• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Sixers

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics are interested, so I think he could very well be the piece that Ainge would love to add to their roster. With Fultz, and even if we ad another shooter (Reddick?), we have a while to go to be even with Boston, I think. I think Colangelo's next move(s) will come on Thursday night, if he can trade back into the 20's to acquire another real good prospect. I think we add a superstar player next off season.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone stays relatively healthy (Embiid being the main guy) I think the Sixers win at least 40 games. For one stretch last year, when Embiid had begun to establish himself, we went 10-3. That was prior to Saric establishing his self, before Holmes hit stride and without Simmons or Fultz. If you build it, the free agents will come! :)

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing with building a good team then chasing free-agents. If you're good, then who sits for said FA signing? You have to hope a good FA at a weak position happens to be available.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think all we need is some good complimentary FA's. No need to break the bank. We need guys that can shoot. It was painful last year watching the bricks and air-balls. With JE & BS healthy, if Fultz is as good as advertised, this team is going to kick some butt. I really do not see who in the east besides Cleveland has our type of talent. I think Saric is going to be a great player. I don't get why people would want to trade him for a draft pick. That is foolish. He is prolly better than anyone coming out this year except possibly 2 or 3 guys.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Porzingis as a prospect, but yeah, he wanted the NY Bricks, let him rot as a Brick.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not give up the #1 pick for Porzingas. Just like Igg said...he wanted NY.....well he got his wish so he can stay there. The Sixers are in a spot to do good things. Getting another top player in this years draft can make them the team to beat in a few years. Saric or Embid will win the ROY this year. That alone speaks volumes. We will be getting Simmons and have the #1 pick. The future is bright IMO.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Fultz in the mix, I think bringing in PG George Hill as a free agent would be a dynamite pickup. Last year we didn't have any facilitators ... guys who can help create for others. Now we bring in Simmons who is a passing wizard, Fultz who averaged 6 assists on a horrible Washington team and Hill (free agent) who has gotten better with age and is a perfect vet to learn from.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Fultz in the mix, I think bringing in PG George Hill as a free agent would be a dynamite pickup. Last year we didn't have any facilitators ... guys who can help create for others. Now we bring in Simmons who is a passing wizard, Fultz who averaged 6 assists on a horrible Washington team and Hill (free agent) who has gotten better with age and is a perfect vet to learn from.
Hill is a good shout, but you'd have to pony up big to get him. 18m plus I'd guess, I also think he'd probably be looking for a playoff situation since he's already in one with Utah.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our future is definitely better in the East, and because James will leave after next year, I don't see anyone else, barring Ainge coming up with a couple of super stars this season and after.

BTW, who is this kid coming out next year - Doncic. How do we know he will be a world beater?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill is a good shout, but you'd have to pony up big to get him. 18m plus I'd guess, I also think he'd probably be looking for a playoff situation since he's already in one with Utah.

Unfortunately that's how the contracts play out nowadays, but the Sixers have oodles of money to play with. Tell ya what, you add George Hill in the mix and we may very well be playoff bound (assuming relative heath of course).

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately that's how the contracts play out nowadays, but the Sixers have oodles of money to play with. Tell ya what, you add George Hill in the mix and we may very well be playoff bound (assuming relative heath of course).
You add to the mix, if healthy, I do not think the Eastern Finals are out of the question. Am I to optimistic? I just feel they are really talented.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long term, they will need all that cap space to keep these guys in place. You want at least three of these guys to turn into huge stars which means max contracts for each. Yeah, in the short term you could spend the money, but you really don't want to do that if it limits the minutes for your young developing players.

Any FA signing should be short term and tactical...to fill a particular complementary role on the floor or to mentor the younger players.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers are one of the teams who have inquired to see what it would take to get Porzingis. The asking price appears to be really high though ... so it likely won't be us who trade for him (if anyone at all).

Word is that the Lakers will be trading for Paul George ... possibly before the draft. Not sure whom they would give though as they just traded D'Angelo Russell to the Nets. Russell was thought of as a player involved in the possible trade for George.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers can get a deal done for George without Russell involved and I think they felt shedding Mozgov's contract was a better use for an asset like Russell. I mean, the Pacers are totally screwed here as George's value is very, very low.

I wish the Sixers would have made a similar deal for Russell and a huge contract.

Any interest in the Sixers looking into a George rental? Trading Okafor (even if a 3rd team is needed)? I would think keeping the equity in the Lakers hitting the 1st overall pick or preserving the Kings pick may be worth it. Not to mention that George would be a great fit on the Sixers current roster, if only for one year.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would one year of George do for the Sixers' process of building from the ground up? To me, he would take a young guy's place. I think in 1 or 2 more years - we can sign a big time FA - but not yet.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would one year of George do for the Sixers' process of building from the ground up? To me, he would take a young guy's place. I think in 1 or 2 more years - we can sign a big time FA - but not yet.

It would give them a better chance at binking the #1 pick next year, having the Lakers pick convey and keeping the Kings pick, or getting a non-top 5 lottery pick next year.

If the Lakers add in Paul George plus another piece or two, then the Sixers are stuck with a 10-15 pick next year and lose the Kings pick in '19

I don't think the Lakers can add too many long-term deals this year as they need to make space for George and whatever FA they are targeting next year (Lebron, Westbrook, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, etc). Taking away George leaves them in a tough spot to add anyone else when they are most likely going to add him next year.

The Lakers clearing out cap space to add in these type of free agents, while having no reason to tank, is precisely why Ainge didn't want a 6+ Lakers pick and to take on the chance that the Kings pick will be bad in '19.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Celtics turned down Jimmy Butler for the 3rd pick in the draft ... and rumor has it that we did as well prior to trading up for the #1 pick. In other rumor it looks like Cleveland may end up with George on a one year rental which is good for us.