• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corporate Monarchy, here we come.

Is Trump going to install a gold throne in the White House?
That and the black fence around the white house will become a "wall" with the people of DC paying for it. Last thing he wants are those foreigners getting in.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corporate Monarchy, here we come.

We've been there a while.

I am constantly annoyed that people think there is a "Liberal Media". Yeah, CNN and MSNBC will slant the delivery to make it seem like they favor one thing over another, and to try and distinguish themselves from Fox and the opposite slant.

But MSNBC is owned by Comcast, and CNN is owned by Time Warner (and those two companies wanted to merge, let that soak in a bit), and if you have even the slightest inkling that either one of those conglomerates in in any way liberal... I have a bridge for sale.

It has nothing to do with the delivery. It's the content. For two weeks, all three major network reported ad nauseum about emails that one candidate had nothing to do with. Meanwhile not talking at all that the other candidate has a TRIAL DATE set for racketeering and another TRIAL DATE set for the r*pe of a 13 year old girl. Or that the girl, now a woman, received death threats and was intimidated into dropping the charges despite the fact that THERE ARE WITNESSES. Or any of the literal hundreds of things that would have painted Trump in a more realistic light. They can boo-hoo on air about the results last night. But the people who sign the checks are happy as a pig in shit right now.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

That and the black fence around the white house will become a "wall" with the people of DC paying for it. Last thing he wants are those foreigners getting in.

That's gonna make state dinners less well attended.

But since they will all just be KFC served with golden cutlery, that's probably okay.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been there a while.

I am constantly annoyed that people think there is a "Liberal Media". Yeah, CNN and MSNBC will slant the delivery to make it seem like they favor one thing over another, and to try and distinguish themselves from Fox and the opposite slant.

But MSNBC is owned by Comcast, and CNN is owned by Time Warner (and those two companies wanted to merge, let that soak in a bit), and if you have even the slightest inkling that either one of those conglomerates in in any way liberal... I have a bridge for sale.

It has nothing to do with the delivery. It's the content. For two weeks, all three major network reported ad nauseum about emails that one candidate had nothing to do with. Meanwhile not talking at all that the other candidate has a TRIAL DATE set for racketeering and another TRIAL DATE set for the r*pe of a 13 year old girl. Or that the girl, now a woman, received death threats and was intimidated into dropping the charges despite the fact that THERE ARE WITNESSES. Or any of the literal hundreds of things that would have painted Trump in a more realistic light. They can boo-hoo on air about the results last night. But the people who sign the checks are happy as a pig in shit right now.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

That's gonna make state dinners less well attended.

But since they will all just be KFC served with golden cutlery, that's probably okay.

"But why are you overlooking the email thing?"

"Because it's a comparatively small deal, and very well not a deal at all, mostly."

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Conservative think tanks have perpetuated the mindset for so long (liberal media, politically correct, outlawing of guns, etc) that the belief has permeated far outside just the Fox News, Blaze, Limbaugh et. al. followers. This upheaval was inevitable, and I don't hold much hope that enough people will wake up to it to make a difference for a long time. It all started with the 1994 "Contract on America".

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conservative think tanks have perpetuated the mindset for so long (liberal media, politically correct, outlawing of guns, etc) that the belief has permeated far outside just the Fox News, Blaze, Limbaugh et. al. followers. This upheaval was inevitable, and I don't hold much hope that enough people will wake up to it to make a difference for a long time. It all started with the 1994 "Contract on America".
Barring a catastrophic first two years of his administration, the 2018 shape up nicely for the Republicans. Not only has their advantage at the state levels helped them gerrymander a safe majority in the House, but there are definitely more potentially vulnerable Democratic seats up for re-election than Republican.

There's probably not much chance of a substantial directional change until after the 2020 census when seats and electoral votes are re-allocated for the 2022 mid-term elections. Whether the gains by states like CA are enough to offset losses by states like NY (relative to other states that is, since NY's population is still growing as a whole) and corresponding gains by states like Texas remains to be seen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring a catastrophic first two years of his administration, the 2018 shape up nicely for the Republicans. Not only has their advantage at the state levels helped them gerrymander a safe majority in the House, but there are definitely more potentially vulnerable Democratic seats up for re-election than Republican.

There's probably not much chance of a substantial directional change until after the 2020 census when seats and electoral votes are re-allocated for the 2022 mid-term elections. Whether the gains by states like CA are enough to offset losses by states like NY (relative to other states that is, since NY's population is still growing as a whole) and corresponding gains by states like Texas remains to be seen.

If Trump is as bad as I expect, there's a chance confidence in republicans disappears by 2018. This could be a long-term win for democrats if the country survives, making democrats look more appealing in typically republican seats.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trump is as bad as I expect, there's a chance confidence in republicans disappears by 2018. This could be a long-term win for democrats if the country survives, making democrats look more appealing in typically republican seats.

Both parties are now unrecognizable. That's not necessarily a bad thing, IMO. The Democrats are worse off at the moment, but if a Trump presidency flops then all bets are off - like you said. If it is successful, well....looks bad for the Democrats.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both parties are now unrecognizable. That's not necessarily a bad thing, IMO. The Democrats are worse off at the moment, but if a Trump presidency flops then all bets are off - like you said. If it is successful, well....looks bad for the Democrats.

I was hoping the Republican party would fold under Trump's failure (obviously didn't happen), and the void filled by Libertarians and/or moderate Democrats. I do expect either a shift hard to the left in the Democratic party to better distinguish them from their conservative colleagues, or a splitting of their party into moderates and progressives.

Either way, things are going to change after this election.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy looks far too much like my brother in law for comfort.

He also thinks way too much like him too.

This statement is a particular breed of crazy which never should have been allowed anywhere near the White House, but I guess we also already elected a particular breed of crazy to live in the White House, so why stop there?

The young vote would disappear, since what 18-22 year old actually owns property? I don't own property yet, and probably won't until my mid-30s, because why would I when I know I'll not be settling down yet.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crazy thing is most financial experts these days advise young people to rent and invest rather than own property. Each individual's situation is unique of course and some people prefer the security of home ownership.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shot in the dark jumping on ticketmaster to see if any tickets have been released for Louis CK tonight

bang ... 2 tickets available ... 2 minutes to proceed with order or else tickets released ... proceed to next screen ... additional 2 minutes to proceed with order ... lastly payment screen ... additional 4 minutes to finalize order

called/texted 4 different people in those 8 minutes and couldnt get a babysitter

TIMES UP :mad2:

DONT HAVE KIDS!!!

lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
how old is your oldest?

lock the doors and turn on the TV.
done.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how old is your oldest?

lock the doors and turn on the TV.
done.
homealone.jpg

/i said my kids needed a babysitter ... I meant referee ... there would be a shiv'ing without one

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shot in the dark jumping on ticketmaster to see if any tickets have been released for Louis CK tonight

bang ... 2 tickets available ... 2 minutes to proceed with order or else tickets released ... proceed to next screen ... additional 2 minutes to proceed with order ... lastly payment screen ... additional 4 minutes to finalize order

called/texted 4 different people in those 8 minutes and couldnt get a babysitter

TIMES UP :mad2:

DONT HAVE KIDS!!!

lol

Skype©sitter?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Christmas day, we typically let the kids Skype with the grandparents in Maryland some time in the afternoon after all the craziness has died down. It's a little more important this year as we aren't going to Maryland until Spring Break because of hockey tournaments.

This year, we were given strict instructions not to try Skype between 4 and 7 pm on Christmas day, because they would not answer.

Because, I guess seeing and speaking to your grandchildren on the biggest of all holidays will always take a back seat to fat men running into each other and falling down.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who insist on riding their bike in snowstorms.

It's already tough enough looking out for cyclists and manoeuvring with/around them in clear conditions. In a storm you can barely see whats in front of you it can be downright impossible.