• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about Bama? The kid told the UW coaching staff that he was having family problems and that he wanted to play closer to home. This is after he signed an LOI with Washington.

Tell me which is closer to Nevada ... Seattle or Alabama.

1200px-Map_of_USA_with_state_names.svg_-770x476.png
You missed my point entirely

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Begs the question - just how different are the academic standards at Washington relative to Alabama?

Hey now. Alabama yearly has more academic All Americans than Stanford , Notre Dame, Northwestern and Duke.
So you know they are good at book learnin.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to what I read, the recovery for this is 2-5 weeks. So, as early as August 23rd, which is 1 week before the opener vs. UNLV or as late as Sept. 13th, which would bring him back in time for Texas.

As @socaljim242 pointed out, they aren't going to be worried about having him for the UNLV game. Even if he's 100% cleared by doctors, USC would likely limit his plays.

So, I don't really see how targeting the Stanford game, which would be 4 weeks into his recovery, would be considered "rushing him back".
meniscus repair recovery is usually longer than 1 month. most dont recomend return to normal activity at full speed for like 3.
recurrent injury isnt uncommon even after given the go ahead to return to activity.
if the menisci arent fully healed injury to ACL risk increases as well as to the rest of the knee.
But what do i know ive only been in the medical field 15 years and work at the top Orthopedic surgery hospital in Washington.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please find a report that Alabama was still actively recruiting him
Yeah, because they haven't been doing this long enough to know how to keep it on the down low? :L

ANY contact with kids already under NLI is forbidden. So you expect the evidence that such contact happened to be available in some easy to browse fashion?

Connect the dots yourself man. Use your noodle.

Bama ends up losing 3 LB's since spring, one just days ago with an injury. They are rail thin at LB.

Kaho's family makes a public plea for his release citing how concerned they were for him and his health. He dropped 20 lbs, wasn't his happy self, suffered the loss of an aunt and uncle, his parents were going through a divorce they said. They "aren't even thinking about football right now" because it's just about him being closer to home and with family.

Coach petersen says after he released him that he needed to be closer to family and they get that. Meaning, something similar was said to him by Kaho himself.

Two days later. TWO DAYS he's signing with Bama and eligible to play right now.

Did he do this all on his own and only contact them to find out if they were interested 10 minutes before they said yes? Are you suggesting that's a real possibility? Because almost anything else is against the NCAA rules for contact.

He and his family lied to jump teams just before the season starts. It's despicable at the very core. Ale himself said to a reporter that he himself didn't know what was going on as this was happening. Which (if true given their already now bad track record of lying) means something was going on with his family and Bama. I'm not suggesting that is proof of some pay scheme and whatnot, but at a minimum I just can't create a scenario in my own head where this happens without impermissible contact between Bama and Kaho/his family.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meniscus repair recovery is usually longer than 1 month. most dont recomend return to normal activity at full speed for like 3.
recurrent injury isnt uncommon even after given the go ahead to return to activity.
if the menisci arent fully healed injury to ACL risk increases as well as to the rest of the knee.
But what do i know ive only been in the medical field 15 years and work at the top Orthopedic surgery hospital in Washington.

"It could have been worse for USC football and senior outside linebacker Porter Gustin. A lot worse.

Gustin has a torn meniscus in his left knee and will undergo surgery, head coach Clay Helton announced after Wednesday’s practice. But the tear is minor and will only keep the linebacker out between two to four weeks, five at the most."

In your 15 years everyone had the same exact tear? No one had one worse no one had one with a minor tear?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not according to what I read this morning. According to what the doctors told USC, it's 2-5 weeks. No offense, but I think I'll go with what the actual doctors treating him said.

If you have been in the medical field for 15 years and work at the top Orthopedic hospital in Washington...

then you also know the difference between a meniscus repair (recovery time of about 3 months) and meniscectomy (recovery time of about 3-4 weeks).

Based on the info we have right now, looks like it's a meniscectomy, not a meniscus repair.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because they haven't been doing this long enough to know how to keep it on the down low? :L

ANY contact with kids already under NLI is forbidden. So you expect the evidence that such contact happened to be available in some easy to browse fashion?

Connect the dots yourself man. Use your noodle.

Bama ends up losing 3 LB's since spring, one just days ago with an injury. They are rail thin at LB.

Kaho's family makes a public plea for his release citing how concerned they were for him and his health. He dropped 20 lbs, wasn't his happy self, suffered the loss of an aunt and uncle, his parents were going through a divorce they said. They "aren't even thinking about football right now" because it's just about him being closer to home and with family.

Coach petersen says after he released him that he needed to be closer to family and they get that. Meaning, something similar was said to him by Kaho himself.

Two days later. TWO DAYS he's signing with Bama and eligible to play right now.

Did he do this all on his own and only contact them to find out if they were interested 10 minutes before they said yes? Are you suggesting that's a real possibility? Because almost anything else is against the NCAA rules for contact.

He and his family lied to jump teams just before the season starts. It's despicable at the very core. Ale himself said to a reporter that he himself didn't know what was going on as this was happening. Which (if true given their already now bad track record of lying) means something was going on with his family and Bama. I'm not suggesting that is proof of some pay scheme and whatnot, but at a minimum I just can't create a scenario in my own head where this happens without impermissible contact between Bama and Kaho/his family.
You all still miss my point.
I want you to find evidence.
Please find evidence.
does it happen and they cover it well? yes
but in recent history has it gone down like this? not to my knowledge
because of that people dont look into it as much.
with this case looking so blatant i feel like the trail would be easier to find
Please find it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all still miss my point.
I want you to find evidence.
Please find evidence.
does it happen and they cover it well? yes
but in recent history has it gone down like this? not to my knowledge
because of that people dont look into it as much.
with this case looking so blatant i feel like the trail would be easier to find
Please find it.
I honestly don't see anything coming from it. Sooner or later Bama will discuss how this happened and will have some fairy tale story about the kid coming them begging to join them minutes after his release from UW or some such and that will be that.

So far bama fans are just calling UW fans cry babies and see nothing wrong with it. A few fans from other SEC teams would like to see something come of it, but doubt they raise pitchforks. The national media has reported the move, but haven't heard/read anything about the optics of this. It's just here that suspicions are being raised.

I really doubt the NCAA will do any real digging outside of maybe a phone call to Saban and a cursory "Yeah, that's what we thought, thanks" and file it away.

This kind of situation has to be rare. If I'm not mistaken the kid can do this without sitting out only because he never even took a snap of practice so he never consummated his role on the team. You can't go poaching kids that came into spring ball early and whatnot. His inability to join because he didn't have the credits to qualify are why we are here this late in the process.

Because it's nothing something that will become a new trend, there will be little appetite for this to be made into something big at the NCAA and most of the media doesn't give a shit about UW or Pac12 football so there won't be much of a stir from it to push the NCAA into doing something about it.

It's not going to go anywhere. It is what it is.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It could have been worse for USC football and senior outside linebacker Porter Gustin. A lot worse.

Gustin has a torn meniscus in his left knee and will undergo surgery, head coach Clay Helton announced after Wednesday’s practice. But the tear is minor and will only keep the linebacker out between two to four weeks, five at the most."

In your 15 years everyone had the same exact tear? No one had one worse no one had one with a minor tear?
did they remove the meniscus? or part of it? if thats that case then yeah a month or so but a repair no matter the severity will take longer than a month.

not to mention Gustin has played before he was 100% and it sidelined him longer because of it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't see anything coming from it. Sooner or later Bama will discuss how this happened and will have some fairy tale story about the kid coming them begging to join them minutes after his release from UW or some such and that will be that.

So far bama fans are just calling UW fans cry babies and see nothing wrong with it. A few fans from other SEC teams would like to see something come of it, but doubt they raise pitchforks. The national media has reported the move, but haven't heard/read anything about the optics of this. It's just here that suspicions are being raised.

I really doubt the NCAA will do any real digging outside of maybe a phone call to Saban and a cursory "Yeah, that's what we thought, thanks" and file it away.

This kind of situation has to be rare. If I'm not mistaken the kid can do this without sitting out only because he never even took a snap of practice so he never consummated his role on the team. You can't go poaching kids that came into spring ball early and whatnot. His inability to join because he didn't have the credits to qualify are why we are here this late in the process.

Because it's nothing something that will become a new trend, there will be little appetite for this to be made into something big at the NCAA and most of the media doesn't give a shit about UW or Pac12 football so there won't be much of a stir from it to push the NCAA into doing something about it.

USC has had a few case where the kid is academically ineligible to play and ends up at Arizona or Arizona State. This looks a little coordinated and very fishy but Bama doesn't care how things look so I doubt anything will happen.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NCAA no but how often do cases come to light because of them? its usually some reporter that reveals the real dirt. ask Urban

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did they remove the meniscus? or part of it? if thats that case then yeah a month or so but a repair no matter the severity will take longer than a month.

not to mention Gustin has played before he was 100% and it sidelined him longer because of it.

I dont even know if he's had the surgery . It's scheduled for today. But from what I've heard ( Dr. Klapper head of orthopedic surgery Cedars Sinai ) if it's a slight tear they can fix it and it's a 2-3 week wait .
His previous injury was a broken bone in his foot and yes he came back too early on that injury.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA no but how often do cases come to light because of them? its usually some reporter that reveals the real dirt. ask Urban
According to Ohio State fans anything a reporter finds about your team is fake news.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it would take something more than our local hacks to do the digging. There's no way Tosh and Saban haven't covered their tracks WELL. I wouldn't expect local reporters to have the kind of access to make something happen here and we are just a couple of weeks away from the start of the season. They are ALL buried in stories and projects that wouldn't give them that kind of time.

Now maybe if OSU would get their shit together and wrap this Meyer thing up McMurphy or one of his ilk would find that time. You know, kind of national hacks without a team to cover.

I just have no faith anything will come of this. None. At all. It's dirty as fuck, the optics are as bad as I've ever seen on something this blatant and open, and yet it won't bring on anything and they will fully get away with it. And they know it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Synder just signed a new 5 year deal with K-State. Ducks dodge a major bullet for now as they would lose DC Jim Levitt if Synder retired or was pushed out as the likely new HC there.

Ducks have finally nutted up and booked a set of home and aways with Boise St. 3 games. At Autzen 2024 and 2026, at Boise St. 2025. Its ages away, but still, solid booking for tPAC.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford with its' third O-line commit. Class now stands at 10.