• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OU Wide Reciever Franks suspended

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link

Not sure why but probably failing a class or drug test fail. We are loaded though at WR so the next guy will just step up.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Roy Finch at RB? Did he simply get beat out and is buried on the depth chart?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Roy Finch at RB? Did he simply get beat out and is buried on the depth chart?

He is the back up.

Clay or Whaley have been listed as the starter since week 1.

Finch is #2 on the depth chart. he will get some touches.

OU is going with a 2 back set again this year like in 2008 when we had two 1k+ yard rushers. Back in 2008 the #2 Madu got 117 touches.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why Finch isn't getting 15-20 carries a game. That kid was absolutely unstoppable when he got the ball last year.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why Finch isn't getting 15-20 carries a game. That kid was absolutely unstoppable when he got the ball last year.

I'm impressed with Clay and Whaley thus far. No complaints from me.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed with Clay and Whaley thus far. No complaints from me.

Those guys can be impressive.....but Finch is a weapon.

Look at Texas......they get every weapon they have involved in the offense. Whether you believe this or not, you're going to have a hard time game planning on defense for them.

Case McCoy starts the game at quarterback. David Ash plays. A lot. Jaxon Shipley throws a touchdown pass. John Harris throws a TD pass. Fozzy Whittaker takes a turn at quarterback, too.

But wait, there's more. Malcolm Brown starts at running back.

Whittaker rushes for two touchdowns. Shipley has a run.

Marquis Goodwin, a guy who wasn't playing football two weeks ago, carries three times for 33 yards. Joe Bergeron gets five carries. Cody Johnson has six. And D.J. Monroe has two.

OK, take a breath, let's move on to receivers. CliffNotes version? Five guys caught 16 balls and were led by a guy who has been injured the last two seasons.

This is a hard offense to prepare for, because you have NO IDEA what's coming. Finch can be used in the OU offense, but hasn't been so far, and after witnessing the Texas offense this year, that's a headscratcher to me.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link

Not sure why but probably failing a class or drug test fail. We are loaded though at WR so the next guy will just step up.

Read in NewOK, that he wasn't pleased with his playing time for the FSU game and posted something on Twiter about it.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys can be impressive.....but Finch is a weapon.

Look at Texas......they get every weapon they have involved in the offense. Whether you believe this or not, you're going to have a hard time game planning on defense for them.

Case McCoy starts the game at quarterback. David Ash plays. A lot. Jaxon Shipley throws a touchdown pass. John Harris throws a TD pass. Fozzy Whittaker takes a turn at quarterback, too.

But wait, there's more. Malcolm Brown starts at running back.

Whittaker rushes for two touchdowns. Shipley has a run.

Marquis Goodwin, a guy who wasn't playing football two weeks ago, carries three times for 33 yards. Joe Bergeron gets five carries. Cody Johnson has six. And D.J. Monroe has two.

OK, take a breath, let's move on to receivers. CliffNotes version? Five guys caught 16 balls and were led by a guy who has been injured the last two seasons.

This is a hard offense to prepare for, because you have NO IDEA what's coming. Finch can be used in the OU offense, but hasn't been so far, and after witnessing the Texas offense this year, that's a headscratcher to me.

One slight possibility is that Stoops does have some plans to get Finch more involved and he just doesn't want to show all of his cards yet. As many weapons as Oklahoma has he could afford to do that.