• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. But enough Irish blood in me to get a lot of red in my beard. Before it turned white.

I am pretty sure the actress that played Ygritte is a natural redhead though. Haven't found a pic to prove it yet.
She is. And I kind of love her.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Of Thrones if Twitter was invented:

"Ha, my friends, The Mountain is not so tough. I will toy with him for a bit longer and get him to admit to his crimes. TTFN" @OberynTheViper

"Hodor hodor hodor hodor"
@Hodor

"Gettin drunk at a wedding, weddings turn women on. Gonna get some tonight! One more glass of wine, why not. YOLO! LOL :love:"
@WinterfellRobb

"Silly fools tweeting with your 140 characters. The Lord of Light grants me 146 characters to spread his message!
PS The Lord Of Light will see his enemies bu"
@RedWomanMelisandre

Last edited:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And last but not least little Arya:

(1/2) @weese @dunsen @chiswyck @polliver @raffthesweetling @thetickler @thehound @sergregor @seramory @serilyn @sermeryn

(2/2) @kingjoffrey @queencersei #dieyoumotherf**kersdie

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night seemed like one of those "nothing happened" episodes. But various plots moved forward, and there will likely be scenes that will be revisited many times in the future (e.g. convo between Jon Snow and Maester Aemon).

Overall, I am impressed more and more every week at how the directors have largely succeeded in taking an altogether too complicated series of plots and made them work in the confines of a 1 hour show and 10 episode/season format. Although you might say "what the ... ?" when Danerys told that guy she was going to marry him, in the book it was drawn out for over 100 pages and was (frankly) tedious.

I thought for SURE the episode was going to end with Tyrion sinking into the water, held down by the Stone Man. But what is a GoT episode without a CGI dragon !

I was wondering what (if anything) they were going to do with the minor story line of Sam and Maester Aemon sailing south. Looks like Aemon might be bound for Mereen to cousel Danerys, and Stannis might send Sam off to the Citadel to do more research on Dragon Glass/Obsidian. Again, I like this approach and think it is cleaner than the book plot. My God, GRRM overcomplicates things.

No idea what happens next with the whole Bolton plotline. Actually interested in it now. That Miranda is slightly nuts, and that always makes for good viewing ...

No Cersei or Jamie this week. Honestly, I did not miss them. Looks like that situation will be rectified next week. Looks like we are leading up to Cersei's "walk of shame" around Week 8 or 9 (well, we cant kill someone at a wedding every year, can we? Oh wait, Ramsay and Sansa......). I am curious to see how they deal with Lena Headey's voluminous body art...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me, but I am beyond bored this season.

At some point, this show became a story about people walking/riding horseback/sailing. It's hard to move plot points forward when half your main characters are in transit in a world lacking in mobile communications.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At some point, this show became a story about people walking/riding horseback/sailing. It's hard to move plot points forward when half your main characters are in transit in a world lacking in mobile communications.

not just you. this is incredibly slow. but I expect it will take off soon. Im going to watch the last couple episodes however as I was quite sure they sucked and wont to be sure on that lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not just you. this is incredibly slow. but I expect it will take off soon. Im going to watch the last couple episodes however as I was quite sure they sucked and wont to be sure on that lol
Lol I hope you're right. I would've passed out during last night's if I had watched from home.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i could give the writers/producers/directors a tip .... just because grey worm doesnt have anything down there doesnt mean they need to keep Missandeis clothes on all the time

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's was tedious. I think it ended well, but that's about it.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked last night's episode but can see why some might have found it a bit boring. I'm a big fan of the Ramsay character though and he had more lines/scenes in this episode than any other. The dragon scene at the beginning was kind of cool and the ending was good s well. The stuff at the Wall was pretty slow though and that was a good chunk of the episode.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night seemed like one of those "nothing happened" episodes. But various plots moved forward, and there will likely be scenes that will be revisited many times in the future (e.g. convo between Jon Snow and Maester Aemon).

I was wondering what (if anything) they were going to do with the minor story line of Sam and Maester Aemon sailing south. Looks like Aemon might be bound for Mereen to cousel Danerys, and Stannis might send Sam off to the Citadel to do more research on Dragon Glass/Obsidian. Again, I like this approach and think it is cleaner than the book plot. My God, GRRM overcomplicates things.

What about the baby swap? Doesn't look like that is going to happen, seeing as how there is only 1 baby and no Wildling Princess. :( I hope they somehow find a 2nd baby and make it happen. That's a great character building storyline for several characters, especially Jon. It was basically his 1st controversial move after he was told by Aemon to "kill the boy". A lot of people would think it was a dick move to Sam and Gilly while others would probably agree it was for the (perceived) greater good.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been underwhelmed by this whole season so far.