• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to both Oregon and Arizona for splitting the PAC Conference title this year.

Well done! :suds:

My Bruins lost any chance on winning the title by losing out on all three of these scenarios:
  1. Missing the front end for the tie or making the pair of FT to close out in Oregon would have at least pushed to OT or gave Oregon no chance to win the game like they did.
  2. Failing to protect home court in Pauley vs Arizona. Alford took responsibility for the loss due to his rotation choices.
  3. Losing to their rivals in the Galen Center. SC was good this year, but this Bruins team should have been able to sweep the Trojans this year. Again Alford took responsibility for the loss due to his rotation choices once again. The SC game followed the Zona game, and Alford ran similar rotations by sitting the bigs more than he thought he should have in his hindsight.
Any one of those circumstances go their way, and they at least get a share of the Conference title, more than one and they win it out right. That's just how close it was this year in the PAC, and for these three teams.

It's going to be an interesting PAC Tourney for sure, and I for one can't wait...

BTW - I really wonder which school takes the Conference title this year if Arizona and Oregon played in Arizona this year as well?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to both Oregon and Arizona for splitting the PAC Conference title this year.

Well done! :suds:

My Bruins lost any chance on winning the title by losing out on all three of these scenarios:
  1. Missing the front end for the tie or making the pair of FT to close out in Oregon would have at least pushed to OT or gave Oregon no chance to win the game like they did.
  2. Failing to protect home court in Pauley vs Arizona. Alford took responsibility for the loss due to his rotation choices.
  3. Losing to their rivals in the Galen Center. SC was good this year, but this Bruins team should have been able to sweep the Trojans this year. Again Alford took responsibility for the loss due to his rotation choices once again. The SC game followed the Zona game, and Alford ran similar rotations by sitting the bigs more than he thought he should have in his hindsight.
Any one of those circumstances go their way, and they at least get a share of the Conference title, more than one and they win it out right. That's just how close it was this year in the PAC, and for these three teams.

It's going to be an interesting PAC Tourney for sure, and I for one can't wait...

BTW - I really wonder which school takes the Conference title this year if Arizona and Oregon played in Arizona this year as well?

Good analysis. Congrats to UCLA on a solid year. Looking forward to the conference tourney and UCLA repping the Pac in the dance. I'll be rooting for ya!

With regard to your last question, I think the way we showed up to Oregon, we'd have still lost that game by 20. Had we showed up to play our best basketball that day, I still think Oregon wins that game 7/10 times. Had the game been played in McKale, I think Oregon wins that game 5/10 times. I think Oregon wins 6/10 times in Vegas.

I think Oregon still wins. I think they are slightly the better team on average. That being said, I think our biggest fault was losing to UCLA in McKale. I think we win that game 7/10 times. That game wasn't lost at the end, it was lost be letting UCLA get a couple/few more putbacks/2nd chance points that we should have.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good analysis. Congrats to UCLA on a solid year. Looking forward to the conference tourney and UCLA repping the Pac in the dance. I'll be rooting for ya!

With regard to your last question, I think the way we showed up to Oregon, we'd have still lost that game by 20. Had we showed up to play our best basketball that day, I still think Oregon wins that game 7/10 times. Had the game been played in McKale, I think Oregon wins that game 5/10 times. I think Oregon wins 6/10 times in Vegas.

I think Oregon still wins. I think they are slightly the better team on average. That being said, I think our biggest fault was losing to UCLA in McKale. I think we win that game 7/10 times. That game wasn't lost at the end, it was lost be letting UCLA get a couple/few more putbacks/2nd chance points that we should have.
What kills me about the Ducks is how bad they are at hitting FT's down the stretch. If I were a coach if your anyone that shot below 70%would be shooting them granny.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where are all the Wildcat fans?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado gave your boys all they could handle in the first half, but Zona's been taking care of business here to start the second.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's official....

If Oregon beats Cal tomorrow, the Bruins will have to beat the only three teams that beat them this year on three consecutive nights to win the PAC12 Tourney.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's official....

If Oregon beats Cal tomorrow, the Bruins will have to beat the only three teams that beat them this year on three consecutive nights to win the PAC12 Tourney.
Nahhh, nobody wants that...

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I will say that I would root for UCLA if they beat us tonight. I think it's the most likeable team they have ever had (besides Bryce, obviously... And Lonzo's daddy). Plus I absolutely hate Dillon Brooks. Both because of the match-up problem he causes and because he jaws after making threes when the score is 6-3 two minutes into the game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I will say that I would root for UCLA if they beat us tonight. I think it's the most likeable team they have ever had (besides Bryce, obviously... And Lonzo's daddy). Plus I absolutely hate Dillon Brooks. Both because of the match-up problem he causes and because he jaws after making threes when the score is 6-3 two minutes into the game.
Same here, I'll be pulling for the Cats myself if you guys get past us, I think a lot of Sean Miller and you guys got a good one to follow the great Lute Olson. I'll borrow a line form Bill Walton: Are you old enough to remember Lute Olson taking Long Beach State to #3 in the Country only behind Bill Walton's Bruins and the North Carolina Tar Heels? Man that dude was a phenomenal basketball mind, probably still is at 82! Come on, Long Beach State?!?!!! And a hard act to follow, so that is why I have much respect for Sean.

I still don't understand the dislike for Bryce Alford. The dude is the pure Coaches son who can flat out ball. He just passed Jason Kapono as the all time 3 point leader at UCLA, and is 5th on the all time scoring list at UCLA. Those who say he doesn't belong on the court, and he's just there to this day just because of his Dad, are not following along very well, and I've heard that said many times outside the Hoop.

Here's a fun read about the two from Bryce's point of view.

The Name on the Front | The Players' Tribune

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to tip my hat to you PAC 12 guys who listened to Bill Walton all year long. Man he's bad

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to tip my hat to you PAC 12 guys who listened to Bill Walton all year long. Man he's bad

He's actually great once you get used to him. Dude is hilarious.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, this is it. Rooting for the Pac until we play each other. I think the Pac can do a lot of damage and I'm hoping for it. I think that UCLA will run a lot of teams into the ground that didn't have the ability to face them in conference. Their offense will punch a lot of teams in the mouth. If they can keep up the defense, they can put a dent in their region. Same with Oregon. I don't think we win last night if Boucher plays, but we still had to beat a very solid team and a well-manufactured comeback. I think Oregon can do at least as well as last year, even without Boucher. And I think USC can beat a better team that overlooks them.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually great once you get used to him. Dude is hilarious.

Couldn't disagree more.

Is he funny? From time to time, sure… but dude is annoying when it's a game you actually care about. He's better suited to be a comedian than broadcaster.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't disagree more.

Is he funny? From time to time, sure… but dude is annoying when it's a game you actually care about. He's better suited to be a comedian than broadcaster.

There are sometimes that he has some really good insight and I can learn a great deal from him. The other 60% (perhaps generous) of the time I'm stuck learning about something completely meaningless to the event I'm trying to watch. The key to what you wrote is "when it's a game you actually care about." I want to know everything about the two teams playing, and how the game is going. If he wants, talk about other teams in the conference or those that matter. But keep it on college basketball for fuck's sake. If I want to know about Linda Ronstadt 2nd album, or looking for an interesting book to read, I'll look for that elsewhere. When I turn on a basketball game (and especially the Cats or P12), I want to know about fucking basketball. Dude has all the knowledge in the world about basketball, and yet when he's calling a game it's like he wants to talk about everything except the game being played right in front of him.

If Walton wants to talk about some other bullshit he should start a podcast.

My favorite CBB announcer of all time was Coach Knight. He was pretty dry, but all he did was talk basketball. He talked about coaching theory. It was like a film session, and I loved it. I learned so much.

I rarely remember anything useful he said after a Walton-announced game.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would like to see the Suns pick up Ball. Booker and Ball gives the whole name of BBall in the game.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz > Ball

I want Josh Jackson the most tho as far as fitting the team goes. His defense is something we desperately need.
Your greater than comparison can be argued. I am impressed with Fultz alike. OK, BF ball.