• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The "Pix was entrusted to teach, give me Extra Credit questions" Thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little known fact -Jack Tatum was part of the Immaculate Conception as well - He bounced Mary and Joseph from his inn.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the names of the actual Three Rivers that comprised naming Three Rivers Stadium?

Oooh, ooooh, ooooh, I know, I know, pick me pick me.

The 3 rivers are: Lemieux, Crosby and Kessel.

:yes:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh, ooooh, ooooh, I know, I know, pick me pick me.

The 3 rivers are: Lemieux, Crosby and Kessel.

:yes:

No one there even went swimming before 2007.

It would be Malkin, Crosby, and Kessel.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quarter is called two bits, why?
What is the largest bill the US prints. And what is the largest a person can get

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the names of the actual Three Rivers that comprised naming Three Rivers Stadium?

My name is Eloco and I'll be playing the role of Pix's Washingtonian student this afternoon...

Trick question, there are really only two rivers - the Allegheny and the Monongahela. Only 'yinz would not understand that when two rivers intersect, the larger river continues and the smaller river generally ends. A "new" river is not created by such an occurrence. #rockthered #letsgocaps

;)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just learned something.

What is the only element on the Periodic Table first discovered somewhere other than on Earth?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My name is Eloco and I'll be playing the role of Pix's Washingtonian student this afternoon...

Trick question, there are really only two rivers - the Allegheny and the Monongahela. Only 'yinz would not understand that when two rivers intersect, the larger river continues and the smaller river generally ends. A "new" river is not created by such an occurrence. #rockthered #letsgocaps

;)

And that begs the most obvious extra credit question:

What in (insert your favorite deity)'s name is a 'yinz?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just learned something.

What is the only element on the Periodic Table first discovered somewhere other than on Earth?

This is a good one that perfectly fits my unofficial definition of good trivia. An obscure question with a familiar answer. But it's also a little more difficult than a lot of the other questions we've seen here I think, and it's the type of question that you've either heard the answer to and know or you haven't and you don't.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good one that perfectly fits my unofficial definition of good trivia. An obscure question with a familiar answer. But it's also a little more difficult than a lot of the other questions we've seen here I think, and it's the type of question that you've either heard the answer to and know or you haven't and you don't.

Using the two tongue-in-cheek guesses above as inspiration, I can provide this hint to try to make it more obvious.

The element's name comes from the Greek for where in our solar system it was first detected. That at least narrows it down to just elements with Greek names/elements named for things in space, which intersection, incidentally, is not a lot of elements.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the two tongue-in-cheek guesses above as inspiration, I can provide this hint to try to make it more obvious.

The element's name comes from the Greek for where in our solar system it was first detected. That at least narrows it down to just elements with Greek names/elements named for things in space, which intersection, incidentally, is not a lot of elements.

That's a very good hint actually, makes it a much better question. I was thinking maybe you give the group, but I like your hint better.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More obvious?

I am still trying to wrap my head around people with cosmetology diplomas. They did not use a telescope to get one. :scratch:

This one has me stumped. Off to google for the answer.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More obvious?

I am still trying to wrap my head around people with cosmetology diplomas. They did not use a telescope to get one. :scratch:

This one has me stumped. Off to google for the answer.

That is an easy degree, I heard that at a lot of places you can even get it entirely by taking make up exams.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an easy degree, I heard that at a lot of places you can even get it entirely by taking make up exams.

I am going to call you Jose Bautista. I keep serving up BP fastballs and you keep knocking them out of the park. Well done!