• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Worst Time of Year for Me

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
January 2nd - March 3rd

1) It is now inbetween football and baseball season.
2) This is the worst time of year for my business financially.
3) It is "usually" cold and shitty outside.
4) No decent holiday's except the overly commericalized V-Day.

Anyone else have a few month period that typically gets them down?

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it's usually early June, to late August. The Pirates are the only team I have a rooting interest in at that time of the year, and they're usually 10-20 games under .500, although, last season they actually showed up for the first half of the season, so the plunge didn't actually occur until late June.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what kind of business are you in?

The weather is great with this indian summer, Lowes has even started to sell gardening supplies already. I don't know what the hell happened to winter. I'm guessing I'll have to take the kids to perfect north for tubing because we didn't get our annual sledding at the park in.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what kind of business are you in?

The weather is great with this indian summer, Lowes has even started to sell gardening supplies already. I don't know what the hell happened to winter. I'm guessing I'll have to take the kids to perfect north for tubing because we didn't get our annual sledding at the park in.

I do website development and hosting. Hosting is my bread and butter..my renewable income, but this time of year I have very little renewables due to lack of sales over the past during this time for whatever reason. May through December I am golden, but January to April 30th blows.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if there was any snow on the ground you could make some extra cash with a scraper or blower or something like that, I guess.

My only other guess is people are trying to pay off the Christmas presents they just bought, inflated heating bills, and then pay their taxes.

With the relief in heating bill expense, maybe you'll get some customers next month.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
January has been a hard time for me as well.

All my developers are sloppy because they lose discipline over Christmas break, at the same time the managers are maniacal because they have to push for early releases to increase revenue, which just increases the sloppiness, and then that increases the pressure. I work from home every evening and weekend, as well as from the office during the day, so that's why I'm on the computer so damned much.