• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having to say "oh what a cute name" when someone tells you the abomination they just gave their new baby.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy appliances I dont have the money for and don't need.

Last fall after two dryer vent cleanings the company told me the vent was fine and the dryer fan was old an the issue. So I bought a new dryer and it did not dry the clothes either. Called someone else to clean the vent and they did it differently and pulled a giant thick ball of lint out. Then new dryer worked great, as I am sure the old one would have to. Got my money back for the vent cleaning, but still bought a dryer we did not need.

Dishwasher stopped working the other night. Not happy, but 10 years old so my wife ordered a new one. Installed today and guess what, it doesnt work. Its a power issue. Of course by that time the old is packed up in the van. So we bought a dishwasher now that we didnt need and will have to pay an electrician who knows how much.....

I'm going to have to prostitute myself to pay for all this. I wonder if I can specify gloved hand stuff only.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying in Ann Arbor for a few days and headed to Michigan International Speedway on Sunday for the Nascar Cup Series race.

I’ve been following the forecast for about a week knowing it is subject to change.

Was absolutely looking to be beautiful Saturday through Monday so I figured we would have a nice little trip.

Checked the weather today. Rain in the forecast Sunday through Tuesday.

Just hoping they can get the race in by Monday at the latest.

Need good vibes to keep the rain away.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying in Ann Arbor for a few days and headed to Michigan International Speedway on Sunday for the Nascar Cup Series race.

I’ve been following the forecast for about a week knowing it is subject to change.

Was absolutely looking to be beautiful Saturday through Monday so I figured we would have a nice little trip.

Checked the weather today. Rain in the forecast Sunday through Tuesday.

Just hoping they can get the race in by Monday at the latest.

Need good vibes to keep the rain away.
Cars were on the pace laps and a lap or 2 from the green flag and got hit with a passing shower. So we sit here waiting it out

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol
Apply for an internal job posting, sumbitting resume and answering a few overall questions.
I receive request to answer a few more questions online then a by voice recording -but request goes to Spam folder.
Get another email from HR asking me to please respond to the request.
When I am on-site at a place today an HR person leaves me a voicemail telling me they are interested and would really like me to respond to the request.
I get home and answer the 10 questions they ask, all of which are simple and probably answered on my resume, hit submit and am immediately given a message saying I do not meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
:ohwell:

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, tiny houses. Fuck, who wants to live in a box trailer? No, I don't want a garden shed with wheels.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, tiny houses. Fuck, who wants to live in a box trailer? No, I don't want a garden shed with wheels.
The current generation modular home. Almost like buying a car you pay for something you will have to trade in with no, or little, value at some point.

Also at a certain point in life I really don't want to climb a ladder to get into my bed.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason #591 to hate Florida.

Screenshot_20230828-212608-480.png

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lionel Ritchie. I mean, like, why? He hasn't been significant for decades. He was like the best they could find for King Charles's coronation? Really, kings and queens need to give at least a year's notice if they expect their successors to get top talent. Otherwise it's gonna be has-beens like this guy.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, that would drive me nuts too bec… oops didn’t read that whole post. My bad.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lionel Ritchie. I mean, like, why? He hasn't been significant for decades. He was like the best they could find for King Charles's coronation? Really, kings and queens need to give at least a year's notice if they expect their successors to get top talent. Otherwise it's gonna be has-beens like this guy.

Should have gotten Dave Grohl instead...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are friends. And would you really expect Prince Charles (74) to have relevant musical tastes?

Lionel's song "Running With The Night" was originally called "Running With The Knights" and was written about Charles, Lionel, and their friends tales of whoring around North Wales in the 70s