• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OU #1 RB Kenndy Brooks opts out for season

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wegat sucks is that Trey sermon who was going to share carries with Kennedy again this year decided to transfer to Ohio State who canceled their whole season so I wonder how he feels right now

Reactions: gob

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly feel bad for him. He would have been better off staying, splitting carries and being a late round pick with the talent to get a 2nd and 3rd contract. He goes to Ohio State and maybe he sneaks into day 2 but the money in round 3 vs 5 isn't that different and either way he's not going to be a feature back as a rookie.

Man hindsight is 2020 but he went from being arguably the best 3rd down back in the country to being the guy at Ohio State. Had he stayed put he'd now be playing for a team that now more likely to win a natty and is breaking in a new qb so he would really be the guy.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do feel bad for Sermon. He does have a Redshirt available, so at least he has another year. Provided we play, OU would be down their top 3 running backs on the depth chart from last season going in. Pledger and McGowan would get the bulk of the snaps IMO.

At least the O-line is probably the deepest unit on the team across the board to help shoulder some of these new players stepping in.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do feel bad for Sermon. He does have a Redshirt available, so at least he has another year. Provided we play, OU would be down their top 3 running backs on the depth chart from last season going in. Pledger and McGowan would get the bulk of the snaps IMO.

At least the O-line is probably the deepest unit on the team across the board to help shoulder some of these new players stepping in.

Will this season count towards players eligibility if the team doesnt play a game?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a hell of a lot more season than we are going to have. Good news is for you that it looks like Michigan wont lose to Ohio State this year
Dude, my thanksgiving is going to be awesome this year.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it true that DeMarco Murray sucks as the RB coach??

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wegat sucks is that Trey sermon who was going to share carries with Kennedy again this year decided to transfer to Ohio State who canceled their whole season so I wonder how he feels right now

I should hope he feels like shit. If he doesn't then he's missed one of Life's biggest lessons. Buckle down, get better and do your job; if you're really as good as you think you are your day will come. But he broke weak and he's standing there with a handful of nothing. If he's learned a hard lesson then I'm all for him eventually finishing up at Ohio State with a good year and going on with his life. If not......well, he's got bigger problems than not getting to play some football.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should hope he feels like shit. If he doesn't then he's missed one of Life's biggest lessons. Buckle down, get better and do your job; if you're really as good as you think you are your day will come. But he broke weak and he's standing there with a handful of nothing. If he's learned a hard lesson then I'm all for him eventually finishing up at Ohio State with a good year and going on with his life. If not......well, he's got bigger problems than not getting to play some football.
That's why I was asking about Murray. Sermon left, Brooks is sitting out the year (which I think he just goes to the NFL in April).. AZ rb's were happy he left to ou fwiw.

Is that just negative recruiting talk or is there something there?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I was asking about Murray. Sermon left, Brooks is sitting out the year (which I think he just goes to the NFL in April).. AZ rb's were happy he left to ou fwiw.

Is that just negative recruiting talk or is there something there?

Most likely just negative talk. I read a couple of stories after he was hired about how he was a rock star when he went to see high school players after he was hired at OU. I'm as interested in his ability to recruit as he can coach and by the way OU's 2022 recruiting is going so far he's a helluva recruiter for running backs.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely just negative talk. I read a couple of stories after he was hired about how he was a rock star when he went to see high school players after he was hired at OU. I'm as interested in his ability to recruit as he can coach and by the way OU's 2022 recruiting is going so far he's a helluva recruiter for running backs.
.. so he's good unless Wheaton goes elsewhere?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. so he's good unless Wheaton goes elsewhere?

Recruiting is a heaving crap shoot. If OU suddenly decided they wanted Quinn Ewers really really bad for some reason do you think you'd feel comfortable he'd stick with Tom Herman? Nope. These kids now days all think they're something special and their thinking process is geared to social media and instant gratification. Who knows what Wheaton or any of them will do? We have to look at trends to really make a judgement.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting is a heaving crap shoot. If OU suddenly decided they wanted Quinn Ewers really really bad for some reason do you think you'd feel comfortable he'd stick with Tom Herman? Nope. These kids now days all think they're something special and their thinking process is geared to social media and instant gratification. Who knows what Wheaton or any of them will do? We have to look at trends to really make a judgement.
bro Ewers was ALWAYS going to Texas..you really think Caleb Williams gave him pause? Ewers was brought up in a burnt orange house despite his momma being a sooner. You don't see pictures of him dressed in sooner outfits, but he did with Texas.
117345071_10217698788437312_828483707623031774_n.jpg

Now as far as Wheaton, I have no idea what's really going on but it was cool to see him doing a HookEm last week with Fournette of all people doing the same thing..
117806668_309908236779314_5781860432578486580_n.png

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think this season is going to finish and we'll have a "national champion?"