• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - The Bearcats are ballin'

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win tonight. Shouldn't have had to be dramatic at the end, but who cares? Winning in UConn is no small feat.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they could have made a free throw down the stretch, it would have been easy....but that was a cold blooded three at the end by the killer.....

daytonbenglfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What a crazy end to that game. Great win. Would be fun to go the Cuse game next Monday.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They tried to give me a fucking heart attack.

We zipped 'em up.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They tried to give me a fucking heart attack.

We zipped 'em up.

lol...congrats on the win Bearcats! It was a good one for sure.You guys are second place now in your division i see.
thumbsup.gif

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday at West Virginia vs Huggs should be a blast......

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday at West Virginia vs Huggs should be a blast......

There's absolutely no reason why we should lose that game, either.

I want to beat Syracuse. Do it for all the little boys out there. We should make t-shirts.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll be an underdog again, but sure, it's winnable......they've become a team that exceeds the sum of their parts.....UConn gets the best talent in the country, year in and year out, but we were much the better team last night......

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to give a lot of credit last night to Gates. He really, really frustrated their two bigs down low. Both of the UConn bigs were something like 2-11 and 1-9 fromt he field. They were pushed around by Gates all night long on the block. If the rest of the team would have remembered to block out a bit better, they wouldn't have been beaten so bad on the boards. Of course, getting an over the back call would have been nice, too, on some of those offensive boards UConn was getting.

The officiating down the stretch was an absolute joke. Of course, if UC hits the front ends of several of those 1&1's and the back end on a couple of others they missed, they are up 8 or 9, and it doesn't come down to that 3/4 court shot that bounced off the rim.

Kman, don't lie...You knew that 3/4 court shot was gonna drop in for the game winner. I mean, when is it those shots DON'T fall against UC?

And Kilpatrick has some serious stones to pull up for the 3 like he did. Dude was cold blooded right there.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to give a lot of credit last night to Gates. He really, really frustrated their two bigs down low. Both of the UConn bigs were something like 2-11 and 1-9 fromt he field. They were pushed around by Gates all night long on the block. If the rest of the team would have remembered to block out a bit better, they wouldn't have been beaten so bad on the boards. Of course, getting an over the back call would have been nice, too, on some of those offensive boards UConn was getting.

The officiating down the stretch was an absolute joke. Of course, if UC hits the front ends of several of those 1&1's and the back end on a couple of others they missed, they are up 8 or 9, and it doesn't come down to that 3/4 court shot that bounced off the rim.

Kman, don't lie...You knew that 3/4 court shot was gonna drop in for the game winner. I mean, when is it those shots DON'T fall against UC?

And Kilpatrick has some serious stones to pull up for the 3 like he did. Dude was cold blooded right there.

Remember Miles Simon?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's absolutely no reason why we should lose that game, either.

I want to beat Syracuse. Do it for all the little boys out there. We should make t-shirts.

Marvin Lewis probably isn't too busy. He's been known to design a good t-shirt.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Dehner:

here are the combined point totals of the UConn bigs, who hovered over UC like skyscrapers:

Drummond, Oriakhi, Roscoe Smith, DeAndre Daniels and Tyler Olander: 86 minutes, 14 points, 19 rebounds.

Gates: 36 minutes, 13 points, 12 rebounds.

By himself, Gates nearly matched the production of all five UConn big men.

Quietly, Gates has done what is needed in this new offense. With the spot-light off him, he's freed up his mental state to just go in there and be a piece of the puzzle. Maybe he's not the big time player we all thought (and he though) he was going to be, but if he continues to play like this, he's going to help UC get pretty far this year.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me? I would swear Oriakhi has been at UConn for like 10 years now......

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Dehner:

here are the combined point totals of the UConn bigs, who hovered over UC like skyscrapers:

Drummond, Oriakhi, Roscoe Smith, DeAndre Daniels and Tyler Olander: 86 minutes, 14 points, 19 rebounds.

Gates: 36 minutes, 13 points, 12 rebounds.

By himself, Gates nearly matched the production of all five UConn big men.

Quietly, Gates has done what is needed in this new offense. With the spot-light off him, he's freed up his mental state to just go in there and be a piece of the puzzle. Maybe he's not the big time player we all thought (and he though) he was going to be, but if he continues to play like this, he's going to help UC get pretty far this year.

I love the way he has fit in.....that was my big worry, how he would react to no longer being " the man " ......he seems to have embraced it....he's also getting much better shots down low now, since defenses have to become more 3 point line aware.....he's almost never doubled now as soon as he gets the ball.....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the way he has fit in.....that was my big worry, how he would react to no longer being " the man " ......he seems to have embraced it....he's also getting much better shots down low now, since defenses have to become more 3 point line aware.....he's almost never doubled now as soon as he gets the ball.....

I really thought that opening up the offense would be the best thing that's happen to Gates. When he was recruited here he was hailed as the "savior" of the program. A local 4 or 5* player that UC could re-build around.

The only problem was, you can't rebuild around a Freshman, and especially one that was never a real leader himself at the H.S. level. He had no other real seniors to take him under and show him how it is done. He's started since day one, and the spot light has shone on him since that time. That's a lot of pressure for a kid, let alone a kid who's make-up isn't meant to take on that kind of responsibility.

Gates has an NBA body, but he's a role-player. He's a guy that can start, but is a peice of the puzzle, not the main ingredient. Him being suspended was the best thing to happen to him and UC.

A true leader emerged in Wright. The offenses focus went from one player to all 5 players. Open man shoots the ball. With the leadership focus off of him, and defenses no longer able to bear down on just him, and with the offense no longer relying on him for 32 seconds of each possesion, everything has opened up for Gates. He can go out there and be "one of the guys" on the court. Do his thing. Collect his 12-15 points and 8-12 rebounds and go home.

He's not the guy we all thought he would be. Heck, he's probably not the player HE thought he was/is. But, for this offense, his role and his ability fits perfectly. As long as everything keeps moving, and he keeps doing things the way he is right now, this offense has a chance to take down any team on any given night.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad loss, but should have won that game.

Justin Jackson left Jones wide open to hit the game tying 3. You would think any player would know that you don't want the other teams best player to shoot the ball to tie or take the lead in that situation.

Jackson's a great hustler, but dude is dumber than a box of rocks in terms of basketball I.Q.

One day, Dixon will make a layup in traffic. He also could have passed to a wide open Davis III on the wing instead of trying to make a difficult layup over Jones. He was in way too much of a hurry.