• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My in laws. All of them.

*ring*
Me: Hello?
Pops: Hey there. Just calling to see what you decided about the truck
M: Truck?
P: Yeah, the Ranger. Do you want it or not?
M: Ummmmm, no.
P: Well I wish you would have told me that! I could have had it sold three times by now.
M: Uh, okay. Well now you know.
P: *click*

Yeah, there's a busted old pickup in their yard. And no one ever asked me if I wanted it (I don't) but apparently in his mind I was holding up the windfall of (I would imagine) one hundred and fifty bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My in laws. All of them.

*ring*
Me: Hello?
Pops: Hey there. Just calling to see what you decided about the truck
M: Truck?
P: Yeah, the Ranger. Do you want it or not?
M: Ummmmm, no.
P: Well I wish you would have told me that! I could have had it sold three times by now.
M: Uh, okay. Well now you know.
P: *click*

Yeah, there's a busted old pickup in their yard. And no one ever asked me if I wanted it (I don't) but apparently in his mind I was holding up the windfall of (I would imagine) one hundred and fifty bucks.

:lol:

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who report someone to CPS just for the hell of it, and make a Mother cry out of fear that others will think she's a terrible parent.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shocked: Wow, that's terrible.

Yeah, it is. They come to your house, and talk to each parent separately, on different days, and a different person each time. They inspect the house as well as the children. They ask questions that make you wonder if you are answering them the right way or not because you're now nervous of saying something wrong. The worst part is they try to coerce you in giving up information by pretending that "certain things" are ok to do, so you can just tell them, even if nothing has happened.

Then you get to wait for a letter that says if the case will remain opened or closed, but even when it's closed, it's still on record.

Fuck people who report for no reason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this person just not like you, or was something badly misinterpreted somewhere?

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this person just not like you, or was something badly misinterpreted somewhere?

I'm thinking the latter, but the wife would go with the former. Whole situation is just frustrating.

And I meant to say "my friend" is going through this, not me. :rollseyes:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the latter, but the wife would go with the former. Whole situation is just frustrating.

And I meant to say "my friend" is going through this, not me. :rollseyes:

I imagine the majority of these sorts of wrongful accusations are nothing more than a passing glance at something out of context which made it look worse than it was, or made it look like something bad when it was, in fact, innocent.

Of course, when those misinterpretations occur, it is usually best for the person who sees it to report it, just in case.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, when those misinterpretations occur, it is usually best for the person who sees it to report it, just in case.

Yeah, becasue the US is becoming nothing more than a society of people who rubberneck, sue, and report everything under the sun now.

Hooray! :usa:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it is. They come to your house, and talk to each parent separately, on different days, and a different person each time. They inspect the house as well as the children. They ask questions that make you wonder if you are answering them the right way or not because you're now nervous of saying something wrong. The worst part is they try to coerce you in giving up information by pretending that "certain things" are ok to do, so you can just tell them, even if nothing has happened.

Then you get to wait for a letter that says if the case will remain opened or closed, but even when it's closed, it's still on record.

Fuck people who report for no reason.

Does your friend know who the person is that called in? Could definitely be some kind of harassment depending on NY's laws.

Hope it turns out okay. And I would bring charges if I were you... errr, your friend.

And for the record, I'm a lawyer, but I do believe suing/charging people is out of control and people should work to resolve their problems. And while I wouldn't bring a civil case, I'd get the cops after whoever it is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing which bothers me from my teaching perspective is bad writing. I teach chemistry, so I expect any written response to be clear, direct, and concise. There should be sufficient detail, the entire question should be addressed, and I should not have to read the response repeatedly just to discern what is being said. Additionally, poorly written and formatted emails irk me. Almost every email I get from a student is really poorly written. Some don't even bother with capitalization or punctuation and just send it in "text message" form. I am the instructor, and I should command at least sufficient respect to warrant a properly written email.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, becasue the US is becoming nothing more than a society of people who rubberneck, sue, and report everything under the sun now.

Hooray! :usa:

Context should always be considered, and I'm not supporting "crying wolf," but if you feel you've seen something legitimately offensive, or which very conceivably could have been, it's not a bad idea to step in, even if that just means being more alert to the possibility of a problem in the future.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does your friend know who the person is that called in? Could definitely be some kind of harassment depending on NY's laws.

Hope it turns out okay. And I would bring charges if I were you... errr, your friend.

Yeah, "they" totally know who it was that reported them, but the guy from CPS can't divulge any information about it, and admitted that they have to investigate every report, even if it's petty and a waste of time.

Tax dollars at work.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Context should always be considered, and I'm not supporting "crying wolf," but if you feel you've seen something legitimately offensive, or which very conceivably could have been, it's not a bad idea to step in, even if that just means being more alert to the possibility of a problem in the future.

Problem is what is "offensive"? Spanking a child may be acceptable to one set of parents, but another would find it barbaric and cruel. Sending a child to their room might be also considered cruel by some people, but ok by others. Some people might report someone for doing the very same thing that they do, but want to report it as a "concerned" party.

The worst are people who don't have kids but always throw their 2 cents in the mix.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, "they" totally know who it was that reported them, but the guy from CPS can't divulge any information about it, and admitted that they have to investigate every report, even if it's petty and a waste of time.

Tax dollars at work.

I guess that makes sense. Even if it sucks in your situation, I can see how that serves the greater good.

Hope it turns out okay... for your friend.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is what is "offensive"? Spanking a child may be acceptable to one set of parents, but another would find it barbaric and cruel. Sending a child to their room might be also considered cruel by some people, but ok by others. Some people might report someone for doing the very same thing that they do, but want to report it as a "concerned" party.

The worst are people who don't have kids but always throw their 2 cents in the mix.

I suppose I did overlook the fact that not everyone is as reasonable as I am... :think:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also didn't understand the fact that an xbox 360 with kinect was just purchased for the kids to enjoy, and that a certain Father has yet to be able to play Skyrim.

Now that is a test of a great parent if you ask me.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also didn't understand the fact that an xbox 360 with kinect was just purchased for the kids to enjoy, and that a certain Father has yet to be able to play Skyrim.

Now that is a test of a great parent if you ask me.

This is a good thing. That game will steal your soul.

edit: but seriously, good luck with all that bullshit, I fucking hate people that make a mess out of nothing.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRagging of the feet. Yes, I already stated this, but the same person is walking around at work again dragging her feet. I fucking hate it. Is life that miserable? I also hate when people walk with their head down.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tax dollars at work.

CPS really has a tough job though because there are a lot of really shit parents out there and I'm sure it's not always easy to figure out which those are. I'm sure your friend isn't one of them, but CPS is kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. Imagine the shit they'd be in if they didn't investigate a report that appeared to be nothing and something ended up happening to the kid.