• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Man, the Mariners suck

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Pirates fan.......that is all.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for ya, man. All that losing can't be fun to watch.

Well, when you have 18 years to get used to it, you dont expect much and sometimes(2 times a year) they overachieve but it doesnt do much. I am just praying for mediocrity. How bad is that? I just want 1 win over .500.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
did i read that right? They had an outfielder quit in the middle of the game?
Milton Bradley is a headcase and all, but man oh man, that's a new one.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did i read that right? They had an outfielder quit in the middle of the game?
Milton Bradley is a headcase and all, but man oh man, that's a new one.

They released Eric Byrnes the day after he totally whiffed on a bases loaded squeeze play in an extra inning game that they went on to lose

dont feel bad for the stud though ... he was quickly picked up by a slo-pitch softball team in California

Last Night's Winner: Eric Byrnes's New Softball Team - Eric Byrnes - Deadspin

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
They released Eric Byrnes the day after he totally whiffed on a bases loaded squeeze play in an extra inning game that they went on to lose

dont feel bad for the stud though ... he was quickly picked up by a slo-pitch softball team in California

Last Night's Winner: Eric Byrnes's New Softball Team - Eric Byrnes - Deadspin

oh i watched the end of that game.
Ms loaded the bases in the 10th and the 11th inning, and came away empty both times. :eek:
Lost 2-0 in the 12th on a wild pitch. talk about a waste of a gem by Cliff Lee.

they have been swept in 3 of their last 4 series.

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, when you have 18 years to get used to it, you dont expect much and sometimes(2 times a year) they overachieve but it doesnt do much. I am just praying for mediocrity. How bad is that? I just want 1 win over .500.

And like me, you probably don't really think that's asking a whole lot. My team has been under .500 EVERY year since '98 a decade plus.

I've stuck with them though when many O's fans are now Nats fans.

I like the nats, and wish them well, but the O's are my team...unfortunately.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I don't care if the Pirates even win 82 games this year. They swept the Cubs in a series. That alone was enough to make me happy for the season.

=)

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i thought the mariners might actually do well this year. i feel bad for them because griffey jr. is my favorite player all time. chase utley is my favorite now though.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd settle for at least three starters to not have a history of Steroids.

Or maybe for one of them to have the Steroids actually help.

Baltimore_Orioles.jpg

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that's bad. I half-heartedly root for three teams in baseball (no salary cap + steroids = gradual erosion of baseball fandom in the last 2 decades) - the Orioles who I grew up with, the Indians from my time in Cleveland, and to a lesser extent the Nats in DC. Despite having three teams, somehow they all ended up in the bottom 5 of the MLB last year. Pathetic.

It's great that since I grew up a Maryland/DC sports fan and have seen enough losing to last a lifetime, I adopted the city of Cleveland, a town with no championship in any sport for over 50 years. Why couldn't I have gone to law school in Boston. Sigh.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd settle for at least three starters to not have a history of Steroids.

Or maybe for one of them to have the Steroids actually help.

Baltimore_Orioles.jpg

Remember the MLB drug trials in Pittsburgh in the early '80s?...cocaine was rampant in the clubhouses..they busted the guy who was dealing to all the Pirate players....guess who it was?....the Pirate Parrot...I'm not fuckin kidding either...the guy in the suit was doing lines with Dave Parker and Dale Berra and those guys...

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not just the M's it's the whole AL west!

That's the other surprising thing. Who would have predicted the Angels, Rangers, and Mariners struggling so much thus far?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that's bad. I half-heartedly root for three teams in baseball (no salary cap + steroids = gradual erosion of baseball fandom in the last 2 decades) - the Orioles who I grew up with, the Indians from my time in Cleveland, and to a lesser extent the Nats in DC. Despite having three teams, somehow they all ended up in the bottom 5 of the MLB last year. Pathetic.

It's great that since I grew up a Maryland/DC sports fan and have seen enough losing to last a lifetime, I adopted the city of Cleveland, a town with no championship in any sport for over 50 years. Why couldn't I have gone to law school in Boston. Sigh.

Just remember to keep any positive feelings towards Cleveland quiet when you are in Bodymore. They've been all bent out of shape and imagining there's some rivalry there since they filmed Major League 2 at Camden Yards. :)

It's pretty sad for me that the last Championship in any sport that I was emotionally invested in the winner (Prior to the Colts in 06, and I couldn't really enjoy that with all the bitching from my wife's family) was the 1983 World Series. Only one that I remember. The Colts and Orioles both won the year I was born...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, and I've pointed this out in other places as well, the Mariners have a pitching staff that is very capable of winning the World Series. All they have to do is make the playoffs. But this is a one shot deal. Bedard and Lee are both in the last year of their contracts. You've gotta figure both will be gone after this year especially if they get putrid run support all season. The M's need to trade for some bats, and not just 1. They need 2 big run producers, one slugger like Adrian Gonzalez and one more balanced hitter like a Jason Bay type. This year is the Mariners' chance they really should take a shot at it. But in typical Mariners fashion, I'm sure they'll blow their shot and continue to trot Griffey out in the 5 hole with his .250 slugging percentage.