• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @sbb122 I have a new commericial to add to the list.

If I ever see this guy in public he is getting the shovel just because of this outfit, man bun and the way he walks (or if that is supposed to be a jog?).

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spending Thanksgiving break with cold/flu symptoms. Mrs Dare and Dare Jr too. Thankfully we didn't have any plans to go anywhere. Flu and covid tests were negative.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spending Thanksgiving break with cold/flu symptoms. Mrs Dare and Dare Jr too. Thankfully we didn't have any plans to go anywhere. Flu and covid tests were negative.
Oh geez good luck and hope you feel better.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take it easy and feel better soon, Curt. Same goes for the family as well.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feel better dare, and your family as well

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you all feel better soon!

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have mentioned this before, but I can't stand the Holiday Pop genre that takes over the airwaves every year at this time. I don't listen to any stations on my car radio that do this until after Christmas, and dread going to the grocery store. I still remember before the furor over religion started that we could have about a week of Silent Night and O Little Town of Bethlehem and then go back to normal, but a month of Frosty and Rudolph is bad enough, and that's still better than modern pop star shit.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching washington play just irritates the hell out of me this year for the first time.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have mentioned this before, but I can't stand the Holiday Pop genre that takes over the airwaves every year at this time. I don't listen to any stations on my car radio that do this until after Christmas, and dread going to the grocery store. I still remember before the furor over religion started that we could have about a week of Silent Night and O Little Town of Bethlehem and then go back to normal, but a month of Frosty and Rudolph is bad enough, and that's still better than modern pop star shit.

I was in the grocery store yesterday and what comes over the PA is "Islands In the Stream" by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers and I immediately thought of @Comeds

dolly-parton3-gty-ml-231124_1700836997963_hpEmbed_3x2.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in the grocery store yesterday and what comes over the PA is "Islands In the Stream" by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers and I immediately thought of @Comeds

dolly-parton3-gty-ml-231124_1700836997963_hpEmbed_3x2.jpg
Yeah, its a good song. I had a friend who was good at mixing stuff so he isolated and removed half of the vocals for me so I could add my own. Now I have my own version where I am singing along with Kenny. Priceless, you can't buy memories like that.

Also for radio stations at Christmas - just play your regular stuff but also play "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" every 3rd or 4th song. That way everyone is happy.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have over 8900 songs stored in the cloud at IBroadcast.com grouped into playlists by genre, timeframe, mood, etc. I even have my own Christmas playlist. I can access it on my phone, Android Auto, Alexa. I never hear songs I don't want to hear. What's a radio station?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have over 8900 songs stored in the cloud at IBroadcast.com grouped into playlists by genre, timeframe, mood, etc. I even have my own Christmas playlist. I can access it on my phone, Android Auto, Alexa. I never hear songs I don't want to hear. What's a radio station?
I still like radio (usually XM) to hear new stuff. I was never great with hearing or reading about something then listening to it and liking it right away. I still prefer to hear new stuff played a couple of times and naturally discovering if I like it or not. I have thousands of songs stored too, but unless I am in a mood :-)suds:) I usually listen to something newish.

Now if didn't have a long commute some days and got rid of XM, I dont think there would be any local stations I could listen to.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you feel better soon. I am mailing you an emotional support kitty. Don't worry I taped up the box tight.

I spent 3 hours in the ER with Mrs 43 who smashed a finger inside the door of cabinet she was moving. She broke her middle finger, and she has not hesitated to aim the broken finger at anyone who annoys her.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like radio (usually XM) to hear new stuff. I was never great with hearing or reading about something then listening to it and liking it right away. I still prefer to hear new stuff played a couple of times and naturally discovering if I like it or not. I have thousands of songs stored too, but unless I am in a mood :-)suds:) I usually listen to something newish.

Now if didn't have a long commute some days and got rid of XM, I dont think there would be any local stations I could listen to.
I love XM. But I don't use it to find new music. I pretty much listen to the 80's New Wave, the 90's alternative and cassette era classic rock station.

Had to use the Mrs' car for a few days and she does not have XM so I had to listen to local radio. I considered driving the car into a tree.

Song.
"witty" banter and wacky topicality
3 minutes of commercials, often the same 4 commercials back to back
"witty" banter
Request phone call
Awful Song
Repeat

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent 3 hours in the ER with Mrs 43 who smashed a finger inside the door of cabinet she was moving. She broke her middle finger, and she has not hesitated to aim the broken finger at anyone who annoys her.

Is that Danny Tartabull?

24eddb75-985b-4569-bdad-e5c7f3115771_text.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love XM. But I don't use it to find new music. I pretty much listen to the 80's New Wave, the 90's alternative and cassette era classic rock station.

Had to use the Mrs' car for a few days and she does not have XM so I had to listen to local radio. I considered driving the car into a tree.

Song.
"witty" banter and wacky topicality
3 minutes of commercials, often the same 4 commercials back to back
"witty" banter
Request phone call
Awful Song
Repeat
I have some of those stations saved too. Just usually start at AltNation, XMU, etc

Agree 100% about local radio. I stream XM from my phone so if just on a short trip I might not hook it up. I think I have heard the same song to and from the grocery store numerous times too.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had XM free for 3 months when I got my new car last year. First Wave and Lithium channels played songs that were almost exclusively already in my collection. The ones that weren't in my collection I didn't care to listen to anyway. Plus, my randomized playlists are much less repetitive.

Trying to find new good music is like traipsing through an autotune minefield exploding my eardrums. There is no autotune in my collection.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what happens first thing in my car? Fuckin' Felice Navidad! Not only Holiday Pop, but in Spanish.