• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makes me a bit queasy knowing i have family travelling to Switzerland on 9/11

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading about the kid from calgary who went to Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops on a volleyball scholarship and now hes in Syria "fighting" for ISIS (with his brother) ... complete wtf

A Twitter account that purports to belong to Gordon was filled primarily with posts about basketball games and weekend plans in 2011, when, at least for part of that year, he appeared to still be living in Kamloops.

The tone began to shift in early 2012, when Gordon interspersed his postings with quotes from the Qur'an. By May 2012, his Twitter feed was almost exclusively devoted to religion.

Kamloops This Week attempted to reach Gordon by sending him messages on social media.

He declined an interview, instead writing: "I will consult with my brothers as Allah says to do and then make a decision in your regard."

When asked whether the allegations against him are true, he wrote: "You would find the truth in the Qur'an."

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading about the kid from calgary who went to Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops on a volleyball scholarship and now hes in Syria "fighting" for ISIS (with his brother) ... complete wtf

It's really hard for me to understand the mentality. I have my own relgious beliefs...but it's just such a bizarrely foreign concept to me to kill and have such incredible hatred for people you don't really know.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard for me to understand the mentality. I have my own relgious beliefs...but it's just such a bizarrely foreign concept to me to kill and have such incredible hatred for people you don't really know.

no-one can

Reed said he was stunned when he saw a photo of Gordon accompanying the CBC story about the brothers. Reed sent text messages to other former teammates, all of whom were "flabbergasted," he said.

Reed said he and Gordon got along, but they weren't especially close. He never knew Gordon to speak about religion.

"It never came out," Reed said.

After Gordon dropped out of Thompson Rivers University, he was active in a group called the Kamloops Social Club, which organized parties at local bars.

"He was an interesting character," said Nate Froese, who operates Joy Factory Films and did some work for the social club.

"He was very driven and ambitious, but he had a hard time following through on things. He had goals in mind and he went after them, that’s for sure."

A former classmate who asked not to be identified said she remembers Gordon as a very social person.

"I can say that he was really nice, really personable and outgoing," the woman said. "He was stoked on life."

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dogma can be a very powerful thing...

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who hit their breaks as they get closer & closer to a green light. Hello, it's a green light. That means GO!!
I will coast as I approach a green light when I can see that the walk sign countdown shows that it will turn red before I get there. I laugh at the ones who accelerate around me only to have to waste their gas and brakes coming to a quick stop.

It's all about driving smarter, not faster.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will coast as I approach a green light when I can see that the walk sign countdown shows that it will turn red before I get there. I laugh at the ones who accelerate around me only to have to waste their gas and brakes coming to a quick stop.

It's all about driving smarter, not faster.

I guess it depends on where you live. Many of the people where I live will slow down as they get closer & closer to a light. Two other things many do are stopping like 5 feet before the crosswalk. I worry as to whether or not these people should have a drivers license. The other is they take 5 seconds before going when the light turns green. Sorry, I just find these things to be annoying.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember if this is where we are discussing iCloud and naked people, but listen up.

If you use an Apple device and have an apple ID:
1) Think about switching. Really.
2) You are about to get hit with a MASSIVE fraud campaign. There are a bunch of domains registered in the last 24 hours hosting malicious software and credential stealers. A SPAM-BOT has just been programmed to release emails with the subject line: "Please Review Your Information" coming from <[email protected]> with text telling you that your account has been accessed from somewhere else.

It is a scam, although a good one because this is something Apple would do, and the email looks pretty good. Plus, once you hit the Apple "Login Page" (it's a fake one) you get redirected to the real Apple site that tells you your last logins.

Also, set up your iToy to NOT automagically sync with iCloud and make sure you turn off Geo-Tagging of your pictures.

One of the Celebrities had their home address exposed during this...

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who knowingly lie to a host and say they have six people in their party and then try to pull over tables and chairs on their own when their ten other friends showed up. We have a system, dudes. You don't get to do that. And you don't get to get mad when we tell you that they 16 of you can't sit there anymore.