• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Post LT era QB

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at his film, TJ is MUCH more mobile and physical than Glennon. he is built a lot more like Tebow than Glennon was and will lower his shoulder and run people over when needed.

Very good to hear. Anything that puts a little ease on the O-line is good, especially since that is my major concern for the future.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at his film, TJ is MUCH more mobile and physical than Glennon. he is built a lot more like Tebow than Glennon was and will lower his shoulder and run people over when needed.

But do his tears have healing power?:bolt:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

^ this, Im not going to call myself a glennon hater because i spent a lot of years defending the man, but to be honest i can also name a lot of his traits that i hope we never see in another VT QB.

- Seemed to really have major mental breakdowns during tough games.
- had no awareness in the pocket.
- had a tendency to lose the football.
- Said a lot of things to the media that should have stayed in the locker room.

in contrast:

- Physically he was a tough S.O.B. ( he had to be to survive)
- When (rarely) given time was accurate and on time with the football
- (as already mentioned) He gave it 100% even when being pulled from the bench. I dont know how many former starters would have done that.
- and hell i gotta give it to the guy for sticking it out after all the criticism and being passed on the depth chart.

I do wish him well though, and i dont think people should still be harassing him. BTW: i think this might be the article VTp (i think) was talking about:Former Tech QB still target of anonymous rants - Roanoke.com

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we are looking way way too far ahead but I didn't see anyone mention Bucky Hodges (Class of '13 -- 757) I know he is said to be highly touted and courted by UVA as well as others but we offered him when he was like a soph or frosh and should have as good a chance as any. I think he is more of a LT type guy?? 757 could give us some insight into his abilities I am sure..

As far as Millweard is concerned, I am very excited but share the same thoughts as many of you guys. How will he do in our system, what if our line continues to be subpar?? It will be interesting to see us making the change to that kind of quarterback. Another thought, you guys have much better sources than I do. What if a Texas, A&M, or TCU comes knocking. Sounds like he is a good kid, but if that happens it wouldn't shock me to see a decommit...

BdozerVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually think we will get a very good idea of how a pocket passer performs this year. We should see a lot less scrambling out of LT with his added height. I am guessing most of the time we see him run will be on designed draw plays...or in those moments where the O-line creates a lane and he has 15 yards of space in front of him with no one open down field...or maybe some play action roll outs...

Ok so maybe LT will run a bit but we will still get to see him sit in the pocket too since he won't have to scramble for viewing lanes like Tyrod did.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I know we are looking way way too far ahead but I didn't see anyone mention Bucky Hodges (Class of '13 -- 757) I know he is said to be highly touted and courted by UVA as well as others but we offered him when he was like a soph or frosh and should have as good a chance as any. I think he is more of a LT type guy?? 757 could give us some insight into his abilities I am sure..

As far as Millweard is concerned, I am very excited but share the same thoughts as many of you guys. How will he do in our system, what if our line continues to be subpar?? It will be interesting to see us making the change to that kind of quarterback. Another thought, you guys have much better sources than I do. What if a Texas, A&M, or TCU comes knocking. Sounds like he is a good kid, but if that happens it wouldn't shock me to see a decommit...

Not 46 but i have said all along that how LT performs may play a big impact into hodges recruitment. IMO these are two very similar athletes, both have big arms, big bodies, and the ability to run when needed. I think bucky may have a step or two on LT as far as speed, but is very very similar. As i've also said all along VT is in great shape for hodges but he is going to be a national recruit and will most likely have 30+ offers, so only time will tell. FWIW uva seems to be more or at least equally interested in another VA QB in that class (name escapes me).