• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$94 an hour for a plumber. I’m in the wrong line of work lol

You also can't get contractors to do small jobs. I've gotten a million quotes for various projects and been completely ghosted by quite a few. If it's not a total gut job they don't seem to be interested (unless they have a large job in the area).

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
running a work hockey pool, today is the final day after two weeks of reminders... it's like herding cats

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably mentioned this before, but today's windy conditions brought it back up. Neighbor directly across the street has 7 or so giant oak trees in front of/behind his house. I have a locust tree in front and 3 oaks and a sugar maple behind. My house backs to a very heavily wooded ravine so me and my two neighbors on either side get massive amounts of leaves in the back. Every year we've been here, without fail, across the street guy hires a landscaping crew the middle of October to clean up his leaves in his yard while his trees have dropped like maybe 25%. Me and both neighbors to either side wait. Last weekend, the three of us on our side did our front yards and we all pretty much just blow the back yard leaves into the ravine. Of course, across the street guys' front yard is COVERED.

Today, with the wind, now ours are as well. AGAIN.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done pretending that Peyton Manning is funny. I get it, he's a giant nerd that's spent a decade trying to expand beyond football guy but enough is enough.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done pretending that Peyton Manning is funny. I get it, he's a giant nerd that's spent a decade trying to expand beyond football guy but enough is enough.
They should put Peyton and Cris Collinsworth in the same broadcast booth.

And blow it up.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cryptic news.article links like "A popular vehicle manufacturer recalls over 600,000 SUVs"

It would have saved a lot of bits just to say Ford.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably mentioned this before, but today's windy conditions brought it back up. Neighbor directly across the street has 7 or so giant oak trees in front of/behind his house. I have a locust tree in front and 3 oaks and a sugar maple behind. My house backs to a very heavily wooded ravine so me and my two neighbors on either side get massive amounts of leaves in the back. Every year we've been here, without fail, across the street guy hires a landscaping crew the middle of October to clean up his leaves in his yard while his trees have dropped like maybe 25%. Me and both neighbors to either side wait. Last weekend, the three of us on our side did our front yards and we all pretty much just blow the back yard leaves into the ravine. Of course, across the street guys' front yard is COVERED.

Today, with the wind, now ours are as well. AGAIN.

Black Locust? ...that's a fairly rare tree. Hardest wood in North America.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office
Season 4 Episode 10 GIF by The Office
Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office
Season 4 Dunder Mifflin Infinity GIF by The Office
The Office Thats GIF
Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single driver in all of Maryland.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. All I know is they must call it a Locust tree because the 74 million little tellow leaves that make a plague seem enjoyable by comparison.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. All I know is they must call it a Locust tree because the 74 million little tellow leaves that make a plague seem enjoyable by comparison.
I had a Honey Locust in my front yard. It was the worst and even years after it was cut down the roots through the yard continued to sprout new trees!

And for folks that don’t know about a Honey locust, not only are they dirty trees with those annoying little leaves you can’t clean up. They have these at the base:

Leaves-pods-trunk-honey-locust.jpg

Last edited:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delaware drivers too. Stay out of the left lane if you’re going five under the limit.
I seriously think that is an issue everywhere now. I drive I-85 near Atlanta slot and if I stay in the far right lane I go faster. I witness cars getting on the interstate dive the whole way over to the left lane.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously think that is an issue everywhere now. I drive I-85 near Atlanta slot and if I stay in the far right lane I go faster. I witness cars getting on the interstate dive the whole way over to the left lane.

Good luck everybody else.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought I’d say this, but I miss the competence of Massachusetts drivers. They have a reputation for being crazy, but they generally have the ability to drive fast on crowded highways and will get out of the way when someone faster is coming up behind.

Morning rush hour was a breeeze, but afternoons with the schoolkids and shoppers from the Mall were sometimes a nightmare.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought I’d say this, but I miss the competence of Massachusetts drivers. They have a reputation for being crazy, but they generally have the ability to drive fast on crowded highways and will get out of the way when someone faster is coming up behind.

Morning rush hour was a breeeze, but afternoons with the schoolkids and shoppers from the Mall were sometimes a nightmare.
Heck in PA they used to ticket you if you didn’t use a turn signal. Not so much anymore. I miss that also when people actually used turn signals.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice the Subaru is missing and it seems most companies are spending the money on the EV design efforts. Since the only real competition in the SUV market above is price.

Finally efficiency really took over and there isn’t many ways to design a car to have all the required safety elements and less drag.