• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

our press corp

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Dianna Russini and Adam Schefter
High-ranking Washington Redskins front office officials and coaches want to move on from quarterback Robert Griffin III, but are meeting resistance from team ownership, per team and league sources.

The Redskins even have had trade conversations about Griffin with a handful of NFL teams, per sources, but have found no interest and it remains unclear if ownership would allow Washington to trade him, per team and league sources.

But it is becoming increasingly apparent that Griffin has lost his starting quarterback job and, depending on the events and conversations in the coming days, possibly his roster spot. Outside of ownership, there has been a groundswell of support from a strong segment of football people within the organization to change quarterbacks, but there is a question about whether they have the authority to move on from Griffin.

Redskins general manager Scot McCloughan was hired this past offseason to build and rebuild the team, so he looms as a possible "X" factor in any big personnel decision that involves Griffin as teams trim their rosters from 90 to 53 players over the next week. McCloughan's ability to produce a resolution that all sides can live with now looms large.

One of the main issues now for the Redskins and other teams is Griffin's contract, which is guaranteed for $16.1 million in 2016 for injury only. When the Redskins announced they picked up the fifth-year option in Griffin's contract in April, many expected it to tie him to the franchise through 2016. Instead, it has had the opposite effect.

Washington knows that if it plays Griffin again -- and the NFL still has not cleared him to return from action from a recent concussion -- the Redskins cannot cut an injured player. In addition Washington risks him being hurt and having that $16.1 million for next season guaranteed. The same contract figure has helped scare off any teams that could potentially have any interest in trading for Griffin.

But even if ownership prevails and convinces other football people within the organization to keep Griffin, he is not expected to hold on to his starting quarterback job. The Redskins are determined to start a different quarterback than Griffin on opening day against the Miami Dolphins, and Griffin's time as the starter now appears over. The more significant question is whether his time in Washington also is.

Information from ESPN senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen contributed to this report.

they just throw shit up against the wall and hope it sticks . yesterday it was a done deal Rg3 sits now back tracking

i get fed up with this crap

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very fatiguing. And very irritating. It's not that there isn't some truths to the article, but the constant spin for maximum lol skins drama is frustrating. Sadly, we perpetuate the perception with inept blunders.

Having Schefty attached to that report means that narrative won't go away.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the worst. They report on what others have reported as speculation, but the story gets recycled so many times that it starts to appear as fact. Shameless....

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this on rotoworld.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Redskins "front office officials and coaches" want to move on from Robert Griffin III, but are "meeting resistance from team ownership."

It's no secret owner Dan Snyder played a major role in spoiling RG3, resulting in clashes with both the Shanahan and Gruden coaching staffs. It now sounds like GM Scot McCloughan is on board with cutting ties on Griffin, but Snyder isn't letting the move happen. Schefter reports the Skins have gone so far as to shop RG3 on the trade market, "but have found no interest." A split between the Redskins' organization and Griffin seems imminent.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean Rg3 has to pass his concussion tests before we can cut him?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if that is the case then he should be here for another two weeks until he passes the test. Then when they cut him they don't owe him anything. Right?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but I'm not familiar with the specific terms of his contract. He may still be owed some guaranteed money, but I doubt it.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are guilty here on the forum too. Look at some of the threads started the past couple of days.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are guilty here on the forum too. Look at some of the threads started the past couple of days.

we can be guilty on the forum we arent reporters we are analysts in this role

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we cut 3 after june 1 we take a 6.7 mil cap hit for one year or we can spread it over 2 years

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can be guilty on the forum we arent reporters we are analysts in this role

Someone is talking to Shefter, Mort etc. They aren't just throwing that out without hearing something. What we do not know is who said it and most of all if they have any power to do anything about it. My guess is it is someone who has no impact on what happens.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is talking to Shefter, Mort etc. They aren't just throwing that out without hearing something. What we do not know is who said it and most of all if they have any power to do anything about it. My guess is it is someone who has no impact on what happens.

i have had this position since you have known me , man up and give your name or shut up . if you cant give your name then i question you

please take that as bitching at the "sources " and not you sportster

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying it. Who in the know would talk to the press about such a sensitive subject? And only a few people in the organization would know the specifics of the discussion. I think it's pure speculation at this point. I'm no rg3 fan anymore, but the skins would gain nothing by cutting rg3 at this point.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no rg3 fan anymore, but the skins would gain nothing by cutting rg3 at this point.

Getting his coddled, can't STFU, ass off the team in and of itself would be a good things and a good start imo.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting his coddled, can't STFU, ass off the team in and of itself would be a good things and a good start imo.
Oh, I get that. But there are going to be QBs injured in this league. There will be value to be had. It may not be a lot, but if we decide to part ways, keeping him on ice for a few weeks could result in a mid round pick if someone is desperate enough.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is seriously wrong with some of you on this board......yeah I said it, and, just in case you missed it....something is seriously wrong with some of you on this board!! Dan Snyder is not known for his reluctance to sue publications for false or perceived slanderous reporting, he's done it before.

Just because you don't like the report or use lame reasons, such as no name attached to it, doesn't mean that there is no truth to it. Granted the idea is to sell copy, so some embellishment will happen, but there just can't possibly be any way to disregard the entire report on the basis mentioned above. Reporters are known to have sources that for whatever reasons wish to remain unnamed and if you choose to not like the report just say so. You don't like or trust the media, that's fine too, but be consistent, don't like or trust those that report stories that agree with your sentiments.

To me action speaks louder than words, if Snyder is not suing, and the communication mogul doesn't feel the need to use his outlets as a means to debunk the reports, then he and his dysfunctional organization should wear the title proudly! ! For me, like everyone else I'll read the reports and attempt to put them in some sort of perspective.........until I'm given something else, that perspective will be one based on the only thing that he has consistently given me as a follower.............dysfunction!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but I'm not familiar with the specific terms of his contract. He may still be owed some guaranteed money, but I doubt it.

Doesnt matter if we cut him, or keep him. He will count 6,719,713 against the cap. If we trade him how ever we only take half that against the cap. The problem is we picked up the option which means if he is traded, it goes to the team that takes over his deal. If that team plays him and he gets hurt, they eat that $16 million.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt matter if we cut him, or keep him. He will count 6,719,713 against the cap. If we trade him how ever we only take half that against the cap. The problem is we picked up the option which means if he is traded, it goes to the team that takes over his deal. If that team plays him and he gets hurt, they eat that $16 million.
That makes trading him tough unless he agrees to renegotiate. He might be willing to do that just to get out of here.