• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over/Under For Tiger Woods Today At Torrey

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa for a second I thought it was Thursday and Woods was teeing off at Pebble.
:L I was thinking no way..

How is it weird? They asked him what was wrong and he told them. There's a
disconnect between the lower body and the upper body on his downswing and the
glute is a massive muscle. His body can't take the coil anymore and it's
breaking down. The reason he's screwed is because he's not the type of golfer
that's going to beat guys with experience because he's been playing power golf
his entire life and his body can't take it anymore.
I agree with some of this as far as his golf swing, but him having the yips on his chips has nothing to do with anything physical. When you chip correctly, there are absolutely no moving parts in your lower body. Minimal movement. Chipping is a feel shot more than a swing.

I'm 38 and played a lot of golf in my life. Was a club pro, mini tours, etc.. I don't have 2 massage therapists and a trainer on staff to help me stretch. My back/hip can start hurting, but I can still get it around and shoot Even or better every now and then. My back usually tightens up 2 hours after I play.

This is between Tiger's ears.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, the glute excuse is the first one I have ever heard from any golfer ever. I can see lower back or hammies cuz they are connected.. But the glute?

That's from too much fuckin. I though I pulled a glute in my 20's.. She was a redhead

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, the glute excuse is the first one I have ever heard from any golfer ever. I can see lower back or hammies cuz they are connected.. But the glute?

That's from too much fuckin. I though I pulled a glute in my 20's.. She was a redhead

Tiger shot his wad on those pron queens.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh man, I laughed so hard I started crying. That made my day.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with some of this as far as his golf swing, but him having the yips on his chips has nothing to do with anything physical. When you chip correctly, there are absolutely no moving parts in your lower body. Minimal movement. Chipping is a feel shot more than a swing.

I'm 38 and played a lot of golf in my life. Was a club pro, mini tours, etc.. I don't have 2 massage therapists and a trainer on staff to help me stretch. My back/hip can start hurting, but I can still get it around and shoot Even or better every now and then. My back usually tightens up 2 hours after I play.

I'm really hesitant about arguing with someone who knows more about the game than me (I play 3-4 days a week in the summer time) but I think you're wrong to an extent about the yips thing. While other parts of his game may be breaking down, the horrible play off tee and on the approach are magnifying them. What's between his ears is that he doesn't go out there just to make cuts. He goes out there to win every tournament and there's some young guys that play really long that he has to contend with. Maybe if he could channel some Jim Furyk into himself with great course management and precision play he'd be able to squeak out some wins. But that's just not his game. He played this way his entire life and doesn't know how to approach it any differently.

As far as the but cheek talk goes, I just found it funny because when I go bad it's for the same reason. I got to push that right cheek through the ball to get things going until my body feels wired up again. I'm not saying my game is something to brag about but it was comforting to hear a tour player have the same issue.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh, sure. Notice how the other 72 players who all experienced the same fog delay that Woods did didn't have problems with their "glutes firing" thus hurting their backs? Notice how none of them dropped out of the tournament because they were playing like shit? Funny how Woods was the only one who experienced that nonsense.

I know you want to hate on the guy, but how many of those players built a game to stand over a ball in the bunker 210+ from the pin in a bunker and decided to pull out a 6 iron and take the ball over a water hazard like he did in the 2000 Canadian open? That's the best shot I've ever seen. You can talk about the "other guys" all you want but he built a game to be the best ever and he almost got there. And I'm not a fan of the guy either. I think he's a surly douchebag but there's no touching what he accomplished on the tour.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're wrong to an extent about the yips thing. While other
parts of his game may be breaking down, the horrible play off tee and on the
approach are magnifying them. What's between his ears is that he doesn't go out
there just to make cuts. He goes out there to win every tournament
First off, no argument here bro.. I can tell you the game of golf is 100% mental. There are many ways you can make a par no matter what skill set you bring to the table. Over swinging and hitting drives 30-40 yards off line is one thing. Skulling or chunking chips consistently as a professional can only mean 1 thing: mentally he's got something bugging him.

Woods was a great player, but he's lacking common sense right now or is lacking what his identity really is. He needs to take off the superman suit and turn into Eldrick. I said that on another thread... Freddy, VJ, Ernie Els all tore it up in their late 30's/early 40's. Why? All smooth as silk golf swings. Even Phil is smooth, but can still go after it and look at his short game. Short game is all touch, it really has nothing to do with a golf swing until you get into shots over 30-40 yards.

I took my CEO out yesterday to practice chipping. He literally came into my office yesterday morning and told me he needed help. He's right handed (15-17 handicap) and was scooping (breaking his right wrist too much and too soon) every chip shot. Skulling/chunking. Hell he looked like Tiger. Finally I had him slow his takeaway down (control) and not break wrists - it helped a bit. Next, I told him to take the right hand off the club and chip left hand only, while not breaking his wrist... Slow takeaway, pause in the transition.. HE WAS CHIPPING BETTER WITH 1 HAND than with his dominant hand on the club. Then after a bit, I had him go back to 2 hands - but had him control most of the club with the left hand.. WALLAH. Massive improvement. Pretty funny to see a millionaire humbled.

Point is, Tiger knows all of this and then some. But he's either too engulfed in his own "image" of being Tiger, while being stupid and disregarding the fundamentals that got him where he is or he's just not into playing golf anymore. His head is somewhere else.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine being 19, on tour, and all the old guys are looking at you like, "I got to compete with this"?!!

Imagine your name was Tiger and the media was drooling over you.

Imagine having an asshole, military Dad that hardly ever smiled and was on your ass a lot.

Imagine winning that many tourneys that young and never really being humbled.

Now imagine how big of an ego you would have. Imagine trying to be "Tiger" and rip it at 39 with these young guns on tour now.

It has nothing to do with his body. His body is not breaking down, sorry I call Bullshit on that. Those guys get massages everyday I would bet. Tiger is just older and he hasn't accepted that yet.

Hell I cant hit it 315 anymore. My swingspeed isn't a lot different, I just play less and don't care. But I'm wiser and can still hit it 280-290, my irons are good and if ever do practice, it's ALL short game. That's good enough for me to shoot par some and sometimes go low. Sometimes I shoot 74-77 too. It happens.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hesitant about arguing with someone who knows more about the game than me (I play 3-4 days a week in the summer time) but I think you're wrong to an extent about the yips thing. While other parts of his game may be breaking down, the horrible play off tee and on the approach are magnifying them. What's between his ears is that he doesn't go out there just to make cuts. He goes out there to win every tournament and there's some young guys that play really long that he has to contend with. Maybe if he could channel some Jim Furyk into himself with great course management and precision play he'd be able to squeak out some wins. But that's just not his game. He played this way his entire life and doesn't know how to approach it any differently.

As far as the but cheek talk goes, I just found it funny because when I go bad it's for the same reason. I got to push that right cheek through the ball to get things going until my body feels wired up again. I'm not saying my game is something to brag about but it was comforting to hear a tour player have the same issue.

That chokin' dog is the last guy he'd want to channel in my opinion.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you want to hate on the guy, but how many of those players built a game to stand over a ball in the bunker 210+ from the pin in a bunker and decided to pull out a 6 iron and take the ball over a water hazard like he did in the 2000 Canadian open? That's the best shot I've ever seen. You can talk about the "other guys" all you want but he built a game to be the best ever and he almost got there. And I'm not a fan of the guy either. I think he's a surly douchebag but there's no touching what he accomplished on the tour.

No argument there. It still does not excuse the phoney injury excuses he comes up with every time his game goes to shit. You are correct though, I cannnot stand the a-hole and am happy to see karma come back and bite him in the butt

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why he never went with this guy for his new swing instructor.:noidea:

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument there. It still does not excuse the phoney injury excuses he comes up with every time his game goes to shit. You are correct though, I cannnot stand the a-hole and am happy to see karma come back and bite him in the butt

You have just diagnosed the problem with the glutes. Too much bad karma. :whistle:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You're not being the ball Danny"

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Injuries...idt he's faking anything or using them as excuses...he's physically falling apart.

Short game...I think he's spent some much time trying to find a swing that he no longer has a tour level short game and it shows under tourney pressure.

Competition...quite frankly...these guys are better than what Tiger faced in his prime...all the key guys (Els, DL3, etc.) all seemed to concede to Tiger...all but Vjay that is.

I didn't think so at first, but this has the potential to be like Ali or Chamberlin hanging on too long.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not faking injuries... And now it's his Glutes? :L

Short game as I said, has little to do with a golf swing until you get to 30-40 yard shots. A chip/pitch shot is all arms, taking the club back 15-20 inches max. Flop shot isn't that hard to hit if you are a professional. It's a flop shot. Not a swing you try to put on a 7iron from 160 out.

If you don't believe me.. Go read what Hank Haney said. This a problem at the bottom of Tiger's swing. That's the release. Tiger has hands jumping in the last seconds of impact, when it should be mostly arms extending through the ball with hands releasing after.

Those hands getting jumpy = yippers

We will have to disagree my man.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That chokin' dog is the last guy he'd want to channel in my opinion.

I wouldn't call him a choker. The course just plays longer for him and he can't hold up for 4 rounds of golf. Even with the failures on Sunday last season he was still one of the most consistent players on the tour.