• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Man, the Mariners suck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, and I've pointed this out in other places as well, the Mariners have a pitching staff that is very capable of winning the World Series. All they have to do is make the playoffs. But this is a one shot deal. Bedard and Lee are both in the last year of their contracts. You've gotta figure both will be gone after this year especially if they get putrid run support all season. The M's need to trade for some bats, and not just 1. They need 2 big run producers, one slugger like Adrian Gonzalez and one more balanced hitter like a Jason Bay type. This year is the Mariners' chance they really should take a shot at it. But in typical Mariners fashion, I'm sure they'll blow their shot and continue to trot Griffey out in the 5 hole with his .250 slugging percentage.

While Adrian Gonzalez would be a big-time impact bat, I don't know that Jason Bay would be a particularly good acquisition, nor that he's a "balanced hitter." He strikes out a lot, is terrible at going the opposite way, and gets himself into wicked funks. He also might be the worst defensive outfielder in the game. He's way overpaid, and you'd have to give up more than he's worth to get him.

But yeah, the Mariners have wicked good pitching and pretty poor hitting.

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Adrian Gonzalez would be a big-time impact bat, I don't know that Jason Bay would be a particularly good acquisition, nor that he's a "balanced hitter." He strikes out a lot, is terrible at going the opposite way, and gets himself into wicked funks. He also might be the worst defensive outfielder in the game. He's way overpaid, and you'd have to give up more than he's worth to get him.

But yeah, the Mariners have wicked good pitching and pretty poor hitting.[/QUOTE]

Somebody tell Felix Hernandez that...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, the way the Pirates lost the game tonight was a perfect example of a bad baseball team. They gave up 3 unearned runs because of two errors, and then Aki missed the tag after a perfect throw from Doumit with two outs, and the man later scored the game-winning run. Andy LaRoche's baserunning blunder didn't help matters either.

I was so excited when the Bucs got Aki, but it looks like he's lost a lot from that knee injury. He's been awful at the plate and in the field. I think they might be better served with Delwyn Young or Bobby Crosby starting at second every day...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody tell Felix Hernandez that...

It's too early to get down on him. He's got great stuff, and he's shown that he can be successful in this league before, so he'll likely put it all together soon. When you've got his kind of stuff, you'll eventually start getting away with mistakes.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.axd

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I don't care if the Pirates even win 82 games this year. They swept the Cubs in a series. That alone was enough to make me happy for the season.

=)

I was pretty impressed with the sweep and thought they might pull of a 6-7 game win streak. They typically have 1 great 10 game run going early in the season. Tonight they found a way to hand the game to the Cards with stupid errors as usual. I think the reason Bay is paid so much now is because he looked so good in Pittsburgh because he was the one shred of light for a few years along with Jack Wilson.
You know your team is in bad shape when you were actually excited Mark Cuban was thinking about buying the team. Its even worse that they didnt sell and think they are heading in the right direction. That direction happens to be up a dinosaurs ass.(<Random thought)

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty sad when you go 1-4 with a single and your slugging percentage goes up.

wart0027

(Insert witty quip here)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've watched the Twins make the playoffs almost every year since I was 16, but have never really thought they would do much.

Salary Caps seem like a good idea, but do they work?

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bravos are my team, and the whole 14 strait NL east tiltes were amazing and all, but we should have had 1 or 2 more championships from that era...disapointing but beter than what the M's or the Buccos have done, ever!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bravos are my team, and the whole 14 strait NL east tiltes were amazing and all, but we should have had 1 or 2 more championships from that era...disapointing but beter than what the M's or the Buccos have done, ever!

You act like winning more than the M's have is some kind of accomplishment.