• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Remenda Won't be Calling Charks Games Anymore

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news, but I wonder if NBC is going to go after him since he was already doing some games for them.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he will go back to CBC, as he worked there in the 2006-2007 season. In any case, the Sharks are a disaster, completely the opposite of the Kings. The playoff failure streak should end this upcoming season by missing them altogether.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From link Puck posted above: "Remenda was willing to speak his mind during a broadcast. While he viewed the game from the Sharks perspective, he could be anything but a homer in his commentary when he felt it was warranted."

Followed by, "After the Sharks were eliminated by the Edmonton Oilers in the 2006 playoffs, Remenda announced on the air that he was leaving the Sharks to become an analyst with 'Hockey Night in Canada.'
He returned to San Jose after one season, saying he missed having one team to identify with when he was part of the well-respected Canadian Broadcasting Company operation."

HUH?
I am so glad he's gone.
Maybe he was the reason Sharks choked 3-0 lead...

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this on Yahoo courtesy of puckdaddy. LOL

Bad news the other day, as the San Jose Sharks decided not to bring color man Drew Remenda back for a 14th season in the booth, which is really a shame. He and Randy Hahn comprised probably the best two-man local broadcast team in the entire league, and to see it broken up for any reason, let alone something as nebulous as going in a “different direction” is very disappointing.

He was a former assistant coach who became an analyst, but was never overbearing or over-serious in his analysis, and unlike most local broadcast guys he wasn't a gigantic homer. No word yet on who's going to replace him, but you can bet the new guy isn't going to be as good.)

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they wanted someone more of a "homer". I suggest they try to hire Hayward away from Anaheim.

Ox

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remenda was a complete homer. 2nd to Gayward

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From link Puck posted above: "Remenda was willing to speak his mind during a broadcast. While he viewed the game from the Sharks perspective, he could be anything but a homer in his commentary when he felt it was warranted."

Followed by, "After the Sharks were eliminated by the Edmonton Oilers in the 2006 playoffs, Remenda announced on the air that he was leaving the Sharks to become an analyst with 'Hockey Night in Canada.'
He returned to San Jose after one season, saying he missed having one team to identify with when he was part of the well-respected Canadian Broadcasting Company operation."

HUH?
I am so glad he's gone.
Maybe he was the reason Sharks choked 3-0 lead...

Almost drenched my keyboard and screen with Mountain Dew when I first read that...most of you didn't have to put up with him for six games this year. Hahn bent over backwards most of the series to pretend neutrality, but Baldy was ridiculously biased to make up for it. As a funny aside, I'm watching NHL network replaying game 6, and they just had the whining about "intent to blow" the whistle on Williams' goal.

Remenda will NOT be missed by this center ice viewer...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remenda is freaking awful.

I'd love to hear what he has to say...on paper. He should become a journalist instead.