• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

P.J. Tucker arrested for 'super extreme' DUI

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While researching John Abraham's DUI arrest, I stumbled upon this tidbit.
Paul Coro, azcentral sports 5:26 p.m. MST July 28, 2014
1406591975000-suns.jpg

(Photo: Scottsdale Police Department)

Phoenix Suns player P.J. Tucker was arrested for "super extreme DUI" in May by Scottsdale police.

Tucker's blood alcohol content registered at .201 on a preliminary breath test in the field on May 10, according to Scottsdale police. A driver is considered legally drunk for a DUI charge in Arizona at .08 blood-alcohol content. A blood test administered after Tucker was taken to jail and later analyzed by Arizona DPS showed his blood alcohol-content to be .222, according to the police report. A super extreme DUI is .20 or more.

A Scottsdale police officer reported spotting Tucker, 29, driving his 2011 Mercedes-Benz slowly through a stop sign at North Buckboard Trail and East Camelback Road, near a popular downtown Scottsdale nightlife area. According to the report, the vehicle ran that stop sign northbound at about 12:30 a.m., turned wide left into the right lane on westbound Camelback and turned wide again while straddling two lanes on northbound Scottsdale Road before the officer pulled the vehicle over.

Tucker had "thick and slurred" speech and "watery and bloodshot" eyes, according to the report, and the officer detected a "powerful" alcohol odor as he interviewed Tucker. Tucker told the officer that he was coming from the W Scottsdale Hotel, where he had one beer. During a walk-and-turn test, Tucker stumbled to the side and caught himself on a construction fence, the report stated.

Tucker was cited for a stop sign violation and four counts for varying degrees of DUI charges, including a regular DUI (.08 blood alcohol content or greater) and an extreme DUI (.15 blood alcohol content or greater). The most severe of the counts was a super extreme DUI charge that carries a minimum 45-day sentence. If prosecuted for super extreme DUI, that would carry a minimum 45-day jail sentence, although it can be reduced significantly by installation of an ignition interlock device and home arrest.

Last week, Tucker signed a three-year, $16.5 million contract ($12.7 million guaranteed) with the Suns. The Suns were aware of the charges before signing Tucker to his deal. He was a restricted free agent before agreeing to the deal with Phoenix, where he emerged on NBA minimum salaries over the past two seasons after working his way back to the NBA through success in European leagues. He became a regular starter for the Suns last season and was an on- and off-court leader. He averaged 9.4 points and 6.5 rebounds last season while serving as the team's top defender, an improved 3-point shooter and a repeat winner of the Dan Majerle Hustle Award.
The Suns declined comment until the case is resolved in court.
Stupidity at it's finest. Seriously, there is no excuse for anyone to be that drunk & drive. I can see being slightly over the limit, but to be this far over the limit, you are one stupid motherfucker.

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While researching John Abraham's DUI arrest, I stumbled upon this tidbit.
Stupidity at it's finest. Seriously, there is no excuse for anyone to be that drunk & drive. I can see being slightly over the limit, but to be this far over the limit, you are one stupid motherfucker.

REally no reason for an athlete with all those "friends" and all that cab money to be doing stupid shit like this. Hell, I'd hae a chauffeur if I was making just a million a year. I hate driving, I'd never do it again...sober or drunk.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admittedly drove pretty plastered once, easily the dumbest thing I have ever done, someone was watching over me that night and I learned my lesson.

It's even worse for athletes though. Teams have their own services for this. Hell anyone in Phoenix area would drive him home in a heartbeat.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand why professional athletes get DUI's. You have millions of dollars.... is a cab really out of your budget? :L

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offseason training at its finest.

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How sad but absolutely no excuse for that

azsportsman6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you guys imagine how much it takes to get 6'6 230 Pj Tucker drunk?:lol:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know what beer that was and buy a 30 pack of it.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eyes look pretty white to me. The portable bt they gave him at the scene means nothing. Those things are shit. I can take 2 squirts of breath spray right now, blow into it, and blow a .25. Not exaggerating.

The .222 on the official test is problematic to say the least. But, cop said he had bad eyes - and he didn't. He says he only had 1 beer - and we have a .222.

His lawyers better check into that machine hardcore. If it's legit, get him treatment and work something out. If it's not, well.....