducks jump Washington in the Standings. With the Udubs loss to Cal and Oregon owning the H2H.The Utah game was basically put the nail in the coffin......

Ya may want to focus more on the actual games,standings and tie breakers and the facts and less on shifting the goal posts.....

Fight On \/

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon was still very much alive following the Wazzu loss. Especially if it came to tie breakers. It was actually the Arizona loss that pushed the ducks to the brink.Without that loss the ducks jump Washington in the Standings. With the Udubs loss to Cal and Oregon owning the H2H.The Utah game was basically put the nail in the coffin......

Ya may want to focus more on the actual games,standings and tie breakers and the facts and less on shifting the goal posts.....

Fight On \/

Wat

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see him spell out how the Ducks still beat WSU (and the other two) had they not lost today assuming everyone else wins out and WSU lost both of their last two.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fight On \/

I normally agree with you but this made zero sense. The Ducks loss to Arizona has zero to do with them having a chance at the North. Oregon was eliminated from the north three weeks ago.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I normally agree with you but this made zero sense. The Ducks loss to Arizona has zero to do with them having a chance at the North. Oregon was eliminated from the north three weeks ago.
Well no. Had they won out and you lost out (including tonight) they were still in it provided UW lost to Oregon State and Stanford had a loss somewhere. The tiebreakers get convoluted, but as soon as you have a 3 or more team tie weird shit happens and teams that look out of it via head to had suddenly have a chance. As soon as you won tonight it rendered their game irrelevant. Oregon only wins a head to head tiebreaker with UW and there had to have been some scenario where WSU and Stanford are eliminated in any combo of either/both being in that tie with both UW and Oregon to eliminate and just leave Oregon and UW.

Obviously they no longer have any path to any sort of tie no matter what the rest of us do.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no. Had they won out and you lost out (including tonight) they were still in it provided UW lost to Oregon State and Stanford had a loss somewhere. The tiebreakers get convoluted, but as soon as you have a 3 or more team tie weird shit happens and teams that look out of it via head to had suddenly have a chance. As soon as you won tonight it rendered their game irrelevant. Oregon only wins a head to head tiebreaker with UW and there had to have been some scenario where WSU and Stanford are eliminated in any combo of either/both being in that tie with both UW and Oregon to eliminate and just leave Oregon and UW.

Obviously they no longer have any path to any sort of tie no matter what the rest of us do.

Yes, technically that is true, but once Oregon lost to us there was a higher percentage that we make the CFP than Oregon had to win the North.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, technically that is true, but once Oregon lost to us there was a higher percentage that we make the CFP than Oregon had to win the North.
Percentage chance is different from mathematically eliminated. It was highly unlikely as of last week that Oregon would win the North, but they weren't eliminated. I believe Stanford was, even though they could have a path to a tie as well because they would have had to end up with them and Oregon after a multi team tiebreaker to win and I do not believe there was any scenario for that either.

WSU winning tonight ensured there are just two teams with any path to winning it and next weeks game for you is almost irrelevant outside of winning it, with UW losing to Oregon State would hand it to you without the AC in play. WSU can drop that game with UW beating Oregon State and it still comes down to the AC winner.

And no, as pathetic as UW's offense is I'm not calling next weeks game a gimmie.

I'll be curious to see how WSU plays in a game that has no real implications on it. Well, depending on what time each game is at. WSU probably wants the UW game to be earlier than theirs so that if UW found a way to lose to the beavs at home they can know they locked up the North by games end.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percentage chance is different from mathematically eliminated. It was highly unlikely as of last week that Oregon would win the North, but they weren't eliminated. I believe Stanford was, even though they could have a path to a tie as well because they would have had to end up with them and Oregon after a multi team tiebreaker to win and I do not believe there was any scenario for that either.

WSU winning tonight ensured there are just two teams with any path to winning it and next weeks game for you is almost irrelevant outside of winning it, with UW losing to Oregon State would hand it to you without the AC in play. WSU can drop that game with UW beating Oregon State and it still comes down to the AC winner.

And no, as pathetic as UW's offense is I'm not calling next weeks game a gimmie.

I'll be curious to see how WSU plays in a game that has no real implications on it. Well, depending on what time each game is at. WSU probably wants the UW game to be earlier than theirs so that if UW found a way to lose to the beavs at home they can know they locked up the North by games end.

I get what you’re saying and it is all scientific and mathematical and stuff but Oregon was really eliminated from contention when they lost to us. It’s like the Mariners, sure they weren’t technically eliminated on August 20th but they were really eliminated on August 20th.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll break it down like I did for Wiz when he claimed the games last week had no impact on the PAC CCG

After the Wazzu loss Oregon only had 2 conference losses.The Ducks were 11 game behind Washington and they held the tie breaker.

Wazzu had 1conference loss and 5 conference games left Stanford,Cal,Colorado Arizona and Washington

Washington had 1 conference loss with 4 conference games remaining
Cal,Stanford,Oregon State and Wazzu

Oregon had 2 conference losses with 5 conference games left
Zona,UCLA,Utah,ASU and Oregoin State

If Wazzu stumbled Oregon had the tie breaker over Washington.

Washingtons loss to Cal puts them at 2 conference losses

If not for the Arizona loss Oregon would have jumped Washington in the standings. Since they have the head to head win. The Arizona loss put Oregon behind the 8 ball. The Utah loss has all but eliminated them.

Sometimes Wiz gets a bit distracted by Oregon etc...and his numbers and data are a bit off. Ie thinking the Oregon and SC games had no implications on the PAC CCG last week. Or that Wazzu eliminated Oregin when they were factually still very much alive. The Zona loss was the loss that actually Hit the ducks odds the hardest. Otherwise Oregoni is a 2 loss team thats in second in the north...

Then again he thought SC was out of the south leave last week .....

Good luck I'm hoping to see the Cougs run the table. The PAC needs a Mike Leach involved in the flawed play off system :suds:

2nd half is starting

Fight On \/

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helton needs to play Neilon at center :L lucky that was just a safety. These bad snaps are far too common

SC needs a new coach

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll break it down like I did for Wiz when he claimed the games last week had no impact on the PAC CCG

After the Wazzu loss Oregon only had 2 conference losses.The Ducks were 11 game behind Washington and they held the tie breaker.

Wazzu had 1conference loss and 5 conference games left Stanford,Cal,Colorado Arizona and Washington

If not for the Arizona loss Oregon would have jumped Washington in the standings. Since they have the head to head win. The Arizona loss put Oregon behind the 8 ball. The Utah loss has all but eliminated them.

Sometimes Wiz gets a bit distracted by Oregon etc...and his numbers and data are a bit off. Ie thinking the Oregon and SC games had no implications on the PAC CCG last week. Or that Wazzu eliminated Oregin when they were factually still very much alive. The Zona loss was the loss that actually Hit the ducks odds the hardest. Otherwise Oregoni is a 2 loss team thats in second in the north...

Good luck I'm hoping to see the Cougs run the table. The PAC needs a Mike Leach involved in the flawed play off system :suds:

2nd half is starting

Fight On \/

I get your theory but mathematically it didn’t add up. They needed Stanford and us to lose two more games, which we played each other and UW to lose one more which they play us. Their entire equation went down the drain when they lost to us and went from tied for 1st to 4th place. Even if Oregon beat Arizona, if UW beat us UW wins the tie breaker over them in case of a three way tie. Oregon’s only hope to ever get the North was for UW to run the table and us to lose the table.

From the moment Oregon lost to Stanford, regardless of their game against UW they needed XY and Z to happen because Stanford was never going to win the north.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your theory but mathematically it didn’t add up. They needed Stanford and us to lose two more games, which we played each other and UW to lose one more which they play us. Their entire equation went down the drain when they lost to us and went from tied for 1st to 4th place. Even if Oregon beat Arizona, if UW beat us UW wins the tie breaker over them in case of a three way tie. Oregon’s only hope to ever get the North was for UW to run the table and us to lose the table.

From the moment Oregon lost to Stanford, regardless of their game against UW they needed XY and Z to happen because Stanford was never going to win the north.
Exactly Oregon was not mathematically out. And in great position to jump Udubs had they not lost to Zona. But SC was very much in the PAC race as well. There was 4 teams locked up. That’s why saying there were no CCG implications in those games made zero sense.

Right now SC may be luck if they’re bowl eligible tho

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd half is starting

Fight On \/
Wow, that's a whole lot of words to basically say you now have to move the goal posts to try to save face. :L

Wazzy may have questioned last weeks games, but that wasn't what WE were discussing and you know it.

Facts are facts. After a WSU win tonight the worst they could have finished is 6-3. Before Oregon's game tonight the best they could finish is 6-3. Any scenario involving Oregon still having life then would require UW to lose to Oregon State and beat WSU which would have created at least a 3 way tie depending on Stanford's finish.

You believe there would have been a scenario with Oregon winning the North out of that mess so let's see it. Stop with distractions that have nothing to do with it. If you want to keep on with Wazzy then do so without bringing me up as I knew full well last week where we stood. Brought up that fact in the Oregon thread last week so again your memory is just pure garbage.

Just like I was correct weeks ago when I said it was stupid to get wrapped up into assumptions about the path forward when there were key games still left.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Oregon was not mathematically out. And in great position to jump Udubs had they not lost to Zona. But SC was very much in the PAC race as well. There was 4 teams locked up. That’s why saying there were no CCG implications in those games made zero sense.

Right now SC may be luck if they’re bowl eligible tho

But how would they jump UW even had they Oregon won out? Mathematically sure, but common sense says .0000001 isn’t going to happen. They needed us to lose out and UW to lose to the Beavs. There is a mathematical possibility of taken a penny to Vegas and coming home a millionaire too. Oregon was out of the north when they lost to us.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how would they jump UW even had they Oregon won out? Mathematically sure, but common sense says .0000001 isn’t going to happen. They needed us to lose out and UW to lose to the Beavs. There is a mathematical possibility of taken a penny to Vegas and coming home a millionaire too. Oregon was out of the north when they lost to us.
He's just being his typical derp, just like he's stuck on some bad troll attempt of saying at some point I said USC was entirely mathematically eliminated because I said their game with Oregon State had no CCG implications at a time they were a game back. You, and I, and any sane person understands that meant no game had an impact on the South with Utah fully a game up on everyone UNLESS Utah lost a game. Dipshit can't wrap his mind around that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just being his typical derp, just like he's stuck on some bad troll attempt of saying at some point I said USC was entirely mathematically eliminated because I said their game with Oregon State had no CCG implications at a time they were a game back. You, and I, and any sane person understands that meant no game had an impact on the South with Utah fully a game up on everyone UNLESS Utah lost a game. Dipshit can't wrap his mind around that.

Well I’m late to this party so I’ll bow out. My bad #backthepac brethren....only if you throw the Apple Cup.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington list to Cal. If Oregon beat Zona Oregon and Washington have the same amount of kisses. The head to head win over Washington puts Oregon over Washington. Which is why the Zona game was the back breaker for Oregon.Claiming any PAC south game had no CCG implicatio
I can pull the numbers and tie breakers after the game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I’m late to this party so I’ll bow out. My bad #backthepac brethren....only if you throw the Apple Cup.
Shit, right now I'm only looking to Oregon State. Have you seen UW's offense? :L

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington list to Cal. If Oregon beat Zona Oregon and Washington have the same amount of kisses. The head to head win over Washington puts Oregon over Washington. Which is why the Zona game was the back breaker for Oregon.Claiming any PAC south game had no CCG implicatio
I can pull the numbers and tie breakers after the game.

I get your point but you are speaking of percentages not reality. The point you are making is UW and Oregon finishing with two loses a piece correct? If that were the case UW has the tie breaker over them because they beat us and the 4th place team in Stanford. Oregon’s only road was for us to lose to Colorado, Arizona and the Mutts. UW’s matchups were really irrelevant in Oregon’s season after they lost to us.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, right now I'm only looking to Oregon State. Have you seen UW's offense? :L

I have, and I’ve told you fother muckers since USC beat you two years ago Browning would be an issue for you. He is a right handed Kellen Moore. A great QB for a school like us but not for a playoff caliber school.