• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Serena Williams commercial - Sexiest Tennis Player?!

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, Serena. That's a whole lot of wishful thinking right there.

Is Serena Williams' new commercial for the video game Top Spin 4 too hot for t.v.?

The folks at the game's maker, 2k Sports, apparently think so and the ad won't air anywhere but YouTube - even then only because it was leaked (allegedly).

Joystiq.com: "The ad was originally posted on YouTube by the actress featured in the commercial - apparently she wasn't satisfied with 2K Sports' decision to cancel the public release."

But the tennis star herself chimed in on Twitter, alerting fans to the imminent official debut of the ad, which never happened.

NY Daily News: "On Monday, Williams herself told her fans to "Stay tuned for a awesomely sexy video I am tweeting later," but, interestingly enough, she hasn't mentioned it since then."

"As part of the process for creating marketing campaigns to support our titles, we pursue a variety of creative avenues," 2K Sports said in a statement. "This video is not part of the title's final marketing campaign and its distribution was unauthorized." (read more)

Read more: Is Serena Williams' new ad too hot for t.v.? : Hot Topics

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhh...yeah, that could never be on TV. She's a beautiful women. And is shaped like a realistic one, other than being insanely ripped. :)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao @ her even being a thought as one of the sexiest tennis players.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't find that guy very sexy at all... His brother is even uglier.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit I enjoyed watching that and I do find her relatively attractive.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhh...yeah, that could never be on TV. She's a beautiful women. And is shaped like a realistic one, other than being insanely ripped. :)

Not trying to start an argument but that's something that bothers me. Women come in all shapes and sizes. I feel like women who are petite or naturally very thin are starting to be told a lot that they're not shaped like "real women." But they are real women. They have female anatomy (I'm pretty sure) and they are living and breathing. I think that women as a whole would progress a lot more if we decided to openly accept everyone. It goes both ways, you know?

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa. I got all preachy there for a minute. Please excuse me!

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to start an argument but that's something that bothers me. Women come in all shapes and sizes. I feel like women who are petite or naturally very thin are starting to be told a lot that they're not shaped like "real women." But they are real women. They have female anatomy (I'm pretty sure) and they are living and breathing. I think that women as a whole would progress a lot more if we decided to openly accept everyone. It goes both ways, you know?

Yeah but what I'd like to know is if Serena has female anatomy.

Good point, by the way. IMO, beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. I would guess the point being made is that the default standard is petite.

I always liked a little "junk in the trunk", but I appreciate hotness on all levels. My wife is 5' 10" and not what I would call petite, she's beautiful to me.

I also would love it if my 11 year old daughter didn't feel like she had to develop an eating disorder to emulate what is presented to her on TV as normal and beautiful. I guess I'm old fashioned that way.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they could have been Men at one time and the steroids took it all away

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess the point being made is that the default standard is petite.

Yes I agree. The default standard does lie in skinny women. But it doesn't make things equal to try and take away from their femininity to balance the scales.

And to be frank, I wouldn't classify myself as petite or skinny. I also am not plus-size. But I think of a lot of my friend who are naturally very, very skinny and they can't help that. And I know they have guys who like their bodies, I have guys who like mine, and my heavier friends have guys who prefer their bodies.

I LOST TRACK OF MY POINT SOMEWHERE.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree. The default standard does lie in skinny women. But it doesn't make things equal to try and take away from their femininity to balance the scales.

And to be frank, I wouldn't classify myself as petite or skinny. I also am not plus-size. But I think of a lot of my friend who are naturally very, very skinny and they can't help that. And I know they have guys who like their bodies, I have guys who like mine, and my heavier friends have guys who prefer their bodies.

I LOST TRACK OF MY POINT SOMEWHERE.

I think it was something about Serena Williams being a man.

I don't know, I kinda got lost in all of the soap-boxing.

:confused2:

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think she's a man. I just think she's an insanely fit athlete.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unlike Jamie Foxx, I dont want to be her tennis ball

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit I enjoyed watching that and I do find her relatively attractive.

Relative to Martina Navralitova?

Her body is exceptional. Her face is the exception.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relative to Martina Navralitova?

Her body is exceptional. Her face is the exception.

I kind of feel the same, but I dont think her face is awful or anything. Relatively because I think she is attractive but she wouldnt be on or near the top of my list. And I keep a list.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point KV. I meant more "full women", and honestly it's more typical to be that. Women are known to genetically have larger hips/butts and carry more fat, and we have babies to thank for that :rolleyes: My beef lies simply with the media making far too many girls think they're not pretty enough, aren't skinny enough, or don't wear enough makeup. Beauty does come in all shapes and sizes, that I agree with. :)

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem I have with Hollywood is they seem to believe women should be thin beyond belief. Sorry but a woman who is 5'8 or above & weighs 130 pounds is NOT fat.

Serena is an athlete so she's going to be in better shape than most women. I don't think she's the sexiest Tennis player but that's just me. My pick is Ivanovic.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem I have with Hollywood is they seem to believe women should be thin beyond belief. Sorry but a woman who is 5'8 or above & weighs 130 pounds is NOT fat.

Serena is an athlete so she's going to be in better shape than most women. I don't think she's the sexiest Tennis player but that's just me. My pick is Ivanovic.

Yeah, Hollywood kills me. I feel bad for some of them though. If a female star goes out in public (especially the beach season) with even a little extra something on her body, they're torched. I can't even imagine that. I've been taunted in my life, but in a publication or magazine? You have to have skin of steel. Another example is Jennifer Hudson. That girl was gorgeous even before she lost weight, but felt pressured it would seem to lose weight to gain popularity...now I think she's equally gorgeous. She just looks like a new person.

EDIT: and 5'8 130lbs is actually realllllly skinny. That's my height, and if I weighed that much, there'd be nothing left of me. I guess I just am apt to being slightly jealous of girls that are just naturally skinny, because although I believe beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, self-esteem isn't big on me. Girls are just very mean in middle/high school :rolleyes: To those of you with daughters, always remind them how beautiful they are. They may get embarrassed, but trust me...we love to hear it.