• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw the Pac 12 first USC overcomes a 15 point half-time deficit to beat my PC team and then Oregon overcomes a 12 point hole to beat URI :suds: Pac 12 crushed my little Rhody dreams
March crushes dreams for all but 1.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the street is that Kobi Simmons is gone, Trier is likely to stay, and there is actually a slim chance Markannen returns for another year of school, which would be crazy. I can't imagine anything but a preseason #1 if we get the chance to team Lauri and Ayton together, so I'm going to spend a lot of time praying over the next few weeks

Just spitballin here, but if Trier stays do you think that fucks with us getting Bowen? I know Miller said he's not done with trying to get another guy for next year, but shit would get a little crowded.

If we have PJC, Trier, Alkins, Dusan, Comanche, Pinder, Denny, D. Smith, Ayton, Lee, Barcello, and Randolph, that's already 12 not counting Markkanen.

Crazy how that gives us 6 guards and 5 bigs with Denny as our only actual SF. So I guess we run 3-guard sets again next year for the most part if Bowen is out (if/because Trier stays).

Some variation of:

PJC/Barcello (?)
Trier/Randolph/Smith
Alkins/Denny
Lee/Comanche (or switched)/Pinder
Ayton/Dusan

Is this hypothetically what you're seeing as well?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just spitballin here, but if Trier stays do you think that fucks with us getting Bowen? I know Miller said he's not done with trying to get another guy for next year, but shit would get a little crowded.

If we have PJC, Trier, Alkins, Dusan, Comanche, Pinder, Denny, D. Smith, Ayton, Lee, Barcello, and Randolph, that's already 12 not counting Markkanen.

Crazy how that gives us 6 guards and 5 bigs with Denny as our only actual SF. So I guess we run 3-guard sets again next year for the most part if Bowen is out (if/because Trier stays).

Some variation of:

PJC/Barcello (?)
Trier/Randolph/Smith
Alkins/Denny
Lee/Comanche (or switched)/Pinder
Ayton/Dusan

Is this hypothetically what you're seeing as well?
Well first, there's no way Lee would start, or even get significant minutes next year. He's not ready or needed. Denny will only be offered a scholarship if he is the 13th man, but would be dropped if Miller brought in two more recruits IMO. I also don't think Barcello will be a significant freshman contributor either, but certainly hope I'm wrong on that one. Yes, I think Trier staying will mean no Bowen.

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Oregon. Very glad one of us made it and Brooks sure as hell deserves it

West coast basketball in general with a nice showing with Gonzaga making their first as well

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first, there's no way Lee would start, or even get significant minutes next year. He's not ready or needed. Denny will only be offered a scholarship if he is the 13th man, but would be dropped if Miller brought in two more recruits IMO. I also don't think Barcello will be a significant freshman contributor either, but certainly hope I'm wrong on that one. Yes, I think Trier staying will mean no Bowen.

Yeah I haven't seen too much of Lee but my expectations are low, that's why I thought that he starting could also be switched with Comanche. I guess I can't see both Dusan and Ayton starting but I guess if it's better than any other forward we have, maybe?

And I'm not suggesting that the depth chart would be his rotation. I expect him to trim it down to his usual 8 +/- depending on injuries and other personnel issues. I don't see Denny or Smith making the rotation, and I think that Barcello and Pinder are at the end (I guess with Lee with what you mentioned).

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I haven't seen too much of Lee but my expectations are low, that's why I thought that he starting could also be switched with Comanche. I guess I can't see both Dusan and Ayton starting but I guess if it's better than any other forward we have, maybe?

And I'm not suggesting that the depth chart would be his rotation. I expect him to trim it down to his usual 8 +/- depending on injuries and other personnel issues. I don't see Denny or Smith making the rotation, and I think that Barcello and Pinder are at the end (I guess with Lee with what you mentioned).
I am hoping Dusan goes to Europe. I love the kid's heart but he will never be able to score enough points to make up for his play on the defensive end. I want Chance full time.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping Dusan goes to Europe. I love the kid's heart but he will never be able to score enough points to make up for his play on the defensive end. I want Chance full time.

I hear ya. I've been going back and forth on Dusan this year. It's like he's the polar opposite in production from Zeus. And I'd argue that Dusan's defense is more of a liability in Miller's system than Zeus' offense. I agree that Dusan's offense is not going to make up for his defense, no matter how much I want to believe that it might. And although Zeus had hands of bricks, we missed his post defense so much. It's crazy how Dusan is offensively the best center Miller's had at AZ. And yet that doesn't mean much considering his defense.

I'm just hoping Comanche can improve in the offseason because our list of effective big men outside Ayton is pretty sketchy. We have Lee, Denny, Pinder, Comanche, and Dusan. Good news is that Comanche should be able to take a look around and see that starting PF is his for the taking if he can just take the decision away from Miller.

Otherwise, I think Miller starts both 7 footers with probably Ayton at PF(?) just because Dusan isn't versatile at all. Obvious problem is that it still doesn't solve the massive hole in the middle on defense.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis commits to Stanford. Big get for them.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Oregon for such a great season. Glad to have another banner in the conference and end the drought. Hell, two for the west is even better. Looking forward to next year to battle it out again!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Romar's recruiting ties I think this would be awesome.

Lorenzo Romar rumored to be candidate for Arizona’s coaching staff

Apparently, this is all but a done deal. AZ posted the job on the 3rd, so they have to wait until the 13th to announce. But AZ and Romar are in agreement to move forward together.

I think this would drastically help our stagnant offenses under Miller, and add a little boost to recruiting, especially in the PNW.

I'll miss Pasternack and wish him the best, but I'm pretty excited about this hire!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, this is all but a done deal. AZ posted the job on the 3rd, so they have to wait until the 13th to announce. But AZ and Romar are in agreement to move forward together.

I think this would drastically help our stagnant offenses under Miller, and add a little boost to recruiting, especially in the PNW.

I'll miss Pasternack and wish him the best, but I'm pretty excited about this hire!
wow thats awesome!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobi Simmons declares for draft and hires an agent. My guess is he's a late 2nd rounder or goes undrafted. Have fun in the D League.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobi Simmons declares for draft and hires an agent. My guess is he's a late 2nd rounder or goes undrafted. Have fun in the D League.

It's a shame when kids get such terrible advice. Talent's there, but discipline and accountability are not. I wish him the best of luck, but he seemed to have given up as soon as Trier came back. Not sure if it was the pressure of having to compete against Trier for minutes, or the frustration of thinking he already had his spot secured, but he fell off.

Based on his drop in production, and if he wants to go, then he should definitely go. Sucks because while Trier and PJC were out, he really did as much as we could have asked on offense. With improvements on defense, he would have been a strong asset next year, etc.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame when kids get such terrible advice. Talent's there, but discipline and accountability are not. I wish him the best of luck, but he seemed to have given up as soon as Trier came back. Not sure if it was the pressure of having to compete against Trier for minutes, or the frustration of thinking he already had his spot secured, but he fell off.

Based on his drop in production, and if he wants to go, then he should definitely go. Sucks because while Trier and PJC were out, he really did as much as we could have asked on offense. With improvements on defense, he would have been a strong asset next year, etc.

My general rule of thumb is that if a kid thinks he's a 2nd rounder but can't really improve his stock, then leaving can be a wise decision even if you're playing in the D League for 50K-70K a year. For me Briscoe of UK would fit into the category for me. I feel like Simmons has enough talent to improve his stock because he has NBA attributes(size, length, athleticism), but just needs a little seasoning. I'm wondering if he had his mind made up the whole time no matter how this season turned out.