• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Last of US

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it needs its own thread. you can delete if you think otherwise

does "Last of Us" need its own thread?

also, I really should start watching it before i get spoilered out.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep another good episode. I had to do a double take at Frank a couple times ... looked very similar to Rick Grimes in a couple scenes lol ... maybe it was the (fake) rumo(u)rs that the Rick Grimes Walking Dead character was going to have a cameo hah

was the fence electrified as well as having all those flame throwers dug in close to it or was it just the trip wires and flamethrowers that did the raiders in

electrified as well, he mentioned that if they didnt die by the flamer throwers that the fence would finish them off.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
electrified as well, he mentioned that if they didnt die by the flamer throwers that the fence would finish them off.
I do not think I knew who that guy was then he is in everything. White Lotus, Welcome To Chippendales, The Last Of Us

Hes really good

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was quite the set up. That fence and its defenses were awesome.

He needed an intern! Someone he could have taught enough to keep everything going for a while.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it needs its own thread. you can delete if you think otherwise
Totally agree.

Episode 3 was a real deviation from the game storyline and it was really well done.

Those bears were definitely doing drugs... but it was NOT cocaine.

I like how they've really tamped down the violence some. They have hit the important stuff, but it's not constantly getting through hordes of clickers and bad guys. It's a little more realistic, especially this far after the pandemic hit. Looking forward to the out West stuff.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
ok, finally caught up.
though i accidentally watched the first three episodes in reverse order, and thought it was fantastic how they were jumping around like that. lol
will re-watch them in order on the weekend. Good thing my wife is out of town.

also, no wonder the daughter has fantastic bone structure, she is Thandie Newton's kid

1675306600749.png

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zombie movies aren’t my thing but I’ve really been enjoying this show so far

Zombie TV series not so much. But even if they weren't zombies per say, 28 Days Later had a good take on a similar theme. As a movie I was AOK with it. If it was on TV every week, I'd shit can it.

I have no clue what sort of run this show will have, how long it will last, etc. But it has kept me watching so far.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumours that season 2 will be filmed in vancouver so i guess this means joel and ellie make it to seattle heh

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has begun.....

Friend of mine works for the CDC. Does all the deployments into hot zones for Ebola and what not. Insists that everything else is ultimately not THAT big of an issue and that it's going to be a fungus that ultimately does us in.

(I should add, they're referring to a global extinction type of thing, not diminishing millions of deaths from something like Covid)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friend of mine works for the CDC. Does all the deployments into hot zones for Ebola and what not. Insists that everything else is ultimately not THAT big of an issue and that it's going to be a fungus that ultimately does us in.

(I should add, they're referring to a global extinction type of thing, not diminishing millions of deaths from something like Covid)
Wow, your friend is braver than I am. I read The Hot Zone years ago and Ebola has frightened me since.

And I knew that the fungus in the show/game was based on a real fungus and its effect on insects, but I did not know that scientists were actually concerned about it.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, your friend is braver than I am. I read The Hot Zone years ago and Ebola has frightened me since.

And I knew that the fungus in the show/game was based on a real fungus and its effect on insects, but I did not know that scientists were actually concerned about it.

It's like that old saying... In the land of the fungal zombies, the guy with the athlete's foot cream is king.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

i knew there was a reason that i hated mushrooms.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You and me both my friend. I don't go within 100 yards of anyone I know has a cold. Meanwhile she hears about an outbreak and is immediately reaching for her go bag.

Smarter than me too. I know that's not saying much, just saying.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Last of Us left the building not looking back at what was left behind. The show has many good characters and the image of the writer is represented by it. Ellie must escape in the alley to find the cure upon the zombies or less of them. Emotional is the response.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Last of Us left the building not looking back at what was left behind. The show has many good characters and the image of the writer is represented by it. Ellie must escape in the alley to find the cure upon the zombies or less of them. Emotional is the response.

EqualNiftyCaterpillar-size_restricted.gif