• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Never forget

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 years ago today...
Hi_j0239-600x357.jpg

/ fuck do I feel old

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 6 at the time and only vaguely remember wondering what all the hub bub was about. It seemed to go on for forever with neither side gaining the upper hand. After many hours, I turned away from the World Cup and watched the OJ car chase instead.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worked for Best Buy at the time and it was on every TV in the place, and people were mesmerized by it.

They even wanted it piped over the store sound system. I refused.

That was right around the time I lost my faith in humanity.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My lord it is quite the tensious...

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"that was a total farcifical call" lol.
"oh my lord. he look scared."

my god that was classic

Barbara Walters "I just heard tha.."
"Please be quiet Barbara"
silence.............................................awkward
"Oh its just Cowlings again, go on Barbara"

"I just heard that OJ will most likely be in the cell next to Menendez"
"Its empty so that seems logical of where he will go"

my god the journalism on this was epic

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"that was a total farcifical call" lol.
"oh my lord. he look scared."

my god that was classic

I have probably heard that call close to a thousand times now and it never fails to crack me up. God did he ever make Jennings look stupid.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Michaels to the rescue! Makes me laugh 20 years later.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up around OJ.
He had a house in Laguna Beach. I would see him a couple of times a week. He was nice to all us kids. He gave us food and drinks sometime when we were swimming behind his and Nicole's house. He always had time to talk to anybody. He did commercials and fund raisers at the local schools.
When the news of Nicole's death was leaked, at first I didn't believe he was responsible. But, after hearing the reports it was unavoidable.
The night of the chase was an odd night for me. I lived down the street from where Nicole was buried. OJ was spotted about 1.5 miles from there when the chase began. At first I thought he was going to commit suicide at her grave. Then hearing what was in the Bronco, I thought he was headed to Mexico.
I was going to a Bullfrogs roller hockey game that night. My wife and I got out of the house as early as possible. We were worried they would close the streets because of the grave site. We drove to (what is now) Honda Center. Got there and it was on all the screens in the place. We were about 5-10 minutes ahead of the Bronco the whole way. During the game I could see the tvs in the suites and walkways and all I could think was death by cop on live tv.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up around OJ.
He had a house in Laguna Beach. I would see him a couple of times a week. He was nice to all us kids. He gave us food and drinks sometime when we were swimming behind his and Nicole's house. He always had time to talk to anybody. He did commercials and fund raisers at the local schools.
When the news of Nicole's death was leaked, at first I didn't believe he was responsible. But, after hearing the reports it was unavoidable.
The night of the chase was an odd night for me. I lived down the street from where Nicole was buried. OJ was spotted about 1.5 miles from there when the chase began. At first I thought he was going to commit suicide at her grave. Then hearing what was in the Bronco, I thought he was headed to Mexico.
I was going to a Bullfrogs roller hockey game that night. My wife and I got out of the house as early as possible. We were worried they would close the streets because of the grave site. We drove to (what is now) Honda Center. Got there and it was on all the screens in the place. We were about 5-10 minutes ahead of the Bronco the whole way. During the game I could see the tvs in the suites and walkways and all I could think was death by cop on live tv.

Holy shit.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up around OJ.

Was Rob Laurie in nets for the Bullfrogs?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mom was selected for a jury shortly after the OJ trial got over and she said it was a complete nightmare because the deliberation took forever...the jury was obsessed with the whole "reasonable doubt" thing. Oh and they let a lady off (who was pretty clearly guilty) at the end of it :L

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Rob Laurie in nets for the Bullfrogs?

I don't remember, but it is very likely.
Anaheim Bullfrogs still exist( sort of)
They play in irvine as a beer league but have kept the name and logo in the hope that RHI will make a comeback

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasselhoff was never the same...

In 1994, Hasselhoff was scheduled to perform a concert on pay-per-view from Atlantic City. The concert was expected to help reignite his singing career in the United States. However, on the night of the concert, O. J. Simpson was involved in a police chase in southern California. Viewership of the concert was significantly lower than expected due to the live coverage of the chase.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of this we never got another "Goldie And The Boxer" movie. That's the real crime.