• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other Draft Observations

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft over HS award anyday! ;) Sorry Dylan, your draft day is coming too.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is funny. Dylan mccaffery honors as colo high school player of the year
Same day as NFL draft

That is so completely awesome - thanks Chris.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft over HS award anyday! ;) Sorry Dylan, your draft day is coming too.

They won't feel that way if something bad happens - and they didn't attend this milestone - its not like CMac's deal wasn't on TV. In my family - CMac would have had to go to Dylan's recognition -to support the family. It's not like playing in a bowl game or something.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Derby (5th from Denver) for Mike Gilliespe (5th went on to BUF)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 could be the 2011 draft for QB when 2nd round talent was pushed up to the top of the 1st round

Locker, Gabbert , Ponder could be the 3 QB this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 could be the 2011 draft for QB when 2nd round talent was pushed up to the top of the 1st round

Locker, Gabbert , Ponder could be the 3 QB this year.
I feel like its more comparable to 2016 but we'll find out.

IIRC, I also had like a 4th round grade on Ponder. He was injury prone and lacked upside

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter just said Mixon off the board of 28 of 32 teams.

Denver, Cincy , ?, ?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I feel teams say that stuff after the draft to try and make the Bengals feel worse.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I feel teams say that stuff after the draft to try and make the Bengals feel worse.

The Bengals can't be shamed - all the evidence is in.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for kicks, you should check out the list that teams traded up for,to grab a Qb in rd 1 since 2000-2017. Not pretty. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillislee was a sneaky pick up by the Patriots.
Not so sneaky imo. Dumb on Bills though. I was rooting for him for Denver when he left Florida. 5+ yds a carry with Buff and good Td ratio vs rushing attempts with Bills. No brainer for price.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) The Chiefs spending two #1 picks to trade up for Mahomes condemns them from winning any championship in the near future. Alex Smith is probably not very happy this week.

2) The Panthers snagging CMac and Curtis Samuels - really caught my eye. I had made the point to get the full value of CMac - you had to build and offense around him and that presented the problem of having someone around to step in if he gets injured. Not exactly what the Panthers did here, because CMac and start at the TB and Samuels in the slot, but I think they will be crazy hard to defend.

3) This Bronco draft was not a BPA draft - it was a roster shoring up draft. The kind you're not supposed to have (exceptions to every rule - may apply here).

4) After watching football since the 50s - I would have to say when everyone is stocking up with athletes to defend the pass - it is a good time be very good at running the football. I'd love to see the Broncos impose their will on teams - while the baby Qbs grow up (and have to brave fewer passing situations).

5) John Lynch - proves himself ready for the big leagues - with a fleecing of the Bears for 3 middle round picks - ending up with the player he wanted anyway one slot down. Also - I think R. Foster will work out for the 9ers too.

6) McCaffrey and Fournette - skipped the bowl games and went extra high in the draft - so it paid off for them. Bowl games were the obvious loser in the top picks.

7) The Texans - see Chiefs - safer pick - less upside - equally stupid.

Good observations...

1) I am not a fan of any of the QB's in this draft becoming anything. I went back and forth on Mahomes and Trubisky as my top QB. I like Trubisky's consistency a bit more so safer of the 2 but still not a huge fan of either. So the Chiefs trading up I had to laugh just a bit on that one. Still if there is a place he could have gone that I thought he might find success it is the Chiefs.

2) I'm interested to see how they make that work. From what I understand the Panthers are none too happy with Benjamin right now. He showed up to Mini Camp at 280 lbs! I mean I know he is a big guy but that is ridiculous.

3) I guess it all depends on perspective for the Broncos draft. I thought there were some picks that were more need but I thought there were others that lined up perfectly with value. Carlos Henderson to me is easily a top-40 player in this draft. So to get him in the 3rd round at positions of needs (since he actually covers RB/Slot WR/KR) was great value. I also thought Jake Butt was huge value as I thought even with the injury he would go mid-3rd round pick. Again position of need and huge value. Chad Kelly honestly might have some of the biggest upside of any QB in the draft so again last pick of the draft good value.

4) I do think the Broncos are wanting to impose their will in the run game. They beefed up the OL big time with Watson, Bolles, and Leary.

5) Lynch did well until his pick at QB. They still don't have a QB that is worth anything on that roster. So while I like the value they got in the players this is looking like at least a 3-year rebuild for them hoping a QB falls to them next year.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good observations...

1) I am not a fan of any of the QB's in this draft becoming anything. I went back and forth on Mahomes and Trubisky as my top QB. I like Trubisky's consistency a bit more so safer of the 2 but still not a huge fan of either. So the Chiefs trading up I had to laugh just a bit on that one. Still if there is a place he could have gone that I thought he might find success it is the Chiefs.

2) I'm interested to see how they make that work. From what I understand the Panthers are none too happy with Benjamin right now. He showed up to Mini Camp at 280 lbs! I mean I know he is a big guy but that is ridiculous.

3) I guess it all depends on perspective for the Broncos draft. I thought there were some picks that were more need but I thought there were others that lined up perfectly with value. Carlos Henderson to me is easily a top-40 player in this draft. So to get him in the 3rd round at positions of needs (since he actually covers RB/Slot WR/KR) was great value. I also thought Jake Butt was huge value as I thought even with the injury he would go mid-3rd round pick. Again position of need and huge value. Chad Kelly honestly might have some of the biggest upside of any QB in the draft so again last pick of the draft good value.

4) I do think the Broncos are wanting to impose their will in the run game. They beefed up the OL big time with Watson, Bolles, and Leary.

5) Lynch did well until his pick at QB. They still don't have a QB that is worth anything on that roster. So while I like the value they got in the players this is looking like at least a 3-year rebuild for them hoping a QB falls to them next year.

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK ILL OF THE HAWKEYES

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree- CD.

As much as I love Mahomes for carrying my fantasy team he just has so far to go. I don't see much from the QB class this year. Mahomes is major boom or bust. To me Trubisky won't bust, but he won't be great either. Watson is probably technically my favorite QB from this years class in terms of prospect and I see a lot of flaws with him at the NFL level that need a lot of coaching. Trubisky is probably the safest but not the upsides of Watson/Mahomes.

I'm telling ya. I like Chad Kelly's upside as much as any. He just needs to get his head on right.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gillislee was a sneaky pick up by the Patriots.

New England is playing chess. The rest of the league is playing checkers. They get a guy avg 5.7 ypc and 9 TDs for a backup TE that never played.

Last year the Patriots flipped a fourth-round pick to Chicago for a proven Pro Bowl talent in Bennett and sent the unproven Derby to Denver for a fifth-round pick. That's value.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3