• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or get it's wheels stolen.

darkstone: "what??? you dont like the bikes with the big wheels ???"

cf75b8b9af131c256db148f51d69812f.jpg

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might need slightly larger rear tires as you need a little more clearance to hang the truck nuts off.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I have new wheels, so no more carrying my bike places. I paid a little over $600 for the bike, but since with the wheels were also stolen two tires, two tubes, two disk brake rotors, and an 8-speed gear set, the total damage to replace everything was almost $400, which is half of the paycheck I got today.

But at least I have transportation again.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son's phone broke. It was a 4 year old Droid (which I can buy online for 75 bucks). I called to upgrade, and disagreed that I should pay an "upgrade fee" on a phone that was a year and a half past it's upgrade date. They said okay. "Go to the store, we've noted your account and they will not charge the upgrade fee." Sweet.

Get to store, the monthly cost of the phone I want to replace it with is double. "Sorry, they only offer that deal online. By the way, the phone that broke had insurance on it. Here's a number to call to get it replaced." Quoted me the deductible as written in my account. 50 bucks. He even said they don't make that phone anymore they will replace it with a Droid Turbo 2. Oh, okay. Sweet.

"Hey, I noticed you are paying 30 bucks a month for insurance on 2 phones. We can cover all 4 of your devices for 33, want me to change that for ya?" Sure. Sweet.

Call the insurance company, get the claim started and get disconnected. Dangit. I can finish the claim up online. Get back to the office, start the claim process "There is already a claim for this phone in process". No shit. "Verify this information, yada yada yada". I did. "We don't have that contact information in our system that way. Please call." After an hour and a half, finally get it straightened out. My number. My phone. My account. We'll send your new one. The insurance deductible is $150. Wait, what? Essentially, sorry that's what we charge. Sorry the store guy lied to you.

Back to the store. Manager now. Explain it all. "Sorry, I will have to train him better". Nothing else. His hands are tied. So I tell him kill the insurance scam on my account. I tell him how his guy sold me the all 4 device insurance saying I was paying 30 bucks. "That's not possible". Look into my account, yeah. I was actually payin 18 bucks a month for the insurance and the sales guy just lied to get another incentive.

Bottom line, the regional manager is involved and my son still doesn't have a phone. And every one of those fuckers needs to get Syphilis in their eyeballs.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son's phone broke. It was a 4 year old Droid (which I can buy online for 75 bucks). I called to upgrade, and disagreed that I should pay an "upgrade fee" on a phone that was a year and a half past it's upgrade date. They said okay. "Go to the store, we've noted your account and they will not charge the upgrade fee." Sweet.

Get to store, the monthly cost of the phone I want to replace it with is double. "Sorry, they only offer that deal online. By the way, the phone that broke had insurance on it. Here's a number to call to get it replaced." Quoted me the deductible as written in my account. 50 bucks. He even said they don't make that phone anymore they will replace it with a Droid Turbo 2. Oh, okay. Sweet.

"Hey, I noticed you are paying 30 bucks a month for insurance on 2 phones. We can cover all 4 of your devices for 33, want me to change that for ya?" Sure. Sweet.

Call the insurance company, get the claim started and get disconnected. Dangit. I can finish the claim up online. Get back to the office, start the claim process "There is already a claim for this phone in process". No shit. "Verify this information, yada yada yada". I did. "We don't have that contact information in our system that way. Please call." After an hour and a half, finally get it straightened out. My number. My phone. My account. We'll send your new one. The insurance deductible is $150. Wait, what? Essentially, sorry that's what we charge. Sorry the store guy lied to you.

Back to the store. Manager now. Explain it all. "Sorry, I will have to train him better". Nothing else. His hands are tied. So I tell him kill the insurance scam on my account. I tell him how his guy sold me the all 4 device insurance saying I was paying 30 bucks. "That's not possible". Look into my account, yeah. I was actually payin 18 bucks a month for the insurance and the sales guy just lied to get another incentive.

Bottom line, the regional manager is involved and my son still doesn't have a phone. And every one of those fuckers needs to get Syphilis in their eyeballs.
This right here is why I pay 100% upfront for my phones and go exclusively pre-paid.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 7 extra innings rain delays.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People trying to tell me how to deal with Type 1 diabetes (I have a sister and my oldest son has type 1) and they always come with facts tied to Type 2 diabetes. They are two totally different diseases just happen to have a similar name that affect the same organ.

BTW....on that same note I hope all these Trump supporters who have either form of diabetes better hope the ACA law protecting folks with pre-existing conditions doesn't get repealed.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People trying to tell me how to deal with Type 1 diabetes (I have a sister and my oldest son has type 1) and they always come with facts tied to Type 2 diabetes. They are two totally different diseases just happen to have a similar name that affect the same organ.

BTW....on that same note I hope all these Trump supporters who have either form of diabetes better hope the ACA law protecting folks with pre-existing conditions doesn't get repealed.

The misinformation about both forms is staggering.

But then again, in the "information age", finding people who actually seek real information is getting harder and harder.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The misinformation about both forms is staggering.

But then again, in the "information age", finding people who actually seek real information is getting harder and harder.
Oh tell me about it even in the medical community.
Type 1 is one of most misdiagnosed diseases out there. When my son was diagnosed 4 years ago we just happened to be lucky on how it was caught, because if it would have went any longer he could have went into a coma and/or died.
The back story to his diagnosis he was sick for a week, missed school during that time. Took him to the old pediatrician earlier that week, they wanted to give him some antibiotics. Later that week he was sick at night so we took him to the ER (per the prediactricians recommendation if he got worse) and they did the normal stuff and sent him home (more to the story that we tried to push them for more testing, even blood sugars but they accused us of being hypochondriacs). So that Saturday he looked worse, so we took him to another hospitals ER and as soon as we got him in the room the nurse walked in and said "Oh my god, he is in DKA!". So they didn't even screw around from that point and took him to the Childrens hospital via ambulance to get him admitted and treated properly. He was in the hospital for a week and during that time we actually had to go through classes to learn and understand what to do.

Basically after my experience, and hearing about others with similar experiences. Don't screw around if you, or a loved one has the symptoms. Make sure blood tests and urine tests are done, even question the physicians/nurses knowledge of the disease or when going to the ER make sure that hospital has an endocrinologist or endocrinology department.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last Friday, I replaced the wheels which were stolen the previous Thursday. Today, my whole bike was stolen. They cut the chain I used to lock it up in front of a bowling alley on a busy street in broad daylight, detached the front wheel, which was locked to the rack with a U-lock (the rack was shaped such that I could only attach the front wheel to it, which is why I strapped the rest of it with a chain), and left the U-lock, chain, and wheel, taking the rest of the bike, which they either then carried (again, in broad daylight) or put in a truck, because the back wheel was locked to the frame, so they couldn't have rolled it away.

It was in broad daylight, though, and there is a camera trained on the bike rack, so there's a decent chance I get it back. Tomorrow morning, I'll be filing the police report (there's an online form for bike theft, which asks for a serial number, which I can get when the shop opens up tomorrow morning), and the bowling alley will call me after they go through the security tapes to let me know if they saw anything.

And I had just bowled a 238, which was my first ever 200 game right before coming out to find this, and I went from top of the world to rock bottom so fast I think I have whiplash.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how-to-cope-kids-and-daylight-savings-time.jpg

An extra hour of sleep you say? Ya, right.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last Friday, I replaced the wheels which were stolen the previous Thursday. Today, my whole bike was stolen. They cut the chain I used to lock it up in front of a bowling alley on a busy street in broad daylight, detached the front wheel, which was locked to the rack with a U-lock (the rack was shaped such that I could only attach the front wheel to it, which is why I strapped the rest of it with a chain), and left the U-lock, chain, and wheel, taking the rest of the bike, which they either then carried (again, in broad daylight) or put in a truck, because the back wheel was locked to the frame, so they couldn't have rolled it away.

It was in broad daylight, though, and there is a camera trained on the bike rack, so there's a decent chance I get it back. Tomorrow morning, I'll be filing the police report (there's an online form for bike theft, which asks for a serial number, which I can get when the shop opens up tomorrow morning), and the bowling alley will call me after they go through the security tapes to let me know if they saw anything.

And I had just bowled a 238, which was my first ever 200 game right before coming out to find this, and I went from top of the world to rock bottom so fast I think I have whiplash.

God damn. Sorry DS.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Chris, if you set up a GoFundMe page, I'm confident we could get enough of the word out and raise enough for you to get a new bike.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The police report is filed. I have the serial number on the bike, and I attached some unique things to it, like a turtle on the handlebars, so if they go through something like a pawn shop, they'll get caught.

For now, I'm just going to ride my old, mostly broken down bike to get to and from work, but a Go Fund Me page isn't a bad idea if I don't get this one back.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The police report is filed. I have the serial number on the bike, and I attached some unique things to it, like a turtle on the handlebars, so if they go through something like a pawn shop, they'll get caught.

For now, I'm just going to ride my old, mostly broken down bike to get to and from work, but a Go Fund Me page isn't a bad idea if I don't get this one back.

I'd donate to a go fund me in order to fix up the old one too.

If you were willing to ride a 25 year old BMX bike, I might have one to send ya :)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd donate to a go fund me in order to fix up the old one too.

If you were willing to ride a 25 year old BMX bike, I might have one to send ya :)
You better have the red, yellow or blue tires on that bike!

Sadly I loved that movie. :L

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better have the red, yellow or blue tires on that bike!

Sadly I loved that movie. :L

I loved that movie too. But I was a BMX Bandit myself.

And yes, it has Blue Tires.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved that movie too. But I was a BMX Bandit myself.

And yes, it has Blue Tires.

I had red tires on my Schwinn (we didn't have a lot of money growing up) but like Darkstone that was stolen and sadly I was stuck with black tires on my new bike after that which was even a downgrade from the Schwinn.