• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Outdoor games official: Pens/Caps Flames/Canadiens

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL can have a Superbowl in New York in February, why can't the NHL have a winter classic in a warm weather climate?

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL can have a Superbowl in New York in February, why can't the NHL have a winter classic in a warm weather climate?

Umm, ICE? I'm sure 50-55 degree weather would be great to watch the game in, but keeping the ice really cold and not puddling may be tough at those temps. Not to mention the effect of warmer weather on the players. It sure would suck if it rained too

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should upload some of the pics I took of the Winter Classic game in Buffalo against the Pens someday.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should upload some of the pics I took of the Winter Classic game in Buffalo against the Pens someday.

I didn't know you went to the game IPW. I wanted to but had prior arrangements with company from out of town.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know you went to the game IPW. I wanted to but had prior arrangements with company from out of town.

Hell yeah I went.

The whole thing was amazing, and just one long party. I was even drinking in the parking lot with some Pens fans. Ofcourse we were also busting their balls at the same time. :)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard bruce dowbiggin on the radio say flames want to hold the game in banff

That would be amazing.

If the bc lions of the cfl can construct a temporary 28000 seat stadium in 3 months a game in banff is doable

Expensive ... But doable

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet. Well, I'll be in Pittsburgh on New Year's Day in 2011. :)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you're getting tickets, think of your dear friend pix.

Lol, well I have no money right now either, but I will be at that game. No way I'm going to miss it. We have enough Caps' fans (some in Pitt) and Pens' fans on here, maybe we can put something together.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Umm, ICE? I'm sure 50-55 degree weather would be great to watch the game in, but keeping the ice really cold and not puddling may be tough at those temps. Not to mention the effect of warmer weather on the players. It sure would suck if it rained too

didn't the AHL do one in Vegas a few years ago?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, well I have no money right now either, but I will be at that game. No way I'm going to miss it. We have enough Caps' fans (some in Pitt) and Pens' fans on here, maybe we can put something together.

we should see who's holding out on us on here...who makes more money than they let on??? SHOW YOURSELVES! i mean, i still don't have a job (and i've applied at the easy places like McD's...) but i'll save up to go to this. just need someone to block off some seats ya know...buy up a billion. hah.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gagne, what did you have to shell out? not to be personal, just interested. i wanna know just how bad this can get. though heinz is a bit bigger than fenway...so that'll help.

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gagne, what did you have to shell out? not to be personal, just interested. i wanna know just how bad this can get. though heinz is a bit bigger than fenway...so that'll help.

Funny story - well, not really funny but...

I originally shelled out $275 (per ticket), but it was a last-minute decision, so I didn't buy them until after the Classic was already sold out; went online and found a broker, and thought, "well $275 isn't too bad."

Turns out the tickets were reprints. Got frauded. AND I travelled 3,000 miles (with my girlfriend) for the event. Unfortunately, the people at the Fenway Booth were unsympathetic. So for about an hour, it looked like we weren't getting in. Needless to say, I was pretty upset.

Well, my girlfriend decided to go down to the ACE ticket shop - right down the street from Fenway - just to see if any tickets became available at the last second...and we were in luck. She ended up taking a hit of about a thousand dollars on her credit card, and I love her for that. Haha. I paid her back right away, and obviously we got refunded for the original frauded tickets.

Moral of the story, buy early. :p